Student lack of attendance at today's football game

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Student lack of attendance at today's football game

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 9th, 2010, 8:00 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Hear hear! Go get em, tiger! I'll let you get the ball rolling, let me know how I can help. I haven't had time to call White or Brodhead as I said I was going to do OY. Prolly won't tomorrow, either.
Sent the email tonight to as many addresses as I could find. Hopefully a couple will take the time to read, hopefully I won't wind up in spam folders. If anyone else the time, email and/or call as well..this isn't about the cancellation of tailgate, it's about getting students back in the seats.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 10th, 2010, 9:27 am

Here's an article from my neighbor in the N&O on the cancellation of the debauchery.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/11/10/ ... l-the.html
-- DukeUsul
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 10th, 2010, 9:48 am

Thanks for posting that. Looks like he did a good job of sticking to "just the facts, Mam."
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » November 10th, 2010, 10:58 am

Sorry I never responded to you, DukeUsul. I meant to tell you that I didn't want to take that interview without talking to the University first. My Chemistry midterm distracted me though.

However, someone in the Office of Student Affairs contacted me this morning to tell me that they strongly encourage students to speak with the media if we feel strongly about our beliefs. So if your friend ever needs to run another article on tailgate, I would love to contribute.
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 10th, 2010, 12:18 pm

I got the following email from Boo Corrigan.
Chris,

Kevin White forwarded me your email regarding student attendance at Duke football.

Please know we spend a significant amount of time, money and energy trying to get our students to attend games. With the proliferation of social media, studying, other social events, we are constantly looking for new ways to reach the students now and will continue to do so moving forward.

Thanks for your continued interest in Duke football and please let me know if you have any questions or wish to speak in person. My office number is listed below.

Be well

Boo

Eugene F. Corrigan, Jr.
Senior Associate Director of Athletics
Duke University
Nothing earth shattering, but at least they are listening. I wrote back a thank you note, and encouraged him to come out to our tent and listen to some ideas from both us regular tailgaters and students that will hopefully be there. I also included the thought that while I appreciate the money and time they have been spending, it hasn't been very effective in it's return.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 10th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Rolvix wrote:Sorry I never responded to you, DukeUsul. I meant to tell you that I didn't want to take that interview without talking to the University first. My Chemistry midterm distracted me though.

However, someone in the Office of Student Affairs contacted me this morning to tell me that they strongly encourage students to speak with the media if we feel strongly about our beliefs. So if your friend ever needs to run another article on tailgate, I would love to contribute.
Hope the chemistry midterm went well! :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein