Bostondevil comes clean

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Bostondevil comes clean

Post by Bostondevil » September 25th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Hey guys, I hope Mr. Bostondevil doesn't mind too much me sharing this information. About six years ago he had a couple of seizures which were attributed to overwork and not enough sleep. He's been seizure free since then until about a week ago. This time he's had to go on anti-seizure medication and can't, by law, drive for 6 months unless the doctor determines otherwise. He sees the neurologist on Monday but I've tried to prepare him for the fact that he won't be driving for a long while. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. In the meantime, I know have 5 males to cart around. Number 1 son now has his learner's permit. He needs to get a move on!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Bostondevil comes clean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 25th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Vibes to Mr. Bostondevil! Sounds like a vacation is in order. Also, vibes to you as you cart around 5 males. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 25th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Oh BD!! :-o Loads of vibes and prayers beaming your family's way!!
:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 25th, 2010, 11:18 pm

Sending major ass vibes to Bostondevil and her family.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » September 25th, 2010, 11:48 pm

Oh, BD -- vibes to you and Mr. BD for both his health woes, and your increased duties as driver, wife & mom.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Hugs to you!
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 26th, 2010, 6:26 am

Oh no! I'll keep you and Mr. Bostondevil in my prayers. I hope that his seizures are due to nothing more serious than overwork and lack of sleep.

I hope that both of you get lots of rest and that you can avoid stress as much as possible.

(((HUGS)))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 26th, 2010, 7:50 am

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 26th, 2010, 8:17 am

The driving thing for him is to be taken quite seriously. I hope it's something only of a temporary nature and he'll be back to full good health soon.
Prayers, vibes and best wishes for a complete recovery. As for the candor of bean spillage, assure him you've come to exactly the right place!
:wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 26th, 2010, 8:55 am

BD, I am sending this from my phone so I can't send smilies, but know I am sending major vibes and prayers for Mr. BD and you
Iron Duke #1471997.
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by indoor66 » September 26th, 2010, 9:00 am

I hope things go well for all of you and your family.
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 26th, 2010, 9:49 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibes to Mr. BostonDevil for a clean bill of health...Vibes to your for patience in your taxi duties...and to number 1 son for a real live drivers license asap.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 26th, 2010, 9:59 am

Vibes to you both. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 26th, 2010, 10:06 am

Oh! Thanks for letting us all in on what you guys are going through. Take it from me, checking in here from time to time for encouragement is sooooooo beneficial when one is dealing with trying times. The sympathetic and clear thinking heads around here are worth their weight in gold. And our vibes are legendary!!!!

Gobs of vibes headed your way. May you have enough rest and patience to see you through. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 26th, 2010, 9:52 pm

BD - Prayers and vibes and hugs to the BD family as you await the results of the doctor's visit. Patience to you as your driving duties increase and may #1 son do well with his driving lessons so that he can help out in the driving department.
Life is good!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » September 27th, 2010, 5:44 am

Many, many vibes, hugs and good thoughts & prayers coming your way!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 27th, 2010, 4:29 pm

hang in there BD. Come back and vent whenever you need to, okay?
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 29th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Mr. BD's neurologist is a Carolina grad. I'm going to have to admit, they aren't ALL bad. Mr. BD still can't drive for 6 months but that's not his doctor's fault, it's Massachusetts State Law.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 29th, 2010, 4:42 pm

BD, vibes and prayers for y'all! My best friend from high school has epilepsy. It took her a long time to get her license, and it's still kind of a shock when I go visit her and she drives me around.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » September 30th, 2010, 1:36 am

Bostondevil wrote:Mr. BD's neurologist is a Carolina grad. I'm going to have to admit, they aren't ALL bad. Mr. BD still can't drive for 6 months but that's not his doctor's fault, it's Massachusetts State Law.
Do you live anywhere near the T?

(I :x cities with rail-based mass transit....)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 30th, 2010, 12:16 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Mr. BD's neurologist is a Carolina grad. I'm going to have to admit, they aren't ALL bad. Mr. BD still can't drive for 6 months but that's not his doctor's fault, it's Massachusetts State Law.
Do you live anywhere near the T?

(I :x cities with rail-based mass transit....)
You know, it's really strange, but I had similar thoughts when I first read the BD post. I was overworked and stressed in Atlanta, and switched over to a mostly MARTA based ride 15 minutes by car to the MARTA, 75 minutes by MARTA). Although I spent 15 minutes more traveling each way compared with my car commute to university, I wound up lowering my blood pressure, and reducing stress. Unfortunately, my sleep patterns didn't get better until I moved to Kentucky. They're still not great, but they're improving.

But yeah, got to love good public transportation!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.