LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilAlumna » April 12th, 2009, 2:28 pm

I feel obliged to point out that "Lighten up, Francis" is a movie quote - courtesy of Sgt. Hulka in Stripes. ;)

And wow, I am realizing that although I had a good PW lead on the old board, I'm going to get left in the post count dust over here. Y'all are dedicated!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 12th, 2009, 2:38 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I feel obliged to point out that "Lighten up, Francis" is a movie quote - courtesy of Sgt. Hulka in Stripes. ;)

And wow, I am realizing that although I had a good PW lead on the old board, I'm going to get left in the post count dust over here. Y'all are dedicated!!
DA what are you doing in VA? Are you there visiting your parents?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 2:45 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
VA???
DevilAlumna

You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 12th, 2009, 3:22 pm

I like DA's avatar.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 12th, 2009, 3:23 pm

Sue71 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
VA???
DevilAlumna

OMG! That's what I get for reading the boards without my glasses. Thank you, Sue! :D
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 12th, 2009, 5:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I like DA's avatar.
Thanks - that's me in Fiji, on the wreck of the Salamander. (You can't really see the boat underneath me, but I'm doing the Leo DiCaprio Titanic move. :))
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 12th, 2009, 5:20 pm

TillyGalore wrote: DA what are you doing in VA? Are you there visiting your parents?
No, but I will be in a couple weekends. :D
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 6:08 pm

So I went to see Avenue Q yesterday. Has anyone here seen it? I'll hold my comments until I get a reply or two. ;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 12th, 2009, 6:18 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: DA what are you doing in VA? Are you there visiting your parents?
No, but I will be in a couple weekends. :D
Perhaps my psychic abilities are better than I thought. ;)
Sue71

Re: Assistance needed

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Oh, and I'd also like to start the Sue's New Red Leather Jacket Fund. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. :D Here is a picture of it:

So contributions are now being accepted, as I just ordered my new jacket. :D :mrgreen: :roll: :o :shock: :D :D

The phone lines are now open. Operators are standing by.
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 12th, 2009, 9:22 pm

Sue71 wrote:So I went to see Avenue Q yesterday. Has anyone here seen it? I'll hold my comments until I get a reply or two. ;)

yup. In NY and Vegas.
AKA Duke74
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 12th, 2009, 9:35 pm

Wow. I go away to the back woods for a weekend and look what happens! Welcome aboard to all the old friends who have found our new home! I had several pages worth of reading to catch up on.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Assistance needed

Post by ArkieDukie » April 12th, 2009, 9:37 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Oh, and I'd also like to start the Sue's New Red Leather Jacket Fund. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. :D Here is a picture of it:

So contributions are now being accepted, as I just ordered my new jacket. :D :mrgreen: :roll: :o :shock: :D :D

The phone lines are now open. Operators are standing by.
Congrats on ordering the jacket, Sue! I'm jealous! :-bd
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 12th, 2009, 9:38 pm

So, after driving for 4.5 hours, I was too tired to go grocery shopping. Planning to venture out tomorrow after work. Gonna try to find some of the infamous Wheach beer. :)
-- Albert Einstein
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 10:07 pm

herb wrote:
Sue71 wrote:So I went to see Avenue Q yesterday. Has anyone here seen it? I'll hold my comments until I get a reply or two. ;)

yup. In NY and Vegas.
Ok since you're the only taker... I laughed so hard I cried. Literally. Cried. I was howling with laughter at one point. =))

The guy next to me laughed. ONCE. I kid you not. L-)
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 12th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Sue71 wrote:
herb wrote:

yup. In NY and Vegas.
Ok since you're the only taker... I laughed so hard I cried. Literally. Cried. I was howling with laughter at one point. =))

Same here. Not the Sesame Street we grew up with (or watched in the C room at Southgate and Windsor for me), was it?
AKA Duke74
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 10:35 pm

herb wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
herb wrote:

yup. In NY and Vegas.

Same here. Not the Sesame Street we grew up with (or watched in the C room at Southgate and Windsor for me), was it?
Not quite... but the whole "Bert & Ernie" thing and how it was "resolved" was what got me howling. :lol: =)) :))
Sue71

So people want to know why I'm so stressed?

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 11:53 pm

It's because I don't even get the fucking "B" team to assist me at work... if it's a good day they might qualify as the "C" team.

Why do I check email on the weekends? Why? Especially after a freaking week off? Seriously?

There is a person that works for me that does things half way. Half ass. Doesn't double check anything. Isn't concerned with the outcome, just that the job gets done. Well I've fucking had it. She's getting written up on at least one count, possibly two come tomorrow. I'm done. If she doesn't shape up, I'll find someone else who can do the job and is pleasant about it. FUCK!

I absolutely HATE cleaning up other people's messes. Especially when it's because the other person is fucking careless. And just doesn't care. I am SO over this. She is SO in deep shit.

Fuck.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 13th, 2009, 12:00 am

Gee Sis,
Why not solve the issue by offering them the Matzah Ball soup from tonight's Throwdown? 8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: So people want to know why I'm so stressed?

Post by ArkieDukie » April 13th, 2009, 7:42 am

Sue71 wrote:It's because I don't even get the fucking "B" team to assist me at work... if it's a good day they might qualify as the "C" team.

Why do I check email on the weekends? Why? Especially after a freaking week off? Seriously?

There is a person that works for me that does things half way. Half ass. Doesn't double check anything. Isn't concerned with the outcome, just that the job gets done. Well I've fucking had it. She's getting written up on at least one count, possibly two come tomorrow. I'm done. If she doesn't shape up, I'll find someone else who can do the job and is pleasant about it. FUCK!

I absolutely HATE cleaning up other people's messes. Especially when it's because the other person is fucking careless. And just doesn't care. I am SO over this. She is SO in deep shit.

Fuck.
Y'know, Sue, I think we're related. My younger sister was talking over the weekend about getting herself in trouble because she "has a give-a-damner" and goes the extra mile to get things done. That bit me in the butt at my last job, where my supervisor dumped all her work on me so she could spend more time on the cell phone with her peeps. Unlike my current job, the person over both of us supported her; it made the situation intolerable. I take great comfort in the fact that I'm no longer being forced to cover for her incompetence. :lol:

With regard to the person working for you, go for it! You've got at least one of the Shin-Kickers with you, ready to be called in. Sounds like she needs a few good kicks (sending her one now). You might actually scare the rest of your team into getting things done. You might also find that other members of your team will be cheering you on because they're sick of her as well, and you could actually end up improving the overall quality of your team's work. Or maybe I'm just too optimistic. Sending vibes your way for a successful smackdown!
-- Albert Einstein