Michigan State Trash Talking....

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Michigan State Trash Talking....

Post by EarlJam » December 2nd, 2010, 12:07 pm

While I agree to an extent, remember, Duke will be improving all year too. Quotes from Mich. State:

"People were saying that Duke can’t be beaten," Michigan State senior point guard Kalin Lucas said. "But if we had played a little better and limited our turnovers, we win the game.”

Twenty Spartan turnovers that led to 28 Duke points.

Power rankings
You can probably guess who's atop Jeff Goodman's power rankings. But what about the rest?
"Yeah, of course they are beatable,” Michigan State’s leader Draymond Green added following the loss. "They are a great team, but we want to see them again – and the next time it’ll be on a neutral court.”

Interesting.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Michigan State Trash Talking....

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » December 2nd, 2010, 12:15 pm

Talk is cheap and big talk is cheaper. :happy-bouncyblue:

Michigan State's players are coping with an inferiority complex fed by a couple of losses early in the season.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » December 2nd, 2010, 12:15 pm

EarlJam wrote:While I agree to an extent, remember, Duke will be improving all year too. Quotes from Mich. State:

"People were saying that Duke can’t be beaten," Michigan State senior point guard Kalin Lucas said. "But if we had played a little better and limited our turnovers, we win the game.”

Power rankings
You can probably guess who's atop Jeff Goodman's power rankings. But what about the rest?
"Yeah, of course they are beatable,” Michigan State’s leader Draymond Green added following the loss. "They are a great team, but we want to see them again – and the next time it’ll be on a neutral court.”

Interesting.

-EarlJam
And if Duke had played a little better and hit a few more free throws the game wouldn't have been close. I just love the 'but-if' game.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 2nd, 2010, 12:25 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:
EarlJam wrote:While I agree to an extent, remember, Duke will be improving all year too. Quotes from Mich. State:

Power rankings

Interesting.

-EarlJam
And if Duke had played a little better and hit a few more free throws the game wouldn't have been close. I just love the 'but-if' game.
And they ain't gonna hit 50+% from 3-land many times, so subtract another 3-6 points and they lose by >10 points.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » December 2nd, 2010, 12:35 pm

Regarding Michigan State's attitude towards the loss, and their quotes above, I revert back to a famous audio e-mail from years ago.....

FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS!

We win. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

:duke:

**==

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 2nd, 2010, 2:47 pm

Bahahaha. Yeah, if you play better and we play worse - you win! That's generally how life works.

Pretty concrete and accurate statement right there.
Class of 2014
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 2nd, 2010, 3:06 pm

And in other news, my dog ate my homework. /:)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 2nd, 2010, 3:17 pm

Power rankings

Interesting.

-EarlJam
So what's the excuse for losing to Kemba Walker and the four nameless Huskies in Hawaii?
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 2nd, 2010, 5:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Power rankings

Interesting.

-EarlJam
So what's the excuse for losing to Kemba Walker and the four nameless Huskies in Hawaii?
See Lavabe's reply above yours. Something about dogs and homework...

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 2nd, 2010, 10:30 pm

On the road to maximum development, Duke is about at level 6.5 on a scale going up to 10.
MSU is about an 8.5. They're about as well off as they are probably gonna get.

Duke shot 71% at the free-throw line last night. This needs to improve and there is room to improve. These guys shoot better than that. Mason needs work at his shot. He doesn't quite get enough height on the arc of the shot. He only needs it a couple more inches up. He's on line...but the shot is a line drive. He should look at the shot Kyle took right after the intentional foul call posession.(10:23 mark 2nd half) Nice form! Even from as far out as he shot it, the rotations were 2.5 from release to through the net. That's a soft spin from that distance! And, exactly what you want.

Even with improvement in quality from MSU, they could have been beaten by much worse than last night.

And for another point of note...not all those turnovers they had were unforced errors. Duke's D created several of them.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » December 3rd, 2010, 1:27 pm

I was at Washington Duke Inn when the boys arrived on Tuesday night. (4 players were using potty mouth language in my opinion that is not appropriate to be using while they are representing their College. )

You would think since they are guests at the Wash Duke... they would be on best behavior, and at least not curse out in public. I dont even use some of that language, in private.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 3rd, 2010, 6:33 pm

Damn wankers! :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » December 3rd, 2010, 6:53 pm

Well, perhaps the Spartans have discovered that trash talking without making more points than Duke ain't gonna win de game!!! Perhaps someone should tell them how much the refs liked them...hence, you can slide across the floor with your legs in the air and the ball in your hand and NOT get called for traveling. That little move caused a bit of consternation in the Upper Crusties deck, for sure.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 3rd, 2010, 7:50 pm

pinkbend wrote:Well, perhaps the Spartans have discovered that trash talking without making more points than Duke ain't gonna win de game!!! Perhaps someone should tell them how much the refs liked them...hence, you can slide across the floor with your legs in the air and the ball in your hand and NOT get called for traveling. That little move caused a bit of consternation in the Upper Crusties deck, for sure.
Believe it or not, the talking heads agreed with that call! Some garbage about him not having possession of the ball. WTF???
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 7th, 2010, 8:54 am

I would LOVE to play Michigan State on a neutral court in the tournament. Afterall, we won the national championship last year having to play two AWAY games. No one in their right minds calls the Baylor or Butler games a "neutral court." We win tourney games on the road, baby. You think a neutral court's gonna break us?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage