Virginia Tech

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Virginia Tech

Post by Lavabe » October 23rd, 2010, 10:13 pm

devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:At least the Blue Devils won an 85-52 football shootout:
http://www.lex18.com/news/vinny-miller- ... ouchdowns/
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :ymdevil:
The article says 85-25. :think:

That's still a helluva lotta points.
The headline had it wrong. But if you notice just above it, it says that the point total was the 3rd or 4th greatest in state history, 85-52.

Also, LL reported it as 85-52.
:-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 23rd, 2010, 10:17 pm

devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:That was pathetic, folks.
What were you expecting? :wizard:

I guess they figured out our screen pass offense. :ymtongue:
Certainly not pathetic.
Why wouldn't you expect pathetic?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 23rd, 2010, 10:20 pm

I didn't expect shell-shocked, but that's how we've looked ever since Alabama. It's like we have PTSD or something.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 23rd, 2010, 10:36 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote: What were you expecting? :wizard:

I guess they figured out our screen pass offense. :ymtongue:
Certainly not pathetic.
Why wouldn't you expect pathetic?
In the 3rd year of the reign of Cutcliffe, our improved OL and running game, an improving D, quality receivers and 7 games into the season against an acc that doesn't feature several teams ranked relatively highly as it has so often in the past, I expect improvement. Especially against a team that lost to JMU. I don't expect losses to Army and Wake. I don't expect 7 TO in a game. However, my expectations are changing. :(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 24th, 2010, 12:55 am

I am so over Football for this season. I watched the Duke Va Tech game. It was hard to do that. Cut was so pissed. He probably wished he had taken that Tenn job. He looked livid on TV. Duke looks like a JV team. The coaches certainly know what they are doing. Are the kids just not as capable as others? I know Duke players are alot smaller than the other teams. But I was expecting a Win over Wake Forest and Army.

Navy beat Notre Dame today. Watched pieces of that game. Even Elon lost to Woffard, but Woffard scored a last second Touchdown and Elon came back, but ran out of time. Woffard is ranked #9, I believe.

Do we stand a chance againest Virginia? Carolina did loose today to Miami, and some of the injured players did not return to the game, I heard that on Post game radio show.

At least, the Duke mens exhibition game was successful. I enjoyed that. Thank goodness, its Basketball season.

I still have faith in Coach Cut and staff. And would have been happy with 4 wins this season. I did not want to go backwards, again.

What is the problem ??? Our size? Speed? Our kids are smart. No mental toughness? Any clues? Any thoughts??
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » October 24th, 2010, 3:02 pm

DevilWearsPrada wrote:What is the problem ??? Our size? Speed? Our kids are smart. No mental toughness? Any clues? Any thoughts??
For starters, the running game still isn't close to where it needs to be. While we are significantly better than last season, when we finished 120 in FBS in rushing yards, our opponents defense still doesn't have to respect our running game and can focus on pass defense every play. This season we haven't had the success with the short passes, specifically wide receiver screens, like we did last year. It seems to me, defenses are keying on that play. With an improving offensive line and Desmond Scott and Josh Snead gaining experience, I expect the running game will continue to improve.

Stepping back and taking a look from the big picture perspective, this season is demonstrating just how good Thad Lewis was and how tough it is to be a young QB. Sen Renfree brings a lot of skill onto the field and, according to statements from Coach Cutcliffe, is a really smart guy. Coach Cutcliffe stated watching film with Renfree is like watching film with another coach. Unfortunately, Renfree has really made a lot of mistakes this season. IMO, the Alabama game zapped his confidence and he has yet to recover. Of course, the dropped passes by wide receivers hasn't helped the situation.

As I stated over on DBR, I see four winnable games left on the schedule: Navy, Virginia, BC and Carolina. We need to get it in gear this week in Annapolis. Simply stated, Navy is good but they are not that good. We can beat the Middies, but (broken record time) we cannot turn the football over and we have to establish a running game to setup the pass, and then the wide receivers need to catch the ball.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 25th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Photos from gameday..including cheerleader shots.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2010, 1:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Photos from gameday..including cheerleader shots.
Linky?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 25th, 2010, 1:35 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Photos from gameday..including cheerleader shots.
Linky?
oops..lol.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... 0893144629
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.