LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » October 13th, 2010, 6:54 am

DevilAlumna wrote: Mr. DA had his debit card # hacked (guessed?) and it was also used to purchase an AARP membership. What I find funny is that AARP refunded the charge, but he still gets the monthly magazine!

If you have any issues with MSFT, PM me here or via FB.
Thanks.

I get to deal with them today.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2010, 8:30 am

Here's a story about my younger sister that was on the local news in Little Rock last night:
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/sto ... 49&catid=2
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 13th, 2010, 8:50 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Here's a story about my younger sister that was on the local news in Little Rock last night:
Which one is your sister?

I watched the slide show that the Garrisons had put together. I'm still sobbing.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2010, 8:55 am

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Here's a story about my younger sister that was on the local news in Little Rock last night:

I watched the slide show that the Garrisons had put together. I'm still sobbing.
Regina Binz (the one that started Holy Sews) is my sister. She's the main person that speaks in the interview. I should've warned to have kleexes handy. I believe that the Garrisons may be the first people touched by Holy Sews that became involved in the group. Their slide show made me cry, too.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 13th, 2010, 9:49 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Regina Binz (the one that started Holy Sews) is my sister. She's the main person that speaks in the interview. I should've warned to have kleexes handy. I believe that the Garrisons may be the first people touched by Holy Sews that became involved in the group. Their slide show made me cry, too.
Wow! Your sister is amazing. She is such a strong woman. (And she's expecting, too! YAY!)

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 13th, 2010, 11:10 am

Thanks for posting this. I probably shouldn't have read it at the office :((

Your sister is an amazing woman! :pray: for her upcoming baby! When is she due?
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 13th, 2010, 1:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Someone got hold of my Amex number in the early summer and tried to buy a TV in a Radio Shack somewhere in California, and Amex caught it. They had already posted like a $2 charge to my account at 7-Eleven or somewhere, that Amex didn't catch right off the bat. I have to say they fixed the problem pretty quickly, and though it was a pain not have a card for a week while they sent me a new one, I appreciated not paying for someone else's TV.

A couple of years ago I was buying a new TV and my parents decided they also wanted a new one for the basement (good timing as their big screen crapped out about a month later). Since we were getting two of them I went back and forth between two stores, playing them off against each other to get the best deal that I possibly could. I ended up getting each of them for $5 over store cost (one store showed me their purchase list to prove what they paid for them) so, at that point, we decided to go ahead and buy them. My parent's credit card doubles (or significantly increases) the warranty on any item purchased on the card at no cost so we decided that I would give them the cash and they would put both TVs on their card so that both would benefit from the extended warranty. My Dad and I headed over to the store and proceeded to buy the two TVs. When we got back to my parent's place my Mom told us that, while we were at the store, Visa's security department had called them to inquire about a suspicious purchase. When they told her that someone was trying to buy two TVs on their card she just laughed and told them it was fine - it was her husband and son who were making the purchase. The guy explained that thieves will normally buy big ticket items on stolen cards and the fact that two TVs were being bought had really set off alarm bells. The funniest thing is that my Dad and I didn't experience any delay during the purchase and thought it had all gone smoothly despite the fact that they had actually been contacting my Mom at the time. I'm also kind of surprised that they knew which items were being purchased as I thought they would only see the total purchase price. Nice to know that their security is that good.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 13th, 2010, 9:34 pm

I teared up hearing your sisters and others stories.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 13th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this. My older daughter works in the cord blood program at Duke. She's got a ring side seat to what is either the happiest place in the world or the very saddest. It's either one or the other every day. There's no in-between.

This is a beautiful purpose your sister has found for her life. Please tell her we are grateful for her and her organization. Keep us posted on the new little one. We want to hear all about it when he/she gets here.

Love, love, love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Thanks, All! I'm pretty proud of her. It's an amazing ministry. My new niece is due in late Feb or early March, depending on when the c- section is scheduled. Definitely keep the prayers and vibes coming; my sister has had a rough time with the pregnancy. She has MS, which makes things especially tough.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 13th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Had an AmEx card issued by AmEx and an AmEx card issued by a bank compromised this summer. I caught both of them the day after, the first bought a bunch of stuff in London, the second some stuff at a bait and tackle shop in San Diego. I think the bait and tackle shop was a fraudulent merchant code as the address showed a non-descript 3 story office building in San Diego. Honestly, the merchant's in the London case probably didn't even look at the counterfeit card. The very first charge I can understand going through. They bought some food at McDonald's, probably just to make sure the card worked. I think the other charges were at Harrod's, but I don't remember exactly.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 13th, 2010, 11:02 pm

TailgateChatMed.jpg
:D :duke:

Sorry Ozzie...I removed your "F".
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 13th, 2010, 11:32 pm

CB&B, I continue to be in awe of your talent.

WOW.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 13th, 2010, 11:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TailgateChatMed.jpg

Wow is right! :happy-bouncyblue: And I *orgive you. :D :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 13th, 2010, 11:44 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TailgateChatMed.jpg

Wow is right! :happy-bouncyblue: And I *orgive you. :D :9f:
=)) =))
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 14th, 2010, 5:38 am

But, why?
Great job, BTW. :ymapplause:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 14th, 2010, 8:05 am

captmojo wrote:
But, why?
Because 99% of the people looking at the painting would assume I screwed something up.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » October 14th, 2010, 8:27 am

captmojo wrote:
But, why?
Because 99% of the people looking at the painting would assume I screwed something up.
I guess I must be a 1%'er .
Another great job. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: AW
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 14th, 2010, 9:14 am

Well, 2 outta 3 ain't bad...

:)) =))

(who's that goofball with the visor?)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 14th, 2010, 11:09 am

Today would have been my mother's 85th birthday. I just want to say "Hey, Lady, I still miss you every day."

Please hug your mothers or give them a call in honor of Shirley's birthday. You could also eat a few Hershey Kisses in her memory.
Life is good!