Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Exercise!

Post by Lavabe » October 7th, 2010, 8:38 am

Doing one 1 daily hour walk with the Wonderdog again.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 7th, 2010, 11:58 am

So my Amazon box came, and it's...the wrong thing. A Lifesource Wireless Activity Monitor. It clips on the shoe and basically acts as a pedometer, although there's a free month of something called ActiHealth.

:swear:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 7th, 2010, 12:08 pm

I did my Curves thing again last night and it was awesome!! I didn't feel beat to death this time and can already feel the results when I walk. I feel soooo much better. I must not allow myself to be a lazy slug ever again. This is even better than being drunk :D
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 7th, 2010, 12:08 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:So my Amazon box came, and it's...the wrong thing. A Lifesource Wireless Activity Monitor. It clips on the shoe and basically acts as a pedometer, although there's a free month of something called ActiHealth.

Damnit :(
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 7th, 2010, 12:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: You may get to check mine out too! (Still waffling - won't get to do the entire trip I planned; would just be flying in for the game.)

OOOOH! I sure hope you make it! Can't wait to meet you in person :)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 7th, 2010, 12:10 pm

DukePA wrote:I did my Curves thing again last night and it was awesome!! I didn't feel beat to death this time and can already feel the results when I walk. I feel soooo much better. I must not allow myself to be a lazy slug ever again. This is even better than being drunk :D
Keep it up! ^:)^
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 7th, 2010, 12:11 pm

DukePA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: You may get to check mine out too! (Still waffling - won't get to do the entire trip I planned; would just be flying in for the game.)

Why? You already met me! You mean you never wondered why AD and I were never on at the same time? =)) =))
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 7th, 2010, 12:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukePA wrote:I did my Curves thing again last night and it was awesome!! I didn't feel beat to death this time and can already feel the results when I walk. I feel soooo much better. I must not allow myself to be a lazy slug ever again. This is even better than being drunk :D
Keep it up! ^:)^
I will. I promise. Thanks for the support!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 7th, 2010, 12:13 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukePA wrote:

Why? You already met me! You mean you never wondered why AD and I were never on at the same time? =)) =))
Oh shit! I forgot about that! I seem to remember making that observation in Section 21 when you two kept jinxing each other :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 8th, 2010, 1:05 am

lawgrad91 wrote:So my Amazon box came, and it's...the wrong thing. A Lifesource Wireless Activity Monitor. It clips on the shoe and basically acts as a pedometer, although there's a free month of something called ActiHealth.

AARGH!!!!!!! Buy it through the Philips website. They'll send you the right thing.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 8th, 2010, 1:08 am

I woke up insanely early this morning. Since I knew it was going to be a crazy day, I exercised this morning - a 40 min Cardio Dance workout. That, along with the walking I did today, maxed out my ActiveLife monitor for the first time ever - at 154% of my target exercise calories for the day! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 8th, 2010, 10:27 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I woke up insanely early this morning. Since I knew it was going to be a crazy day, I exercised this morning - a 40 min Cardio Dance workout. That, along with the walking I did today, maxed out my ActiveLife monitor for the first time ever - at 154% of my target exercise calories for the day! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Go AD!!!!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 9th, 2010, 2:41 pm

AD, you rule!

We are in Charlotte for weekend 2 of B's class on curriculum or something like that.

I went to the fitness center last night (35 minutes elliptical, 35 min bike) and did another 35 on the elliptical this morning.

Back to my gym tomorrow. It is time to lose! (Weight, that is!)
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

I got in my 3 Curves workouts for the week and am shocked at how much better I already feel. I haven't touched the scales since I signed back up and really don't care. I've been keeping my food intake to around 1100/day and feeling great!! I finally did my 09 taxes today and let myself off the hook, but am considering a bike ride tomorrow morning.

Go us! GO DUKE!!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 9th, 2010, 9:17 pm

DukePA wrote: I haven't touched the scales since I signed back up and really don't care.
Continue not to care about what the scales show.
They are lying bastards. They don't matter until you've been at it for several weeks.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 10th, 2010, 1:52 am

DukePA wrote:I got in my 3 Curves workouts for the week and am shocked at how much better I already feel. I haven't touched the scales since I signed back up and really don't care. I've been keeping my food intake to around 1100/day and feeling great!! I finally did my 09 taxes today and let myself off the hook, but am considering a bike ride tomorrow morning.

Go us! GO DUKE!!

Glad to hear this!
Life is good!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 10th, 2010, 12:56 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukePA wrote:I got in my 3 Curves workouts for the week and am shocked at how much better I already feel. I haven't touched the scales since I signed back up and really don't care. I've been keeping my food intake to around 1100/day and feeling great!! I finally did my 09 taxes today and let myself off the hook, but am considering a bike ride tomorrow morning.

Go us! GO DUKE!!

Glad to hear this!
LOL, DinK! I thought about calling you, but decided it would not be cool to saddle you with my procrastination. I used TurboTax and it worked just fine.
I think I'll reward myself with a bike ride today :happy-bouncyblue:
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 12th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Everybody congrats on their exercise program!!! It is probably one of the last things I want to do. But I am going to the fitness center 3 times a week, and doing cardio (treadmill and bike). Generally do anywhere between 45-60 minutes each visit. 30-40 on treadmill, and 15-20 on bike. Depends how much burn I have after the treadmill. I have been increasing my speed each week, and incline about every other week. But I now have my heartrate at the 80%. Which is better than the 65% I started with.

After having serious car wreck (drunk driver hit me head on collision), I just do what I can, until I have pushed myself without pain. The bike really helps the knees. Reading is a good pass time on the bike.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 12th, 2010, 8:05 pm

DevilWearsPrada wrote:Everybody congrats on their exercise program!!! It is probably one of the last things I want to do. But I am going to the fitness center 3 times a week, and doing cardio (treadmill and bike). Generally do anywhere between 45-60 minutes each visit. 30-40 on treadmill, and 15-20 on bike. Depends how much burn I have after the treadmill. I have been increasing my speed each week, and incline about every other week. But I now have my heartrate at the 80%. Which is better than the 65% I started with.

After having serious car wreck (drunk driver hit me head on collision), I just do what I can, until I have pushed myself without pain. The bike really helps the knees. Reading is a good pass time on the bike.
Good for you! Keep up the good progress. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

I did 25 minutes worth of Cardio Workout, followed by 15 minutes of flexibility on My Fitness Coach. The Fitness Coach was harder because it involved floor exercises and every time I got on the floor, I got a faceful of :O3 .
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 15th, 2010, 10:48 pm

I've been a bit of a slug this week due to the whole vacation thing. Got back into the groove tonight with a bunch of random Wii Fit activities, Wii tennis, and Cardio Workout. The whole morning workout thing went so well last time I tried it that I want to try getting into the groove with that tomorrow. It's amazing how much better the day goes when I start out with exercising. As DukePA has said, I can tell a huge difference in the way I feel when I exercise. Hopefully it will start reflecting in weight loss soon. As I have said before, it may be time to join lawgrad in Weight Watchers. It has worked for me before, and I imagine it would work even better with my current exercise regimen.
-- Albert Einstein