Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » October 12th, 2010, 12:04 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:My bank account got hacked over the weekend. Stupid people purchased an AARP membership, bought some stuff at a store in Illinois, and made a payment to Microsoft and to Google.

Fortunately, I caught the unauthorized charges.

Unfortunately, I've had to cancel my debit card and it will take a week for the new card to get here.

Seriously? AARP?
Similar thing happened to our son this summer. His First Citizens account was hacked for $900+ by Capital One and then again a week or two later by the same thieves and/or idiots. He also had to cancel his account/card. He did get the money re-deposited.
I've spoken with AARP and they've already authorized a refund of the charges. The lady at AARP told me that the hackers had listed my birthday as 5/20/82, and that was the huge clue to the AARP that it was a fraudulent charge. Why would a 28 year old be joining AARP?

Tomorrow I get to contact Google, Microsoft and that store in Illinois.
Someone got hold of my Amex number in the early summer and tried to buy a TV in a Radio Shack somewhere in California, and Amex caught it. They had already posted like a $2 charge to my account at 7-Eleven or somewhere, that Amex didn't catch right off the bat. I have to say they fixed the problem pretty quickly, and though it was a pain not have a card for a week while they sent me a new one, I appreciated not paying for someone else's TV.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2010, 12:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:My bank account got hacked over the weekend. Stupid people purchased an AARP membership, bought some stuff at a store in Illinois, and made a payment to Microsoft and to Google.

Unfortunately, I've had to cancel my debit card and it will take a week for the new card to get here.

Seriously? AARP?
Similar thing happened to our son this summer. His First Citizens account was hacked for $900+ by Capital One and then again a week or two later by the same thieves and/or idiots. He also had to cancel his account/card. He did get the money re-deposited.
I've spoken with AARP and they've already authorized a refund of the charges. The lady at AARP told me that the hackers had listed my birthday as 5/20/82, and that was the huge clue to the AARP that it was a fraudulent charge. Why would a 28 year old be joining AARP?

My wife looks at both our credit card charges almost daily. Even I couldn't "get away" with anything. Not that I'm trying either. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 12th, 2010, 12:37 pm

devildeac wrote: My wife looks at both our credit card charges almost daily. Even I couldn't "get away" with anything. Not that I'm trying either. :)) =))
I do too. My wife has no hope of hiding a big gift for me unless she takes out a huge wad of cash. Which I'd probably end up asking her about anyway.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 12th, 2010, 1:22 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
devildeac wrote: My wife looks at both our credit card charges almost daily. Even I couldn't "get away" with anything. Not that I'm trying either. :)) =))
I do too. My wife has no hope of hiding a big gift for me unless she takes out a huge wad of cash. Which I'd probably end up asking her about anyway.
Wives, here's how to save up money so your hubby doesn't know it's leaving the checkbook:

Every time you go to the grocery store and the key pad (formerly, the cashier) asks if you want cash back, you respond with "yes," and take out $25.00. The grocery bill doesn't look too terribly out of line, and you're putting away some cash for a rainy day.

It's problematic if hubby reviews the grocery receipts. Otherwise, no problem.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 12th, 2010, 1:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
Wives, here's how to save up money so your hubby doesn't know it's leaving the checkbook:

Every time you go to the grocery store and the key pad (formerly, the cashier) asks if you want cash back, you respond with "yes," and take out $25.00. The grocery bill doesn't look too terribly out of line, and you're putting away some cash for a rainy day.

If the hubby is reviewing the grocery receipts, you may have bigger issues.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2010, 2:02 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:

Great idea for the guys, too. Right, Cathy?

:)) =))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 12th, 2010, 2:37 pm

devildeac wrote: Great idea for the guys, too. Right, Cathy?

:)) =))
I don't know. ExLax had no idea where the grocery store was located.

It might work for guys, too.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Happy thoughts. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2010, 4:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Happy thoughts. :D
OK:

Shiny happy people laughing
Meet me in the crowd
People people
Throw your love around
Love me love me
Take it into town
Happy happy
Put it in the ground
Where the flowers grow
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands

Everyone around love them, love them
Put it in your hands
Take it take it
There's no time to cry
Happy happy
Put it in your heart
Where tomorrow shines
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands

;) :D
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 12th, 2010, 4:26 pm

DBR is nothing more than a Good Ole Boys forum............... Feel like I was stalked over there, and bashed by JE.

Anyday there is a scandal at Tarhole country.........the better. Waiting on more from Tutorgate. And speculations that might have happened in other Revenue sports at Unc also.

Tutors are great. I was a tutor in high school and college. But I never wrote someones paper. Mainly, I tutored Math. Most students just need a little one on one time. Or perhaps they just have a phobia about a subject. I took a D student in Algebra at mid semester, and then finished with a B. Basically, had to start the whole course over in tutor sessions. But they passed!!

Just wanting to vent a little, because I have read DBR for 10 years, and the forums.............and they have gone to Heck. I am having to get use to a new website and forum here. Thanks for letting us vent about the WANKERS over there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2010, 4:30 pm

DevilWearsPrada wrote: I am having to get use to a new website and forum here.
We're easy to get used to. :D
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 12th, 2010, 4:51 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I'm glad you didn't just go with "We're easy". ;)
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 12th, 2010, 4:54 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I'm glad you didn't just go with "We're easy". ;)
Well some of us are easy? Others are whores of a sort. Noticing a theme?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DevilWearsPrada

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 12th, 2010, 6:10 pm

GREAT! I can handle the Easy and other sorts. Those DBR mods.......... hard core puss puss meow :twocents:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 12th, 2010, 6:47 pm

DevilWearsPrada wrote:GREAT! I can handle the Easy and other sorts. Those DBR mods.......... hard core puss puss meow :twocents:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 12th, 2010, 6:48 pm

Lavabe wrote:Image
Whoops... wrong thread! ;) :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DevilWearsPrada

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 12th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Love that cutie Brad Pitt. :ymparty: :-BD Made me giggle!!! Thanks.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Lavabe is sweeping. :ymapplause:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 12th, 2010, 9:08 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Lavabe is sweeping. :ymapplause:
Another burial.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 13th, 2010, 12:08 am

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Seriously? AARP?

Mr. DA had his debit card # hacked (guessed?) and it was also used to purchase an AARP membership. What I find funny is that AARP refunded the charge, but he still gets the monthly magazine!

If you have any issues with MSFT, PM me here or via FB.