Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Dr. Tina
I don't know what PWing is.

Cameron Bound

Post by Dr. Tina » December 6th, 2010, 6:11 pm

Hey everyone...

If any of you check DBR, you know I'm heading to the game on Saturday. It'll be my first time watching Duke in Cameron. I consider this trip something like going to Mecca to pray! :)

I'm looking for suggestions about whether I should rent a car or take the shuttle into Duke's campus. I'm staying very nearby.

Also, I was wondering if anyone is going to be at the game on Saturday? I'd love to meet some other Duke fans, especially ones I see on the message boards and talk to regularly in chats.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm so excited!

Tina
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Cameron Bound

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 6th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Dr. Tina wrote:I'm looking for suggestions about whether I should rent a car or take the shuttle into Duke's campus. I'm staying very nearby.
I'd say rent a car. If you book through Hotwire it can be rediculously cheap, and you can explore around town more. Have a great time at the game!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 6th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Dr. Tina wrote:Hey everyone...

If any of you check DBR, you know I'm heading to the game on Saturday. It'll be my first time watching Duke in Cameron. I consider this trip something like going to Mecca to pray! :)

I'm looking for suggestions about whether I should rent a car or take the shuttle into Duke's campus. I'm staying very nearby.

Also, I was wondering if anyone is going to be at the game on Saturday? I'd love to meet some other Duke fans, especially ones I see on the message boards and talk to regularly in chats.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm so excited!

Tina
Keep reading here. We'll think of something.

Depends on how much you want to do and want to see and how close you will be to campus. I'd probably rent a car to save taxi/shuttle fare to/from RDU. Then you could drive to East Campus, park and explore. The same with West Campus and going out to dinner Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights. Regular offenders, err, attenders at the games include Ozzie and I'll be there with him in Section 13, row J. My wife will be sitting with talklady who has seats next to Ozzie. Ima and August West have seats at the back of section 15 and I always go to bother them when I get to attend a game :)) =)) . I'd get there about an hour before tip-off to explore the rooms adjacent to CIS which are rich in Duke BB history. Chick-Fil-A and Bullocks regularly serve sandwiches inside CIS and Domino's has improved their stadium pizza. Wide variety of joints to eat after the game, either for a late lunch or early dinner or both. They range from Tyler's Taproom downtown to NeoChina out near the old South Square Mall site. Rue Cler, Four Square, Magnolia Grill and Watt's Grocery are among the fancier restaurants in the area. The Fairview Room at the WaDuke has a 3 course pre-theatre dinner for about $20 and is quite good, too.

I read the DBR thread and there are some good suggestions there, too.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Cheermom
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Cheermom » December 6th, 2010, 10:39 pm

We are going to be at the game. Right now I have the bleacher tickets that were offered to Iron Dukes, but I am on the Ticket Exchange list to get seats upstairs. If I am not in the first row in the bleachers I will not be able to see anything. But, I am so desperate to get to a game and watch my daughter cheer that I broke down and got the bleacher tickets, hoping that I will end up with seats through the Ticket Exchange.
Dr. Tina

Post by Dr. Tina » December 8th, 2010, 11:54 pm

Cheermom wrote:We are going to be at the game. Right now I have the bleacher tickets that were offered to Iron Dukes, but I am on the Ticket Exchange list to get seats upstairs. If I am not in the first row in the bleachers I will not be able to see anything. But, I am so desperate to get to a game and watch my daughter cheer that I broke down and got the bleacher tickets, hoping that I will end up with seats through the Ticket Exchange.
The bleacher seats are the undergraduate section, right? I think it would be fun to sit there and be with the crazies. It's exam week, so it may not be as crowded, but who knows? I've never been there myself. I'm in the seats upstairs...Section 12 and 13.
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » December 9th, 2010, 5:14 am

Correction, please! Ima and August West are in Section 14...the odd side of 14. How do I know this? I sit "below" August West and next to my husband who sits next to Ima.

Can't have you moving these folks to Section 15...no way...never....not a chance!!!!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 9th, 2010, 10:04 pm

devildeac wrote: Keep reading here. We'll think of something.

Depends on how much you want to do and want to see and how close you will be to campus. I'd probably rent a car to save taxi/shuttle fare to/from RDU. Then you could drive to East Campus, park and explore. The same with West Campus and going out to dinner Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights. Regular offenders, err, attenders at the games include Ozzie and I'll be there with him in Section 13, row J. My wife will be sitting with talklady who has seats next to Ozzie. Ima and August West have seats at the back of section 15 and I always go to bother them when I get to attend a game :)) =)) . I'd get there about an hour before tip-off to explore the rooms adjacent to CIS which are rich in Duke BB history. Chick-Fil-A and Bullocks regularly serve sandwiches inside CIS and Domino's has improved their stadium pizza. Wide variety of joints to eat after the game, either for a late lunch or early dinner or both. They range from Tyler's Taproom downtown to NeoChina out near the old South Square Mall site. Rue Cler, Four Square, Magnolia Grill and Watt's Grocery are among the fancier restaurants in the area. The Fairview Room at the WaDuke has a 3 course pre-theatre dinner for about $20 and is quite good, too.

We'll be there ...... Section 14 smack on the fifty yard line ..... next to the top row. Just look for the pudgy little grandmother who gets up to dance to "Every Time We Touch." August West just has to deal with it til I sit back down.

And to Deac: We love ya, man, and consider it good luck when you come up to visit us in the nosebleed section, bless your heart!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 9th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

We'll be there ...... Section 14 smack on the fifty yard line ..... next to the top row. Just look for the pudgy little grandmother who gets up to dance to "Every Time We Touch." August West just has to deal with it til I sit back down.

And to Deac: We love ya, man, and consider it good luck when you come up to visit us in the nosebleed section, bless your heart!
Love, Ima
:-*
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 9th, 2010, 10:45 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Love, Ima
Speaking of dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0GmiSMNGI

:banana-dance: :banana-gotpics: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: \:d/ :dance:
Dr. Tina

Post by Dr. Tina » December 9th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Love, Ima

I will be on the look out for you then! I'm always happy to meet Duke fans! I think it's cute that you boogie to the band!

Tina
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 9th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Dr. Tina wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Love, Ima

I will be on the look out for you then! I'm always happy to meet Duke fans! I think it's cute that you boogie to the band!

Tina
I might have to be up at the top of section 14 then pre-game as they usually play the original/Cascada version of "Every Time We Touch." :D