devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Our 2010-2011 Blue Devils!

Post by devildeac » October 1st, 2010, 11:26 am

Jesus_hurley wrote:
Duke.jpg
They look alarmingly un-ath-a-le-tic.

:)) =))

If RK is 6'9", then MP1 is 6'10" and MP2 is 6'11." That's a good sized front court with depth, too. Unless, of course, we get a game with the *&%$ing refs from the 2004 semi-final game. X(

Plus, that's a lotta "suits" in the photo.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 1st, 2010, 11:38 am

devildeac wrote: Plus, that's a lotta "suits" in the photo.

I had the same impression.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » October 1st, 2010, 11:45 am

And Kelly is up to around 235. Word is, he'll push Mason for the starting spot at the 4. Which I think is a good thing. I liked it at the beginning of last year when one Plumlee came in with Lance and the other with Zoubek so they had an experienced player on the floor helping out. This year, the experienced players are the Plumlee's so I think if they can take over as mentors for the other guys it'll only make the team better down the stretch.

This years team is going to be amazing. There have been a number of folks who have been watching the team play together who have commented on what they see over on the Scout boards. The guard who is supposed to be on the bench the most (Thornton), is supposedly one of the best defenders on the floor - and has a pretty good shot. Being able to run out Nolan and Irving to start and bring in Curry, Thornton and Dawkins to spell them gives opposing teams no rest. They'll have to overplay the 3, and with Dawkins being the 'worst' ball handler of the group bodes badly for the other team. An improved Final Four MOP in Singler and 4 guys who can capably man the post and it's just not fair.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » October 1st, 2010, 11:45 am

captmojo wrote:
devildeac wrote: Plus, that's a lotta "suits" in the photo.

I had the same impression.
As long as none of them are tutors...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 1st, 2010, 12:06 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:And Kelly is up to around 235. Word is, he'll push Mason for the starting spot at the 4. Which I think is a good thing. I liked it at the beginning of last year when one Plumlee came in with Lance and the other with Zoubek so they had an experienced player on the floor helping out. This year, the experienced players are the Plumlee's so I think if they can take over as mentors for the other guys it'll only make the team better down the stretch.

This years team is going to be amazing. There have been a number of folks who have been watching the team play together who have commented on what they see over on the Scout boards. The guard who is supposed to be on the bench the most (Thornton), is supposedly one of the best defenders on the floor - and has a pretty good shot. Being able to run out Nolan and Irving to start and bring in Curry, Thornton and Dawkins to spell them gives opposing teams no rest. They'll have to overplay the 3, and with Dawkins being the 'worst' ball handler of the group bodes badly for the other team. An improved Final Four MOP in Singler and 4 guys who can capably man the post and it's just not fair.

And the four guys manning the post would be? MP1, MP2, RK and...

And yes, it would be fair. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by indoor66 » October 1st, 2010, 6:01 pm

devildeac wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:
Duke.jpg
They look alarmingly un-ath-a-le-tic.

If RK is 6'9", then MP1 is 6'10" and MP2 is 6'11." That's a good sized front court with depth, too. Unless, of course, we get a game with the *&%$ing refs from the 2004 semi-final game. X(

Plus, that's a lotta "suits" in the photo.

Yeah - Suits 14, Players 12! What the hell is that all about? What happened to a coach, two assistants and Max? 8-|
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 1st, 2010, 7:07 pm

indoor66 wrote:
Yeah - Suits 14, Players 12! What the hell is that all about? What happened to a coach, two assistants and Max? 8-|
Obviously a dinosaur type situation.
I don't care, as long as it works!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » October 2nd, 2010, 9:36 pm

devildeac wrote:
Jesus_hurley wrote:And Kelly is up to around 235. Word is, he'll push Mason for the starting spot at the 4. Which I think is a good thing. I liked it at the beginning of last year when one Plumlee came in with Lance and the other with Zoubek so they had an experienced player on the floor helping out. This year, the experienced players are the Plumlee's so I think if they can take over as mentors for the other guys it'll only make the team better down the stretch.

And the four guys manning the post would be? MP1, MP2, RK and...

And yes, it would be fair. :)) =))
Josh Hairston. He's a 3/4 - supposed to be similar to Lance Thomas but with more offense.
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... =205001799