Prayers for Miss Fran

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Prayers for Miss Fran

Post by CathyCA » October 25th, 2010, 7:49 am

Many of you who attend Brunchgates with us have met my mom's best friend, Fran McMillan. I'm short on details here, but I've just learned that Miss Fran's son, Mack, died overnight. Mack had knee surgery last week, and he was diabetic. I'm not sure what happened. I'll get details later.

Please say a prayer for Miss Fran as she mourns the loss of her dear son, Mack McMillan.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Prayers for Miss Fran

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 25th, 2010, 8:42 am

Prayers, condolences and vibes to Miss Fran and her family and friends on the untimely loss of Mack.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2010, 9:15 am

CathyCA wrote:Many of you who attend Brunchgates with us have met my mom's best friend, Fran McMillan. I'm short on details here, but I've just learned that Miss Fran's son, Mack, died overnight. Mack had knee surgery last week, and he was diabetic. I'm not sure what happened. I'll get details later.

Please say a prayer for Miss Fran as she mourns the loss of her dear son, Mack McMillan.
Done. Sorry to hear this.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 25th, 2010, 10:05 am

The passing of a loved one is always sad, but especially so when a parent loses a child. Miss Fran's now on my prayer list.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 10:08 am

Oh, no! So sorry to hear this. Prayers for Miss Fran and the family as they cope with this tragedy.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 25th, 2010, 11:48 am

Prayers for Miss Fran and all the family and friends of Mack. Parents should not bury their children. It goes against the natural order of things.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 26th, 2010, 12:32 am

Sounds like a terribly tragic set of circumstances. My thoughts and vibes to Miss Fran and her friends & family. :wizard:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 26th, 2010, 6:09 am

I am so sorry to hear this. I'm keeping Miss Fran and family in my prayers and sending good thoughts to those who love her.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 26th, 2010, 11:31 am

Oh this must be really hard for Miss Fran. I'm hoping she has other children to help her through this. Your mom's close friendship will be such a blessing, not to mention the devotion you show them both. Please pass along our care and condolences. and hugs, of course! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Love,, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 26th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Tons of vibes to her, she is a wonderful lady and I hate to think about how she must be feeling.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 26th, 2010, 3:03 pm

I spoke with Miss Fran today. She is devastated, but she's trying to hold it together for Mack's wife, Paige, and their two children, Duncan (a junior at Campbell) and Hannah (a freshman at UNC). When I told her that I had been in touch with my mom in South America to tell her about Mack, Miss Fran sobbed. She appreciates all of the prayers of the CTN group, too. She loves you all so much.

Mack's funeral service is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 28 at First United Methodist Church in Rocky Mount. They are encouraging us to get there 2 hours early and to utilize a shuttle service to the church because of the large crowd they're anticipating. That's what happens when you die young: all of your friends are still around to attend your funeral. Mack had no shortage of friends. He was truly one of the good guys.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » October 26th, 2010, 3:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Tons of vibes to her, she is a wonderful lady and I hate to think about how she must be feeling.
Very sorry to hear about this. Most definitely am sending out prayers and vibes.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 26th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Many condolences. Sad to hear.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 26th, 2010, 9:03 pm

I'm so sorry for Miss Fran and her family. My prayers and thoughts to her and the family. God bless.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 28th, 2010, 9:32 pm

The funeral was lovely, as far as funerals go. We learned that Mack was a complete organ donor. Paige (Mack's wife) told me that they called her from the hospital as she was getting home from the E.R. after Mack's death, and they asked if he could donate. He had indicated on his drivers license that he was a donor, and she agreed to honor his wishes. They were able to harvest all of his organs, including his heart, and hundreds of people are living better lives now because of Mack's gift. The only bone they couldn't use was his femur because the femoral artery is where the clot blew.

It was nice to have a moment of joy in the midst of all of the incredible sadness we were feeling.

Miss Fran was holding up well. She's being so strong for her grandchildren. My heart hurts for them.

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 28th, 2010, 9:42 pm

He must have been a wonderful person to donate his body. At Duke, my last job was working with people waiting for transplants. It's so wonderful to see people have a chance for a longer life. I know Miss Fran is very proud of her son. God Bless her and his family. :ymhug:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 29th, 2010, 12:30 pm

Cathy, please relay my condolences to Miss Fran. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.
I worship the Blue Devil!
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » October 29th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:...It's so wonderful to see people have a chance for a longer life. I know Miss Fran is very proud of her son. God Bless her and his family. :ymhug:
Amen to that. This is nothing short of extraordinary in every sense of the word. As Cathy mentioned (paraphrase), "so great to see something wonderful in the midst of all the sadness."

Unlimited Blessings to Miss Fran and her family, and here's to an amazing son.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.