John Feinstein is an idiot.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

John Feinstein is an idiot.

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2010, 11:56 am

I hate when people continue to assume that Duke football is just being "Duke football" again. Everyone knew that this would be a rebuilding year, we don't have the experience that last years squad of seniors was able to use to be as successful. But we are showing improvements, and while we still (thankfully) have many games left year, next year we are going to be a team to be reckoned with.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/8405926/
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: John Feinstein is an idiot.

Post by Bob Green » October 6th, 2010, 12:19 pm

The defense is improving week to week evidenced by total yards and points yielded trending down the last two weeks. Duke can and will win in the ACC. After years of ineptitude, the only way to shut up Feinstein and his ilk is by winning. We will win in a couple more years. Everyone must keep the faith.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 6th, 2010, 12:21 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I hate when people continue to assume that Duke football is just being "Duke football" again. Everyone knew that this would be a rebuilding year, we don't have the experience that last years squad of seniors was able to use to be as successful. But we are showing improvements, and while we still (thankfully) have many games left year, next year we are going to be a team to be reckoned with.

Surely you aren't just figuring this out now, are you? ;)
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 6th, 2010, 1:45 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I hate when people continue to assume that Duke football is just being "Duke football" again. Everyone knew that this would be a rebuilding year, we don't have the experience that last years squad of seniors was able to use to be as successful. But we are showing improvements, and while we still (thankfully) have many games left year, next year we are going to be a team to be reckoned with.

I was thinking what DinK said when I saw this title.

Of course this is the same guy who got suspended from his Navy football gig for cursing on-air in frustration when Navy lost to his alma mater. It's a pity he's such an asshole; some of his books are interesting.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 6th, 2010, 1:56 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Of course this is the same guy who got suspended from his Navy football gig for cursing on-air in frustration when Navy lost to his alma mater. It's a pity he's such an asshole; some of his books are interesting.
Agreed with both of the above.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 6th, 2010, 3:07 pm

I haven't made it through one of his books yet. His poor grammar and sentence structure drives me nuts. I sometimes wonder how he got through Duke, bless his heart. /:)
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 6th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I haven't made it through one of his books yet. His poor grammar and sentence structure drives me nuts. I sometimes wonder how he got through Duke, bless his heart. /:)
Love, Ima
Maybe a little off topic, but I hope my scatterbrained scratchings reach the seal of approval from Ima. :happy-bouncyblue: I sometimes wonder how I continue to find my way home, day after day. :twitch: Bless my pea-pickin' heart!
Meanwhile, Feinstein has the great ability to sound facetious at the drop of a vowel. If he thinks such a proposal as the 'SAT' league could work, he could really find some foolish enough folks to join his parade. I'd bet it would be very prosperous. 8-| What a blowhard! :o)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 13th, 2010, 1:17 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

He has a very cute brother. :ymblushing:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 8th, 2010, 12:09 pm

[/quote]He has a very cute brother. :ymblushing:[/quote]

He doesn't get points for that :naughty:
Love, Ima
PS I tried reading one of his books once. His writing ability is on about an eighth grade level, bless his heart.
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 14th, 2010, 8:12 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
He has a very cute brother. :ymblushing:[/quote]

He doesn't get points for that :naughty:
Love, Ima
PS I tried reading one of his books once. His writing ability is on about an eighth grade level, bless his heart.[/quote]

I still think his brother is (was back in the day) cute. :ymblushing:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith