LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » November 14th, 2010, 9:20 pm

I finally got to see nephew Sam in a play. He was Friar Tuck in The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. It was very good. Not a great turnout since this was the first fall play the school has done in quite some time.

I am planning on coming back to PA for the Spring musical - Bye, Bye, Birdie!. I've already requested time off during tax season to travel. I just may need to add a day so that I'm here for all performances. I can't wait.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 14th, 2010, 9:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I finally got to see nephew Sam in a play. He was Friar Tuck in The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. It was very good. Not a great turnout since this was the first fall play the school has done in quite some time.

I am planning on coming back to PA for the Spring musical - Bye, Bye, Birdie!. I've already requested time off during tax season to travel. I just may need to add a day so that I'm here for all performances. I can't wait.
Glad to hear that your nephew's play went well! :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 14th, 2010, 9:49 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I finally got to see nephew Sam in a play. He was Friar Tuck in The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. It was very good. Not a great turnout since this was the first fall play the school has done in quite some time.

Glad you had a good time. Go Sam! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Pushing the limits?

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 14th, 2010, 9:58 pm

My latest, and perhaps my last (?) post on DBR.
OZZIE4DUKE;446423 wrote: I think I'm going to call Coach Cut and offer to call a few plays week after next for the carolina game. Come to practice that week to know what's in the play book, sit upstairs with the OC, then at the appropriate times whisper in his ear - "throw a post to Vernon", or "tackle eligible, end around triple reverse option pass". OK, that might be a little much, but it could make things interesting and would certainly be fun and make things less predictable for the defense. Let me call 4 to 6 plays in the game.
Call Coach Cutcliffe? Yeah, how about you don.t
To the brave soul who gave me the anonymous negative comment/review - can't you take a friggin joke? Don't you know a joke when you see one? Sheesh. To the mods: I still hate this system, in this or any other thread. If you don't like that, I'll take my ball and go home.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Pushing the limits?

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2010, 10:01 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:My latest, and perhaps my last (?) post on DBR.
OZZIE4DUKE;446423 wrote: I think I'm going to call Coach Cut and offer to call a few plays week after next for the carolina game. Come to practice that week to know what's in the play book, sit upstairs with the OC, then at the appropriate times whisper in his ear - "throw a post to Vernon", or "tackle eligible, end around triple reverse option pass". OK, that might be a little much, but it could make things interesting and would certainly be fun and make things less predictable for the defense. Let me call 4 to 6 plays in the game.
To the brave soul who gave me the anonymous negative comment/review - can't you take a friggin joke? Don't you know a joke when you see one? Sheesh. To the mods: I still hate this system, in this or any other thread. If you don't like that, I'll take my ball and go home.
More infraction points coming?

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 14th, 2010, 10:03 pm

:spork: :spork: :spork:

A lot of people OY take themselves entirely too seriously.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2010, 10:03 pm

The funniest thing about this was one of the mods got a negative anonymous comment today or yesterday and kinda went ballistic about it. Funny as hell.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 14th, 2010, 10:11 pm

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: So glad Sam did well and you were there.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 14th, 2010, 11:07 pm

devildeac wrote:
The funniest thing about this was one of the mods got a negative anonymous comment today or yesterday and kinda went ballistic about it. Funny as hell.
Really? Who? In which thread?

My post was taken down, but not before a couple of highly pitchforked individuals gave me positive comments on my post, enough to push me over well 200 quality points and up to 3 pitch forks! Whoo-pee shit! My eternal thanks to CB&B and Bob Green! No negative repercussions yet... Time will tell.

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 15th, 2010, 7:37 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
:spork: :spork: :spork:

A lot of people OY take themselves entirely too seriously.
Countdown to the drive-by begins NOW... :D #-o :-w
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » November 15th, 2010, 7:49 am

Noticed last night on my way to the b-ballgame. The outfield fence has been installed at the baseball field. I imagine this was done on a rush basis to keep Ozzie and DD from tracking mud onto the new turf. ;) AW. :happy-bouncyblue:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 15th, 2010, 7:53 am

August West wrote:Noticed last night on my way to the b-ballgame. The outfield fence has been installed at the baseball field. I imagine this was done on a rush basis to keep Ozzie and DD from tracking mud onto the new turf. ;) AW. :happy-bouncyblue:

Our guests last PM enjoyed that story and CB&B's comment.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2010, 7:55 am

August West wrote:Noticed last night on my way to the b-ballgame. The outfield fence has been installed at the baseball field. I imagine this was done on a rush basis to keep Ozzie and DD from tracking mud onto the new turf. ;) AW. :happy-bouncyblue:

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 15th, 2010, 8:26 am

=)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 15th, 2010, 8:33 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
=)) =))
Yup, noticed the fence too, darn it! :((

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 15th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Today I am reminding myself of all the reason I need a job (food/housing/utilities) and trying to resist the urge to tell people what I really think.

Idiots and morons and fools....oh my.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 15th, 2010, 2:27 pm

windsor wrote:Today I am reminding myself of all the reason I need a job (food/housing/utilities) and trying to resist the urge to tell people what I really think.

Send them to this doctor:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 15th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Lavabe wrote:
windsor wrote:Today I am reminding myself of all the reason I need a job (food/housing/utilities) and trying to resist the urge to tell people what I really think.

Send them to this doctor:

I'd rather send them to Dr Kevorkian :D :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 15th, 2010, 7:31 pm

devildeac wrote: The funniest thing about this was one of the mods got a negative anonymous comment today or yesterday and kinda went ballistic about it. Funny as hell.

They went off the deep end publicly?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2010, 10:02 pm

THE GAME is on ESPNClassics right now.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith