Beach Ogling...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

BELOW what age does adult male beach/pool ogling become sick and depraved?

15%
38%
23%
8%
8%
No votes
If there's grass on the field, let's play ball!
8%

Total votes: 13
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Beach Ogling...

Post by DevilAlumna » May 31st, 2009, 11:20 pm

There were a bunch of soldiers from Fort Lewis at the beach today (topless, getting in and out of their diving wet suits.) Thank goodness I had the requisite dark glasses!! :-bd :D :-bd
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 31st, 2009, 11:48 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:There were a bunch of soldiers from Fort Lewis at the beach today (topless, getting in and out of their diving wet suits.) Thank goodness I had the requisite dark glasses!! :-bd :D :-bd
You're the sly one, DA...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » June 1st, 2009, 12:24 am

devildeac wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:There were a bunch of soldiers from Fort Lewis at the beach today (topless, getting in and out of their diving wet suits.) Thank goodness I had the requisite dark glasses!! :-bd :D :-bd
You're the sly one, DA...
Were you sitting in a field of RED Tulips? ;-)
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » June 1st, 2009, 5:29 am

Slut.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 7:02 am

Shammrog wrote:
Slut.
Wow! Really! That is how you talk to the woman whom you have devoted your life to if something ever happened to your wife and her husband? ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 7:56 am

Shammrog wrote:
Slut.
Wrong thread. ;) :lol: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » June 1st, 2009, 10:56 am

Shammrog wrote:
Slut.
Takes one to know one! ;)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2009, 1:56 pm

He's just jealous that she's not looking at him like that! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2009, 2:16 pm

I want to chime in on this, but it's slightly off topic.

First off, my wife's cousin is a PERFECT example of this. She's the one whose dad just died. She's just starting to "grow" into her body (i.e. things are budding and hips are coming in just a tad). She has a VERY attractive face. She's about 5'5" tall. She's very sweet. Every guy from age 9-25+ I see, even her cousins (the younger ones), ogle her almost constantly. She is TOTALLY unaware of this (she's not flaunting it, she doesn't have a booty shake or anything...yet). I have taken group pictures of her at family events and showed them to both my male friends and female friends. I just ask them how old they think she is, and warn them she is younger than she looks. They guess 15 or 16 (remember, they're trying to guess "young" cause I warned them). She... is... 11. Yes that's not a typo. She's ELEVEN. I SO fear for her having just lost her dad. I seriously hope some sick bastard doesn't take advantage of her.

Anyway, I don't have a problem so much with admiring the beauty of a young WOMAN (at least 18). As my daughter gets older, I'm sure the age will go up. ;)

What I have a problem with is these clothing companies that TOTALLY put LITTLE GIRLS out there. I went to Walmart the other week to get some of that underwear you put on over babies' diapers under their dresses. THEY HAD THONG UNDERWEAR IN SIZE 3T!!!!!! They had t-shirts with pictures of cherries and slightly dirty sayings in size 6, as in for six year olds. They had MINI-SKIRTS in size 5T, as in for five year olds. They had skimpy bikinis in size 2T. This sickens me. As a father of a one year old girl, I just want to hunt the people down that make and market this stuff and BREAK THEM IN HALF (ask CLbunchofnumbers, he's met me. Ask him if you think he'd want to be on the wrong side of my daughter from me. ;) ) I'm sorry. I realize that I can't tell my daughter what to wear when she's 19 or 21 or 31. but I unrealistically hope she wears sensible, covering underwear her entire life. BUT SHE IS NOT WEARING THAT CRAP AS LONG AS SHE'S LIVING IN MY HOUSE. I've also watched this toddlers in tiaras show about the little girls doing the beauty pageants, and I'm just SICKENED by that too. They TOTALLY sex up these four year olds and flaunt them around, teaching them hip gyrating dances and how to wink and blow kisses at men. Dude, that is wrong. Haven't these people heard of Jonbenet Ramsey? Especially putting them on TV on TLC. They even mention what town the kids are from. I would be terrified that some sicko would come hunt my kid down. My wife and I call it the Home Shopping Network for pedophiles. I've watched that show maybe twice (once I see it, it's like a train wreck, I don't WANT to watch, but I can't look away... I get madder and madder as I watch 'til my eye starts twitching), and both times it makes me sick to my stomach. Not to mention the body image issues these girls are gonna have.

Sorry, rant over. I just can't stand that stuff. Anything that ENCOURAGES the objectification of little girls just makes me want to break something. I'll be back after a few quality minutes with my heavy bag. b-( b-( b-( b-( b-(

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2009, 2:41 pm

Just for reference, here's a picture of her with her family at the reunion. Remember, her granddad is 6'2". She's the one in the blue horizontal stripe top, in case you couldn't guess.

By contrast, the two girls in THIS picture are a couple months and a couple years OLDER than she is (in the red and the green, the one in blue is a boy). THEIR dad, the bald guy on the right, is about 5'7":

Now tell me how old YOU thought she was. #-o #-o #-o

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 1st, 2009, 2:54 pm

bjornolf wrote:Just for reference, here's a picture of her with her family at the reunion. Remember, her granddad is 6'2". She's the one in the blue horizontal stripe top, in case you couldn't guess.

By contrast, the two girls in THIS picture are a couple months and a couple years OLDER than she is (in the red and the green, the one in blue is a boy). THEIR dad, the bald guy on the right, is about 5'7":

Now tell me how old YOU thought she was. #-o #-o #-o

%%-
And you say she is 11? O M G! Please send the picture to Coach P so she can put her on the recruiting future's list!

And yeah, she's going to attract a lot of male attention in years to come.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 3:44 pm

bjornolf, this very young lady is going to need a father type influence in her life. Not replace him, but serve in some sort of fatherly capacity. Any chance you could bond with her and help her through her teen years from a man's perspective?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2009, 4:37 pm

I don't think that would be overly appreciated. I have enough on my plate with my three kids. Plus, I'm kind of an outsider in the family as someone from NoVA who married into the family. They basically see me as a yankee, and you can imagine how that goes over. 8-| Also, I live 3+ hours away from them. However, they live like five minutes from the paternal grandfather, the guy pictured there, and I believe he is already starting to fill that role. The family spends a LOT of time together lately at the paternal grandparents' house (they're pretty well off... owned the town market... head of the chamber of commerce... big house with a pool... he'll make sure the kids never want for anything... the smaller boy in the picture is the other grandchild BTW). Not to say that I wouldn't be more than willing to step in if asked, but I don't see that happening. I've told her mom (next to her in the pic) that I'd be willing to help out in any way they need, and she said thanks and that she'd keep that in mind, but I don't see a circumstance where that would occur. She has several cousins of my wife's generation that live close by who can help out and are "closer" to the family. Also, Caryn, Matt's sister (pictured in the back next to her father) of "alternative" lifestyle, who happens to be a poet by hobby, and her "friend" Pat are also stepping in to help out her brother's family.

The irony of the situation is that Matt and Amy (the parents) wanted a third but never had it because the grandmother (pictured on left), Carol, was their daycare provider during work and said she couldn't handle a third. I bet she's regretting that situation now. I feel bad for her about that. Now that she's lost her son, I bet she'd give ANYTHING to have a third grandchild now. It's sad.

Back to Becca though (that's the 11 year old we've been talking about), I DO worry that her mother and grandparents, seeing her as their "little" girl, are NOT taking the situation of her and boys seriously enough. And in that geographical area, where pressure to marry and have kids starts around age 16 and girls are "interested" in boys at a younger age, I worry that she's ripe for being taken advantage of in the coming years. She has already started to dress a certain way and wear some makeup and jewelry, and I've noticed she spends a lot of time sneaking away to text her "friends". I've SEEN the way younger boys (not too worried) and older GUYS (scares me to death!) ALREADY look at her. I really do worry about that. :-s :-ss Hopefully, when Katie comes of age, I'll remember this and not fall into that trap. I'll be cleanin' my gun whenever boys are within 100 ft. of her. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 5:00 pm

bjornolf wrote:I don't think that would be overly appreciated. I have enough on my plate with my three kids. Plus, I'm kind of an outsider in the family as someone from NoVA who married into the family. They basically see me as a yankee, and you can imagine how that goes over. 8-| Also, I live 3+ hours away from them. However, they live like five minutes from the paternal grandfather, the guy pictured there, and I believe he is already starting to fill that role. The family spends a LOT of time together lately at the paternal grandparents' house (they're pretty well off... owned the town market... head of the chamber of commerce... big house with a pool... he'll make sure the kids never want for anything... the smaller boy in the picture is the other grandchild BTW). Not to say that I wouldn't be more than willing to step in if asked, but I don't see that happening. I've told her mom (next to her in the pic) that I'd be willing to help out in any way they need, and she said thanks and that she'd keep that in mind, but I don't see a circumstance where that would occur. She has several cousins of my wife's generation that live close by who can help out and are "closer" to the family. Also, Caryn, Matt's sister (pictured in the back next to her father) of "alternative" lifestyle, who happens to be a poet by hobby, and her "friend" Pat are also stepping in to help out her brother's family.

The irony of the situation is that Matt and Amy (the parents) wanted a third but never had it because the grandmother (pictured on left), Carol, was their daycare provider during work and said she couldn't handle a third. I bet she's regretting that situation now. I feel bad for her about that. Now that she's lost her son, I bet she'd give ANYTHING to have a third grandchild now. It's sad.

Back to Becca though (that's the 11 year old we've been talking about), I DO worry that her mother and grandparents, seeing her as their "little" girl, are NOT taking the situation of her and boys seriously enough. And in that geographical area, where pressure to marry and have kids starts around age 16 and girls are "interested" in boys at a younger age, I worry that she's ripe for being taken advantage of in the coming years. She has already started to dress a certain way and wear some makeup and jewelry, and I've noticed she spends a lot of time sneaking away to text her "friends". I've SEEN the way younger boys (not too worried) and older GUYS (scares me to death!) ALREADY look at her. I really do worry about that. :-s :-ss Hopefully, when Katie comes of age, I'll remember this and not fall into that trap. I'll be cleanin' my gun whenever boys are within 100 ft. of her. ;)

%%-
Glad she has someone like her grandfather around. Wasn't sure of the geographical location of everyone.
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » June 2nd, 2009, 11:50 am

Bjornolf, your niece is indeed hot... I mean, beautiful! :D

My daughter turned 7 in Jan. Most of these are from last year... I think I may have some karmic retribution coming.
n522341470_850800_9570.jpg
n522341470_1067706_358.jpg
n522341470_1626436_5686.jpg
Attachments
n522341470_1761969_9479.jpg
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 2nd, 2009, 12:07 pm

Shammrog - practice saying this: "I know 100 ways to kill a male without leaving a mark." for the boys that she will bring home way too soon. (If that phrase doesn't scare them off - have Wilson make them walk the plank.)

Your daughter is beautiful.
Life is good!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » June 2nd, 2009, 12:25 pm

Hey Shammrog, perhaps we could do the arranged marriage thing. I have an adorable 3rd grader, just turned 9. You know he's being raised right. Granted, no sisters to really teach him all the proper behavior, but I am drilling into all my boys that you respect women. We could just set things up and in 20 years let them get together, whaddya think? ;) Plus, he roots for Duke.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Shammrog

Post by Shammrog » June 2nd, 2009, 12:47 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Hey Shammrog, perhaps we could do the arranged marriage thing. I have an adorable 3rd grader, just turned 9. You know he's being raised right. Granted, no sisters to really teach him all the proper behavior, but I am drilling into all my boys that you respect women. We could just set things up and in 20 years let them get together, whaddya think? ;) Plus, he roots for Duke.
Possibly... DOWRY???
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » June 2nd, 2009, 12:56 pm

Actually, that's your job.

I remain unable to manipulate digital photos. Here's a link to my Tommy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/13725679@N02/3239855403/
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 2nd, 2009, 2:24 pm

Um, yea, I believe the father of the BRIDE has to provide the dowry, not the mother of the groom. Sorry, pal. ;) You get to pay for the wedding too. But at least her texting habit won't be yours to pay for anymore. $-)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...