LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » September 5th, 2010, 8:17 pm

CathyCA wrote:Note to clients: It is NOT a good idea to cry to your attorney that you are too broke to afford a telephone, but then post pictures from your camera phone on Facebook of your fabulous time from your club level seats at the ECU football game.

Just sayin' . . .
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 5th, 2010, 8:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:Note to clients: It is NOT a good idea to cry to your attorney that you are too broke to afford a telephone, but then post pictures from your camera phone on Facebook of your fabulous time from your club level seats at the ECU football game.

Just sayin' . . .
=)) =)) =))
Iron Duke #1471997.
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by indoor66 » September 5th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Just sayin' . . .
Ya' know, one of my old partners used to say that "if they were as smart as you are they wouldn't need you." :(( :)) =)) :ymdevil:
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 5th, 2010, 8:34 pm

indoor66 wrote:

Just sayin' . . .
Ya' know, one of my old partners used to say that "if they were as smart as you are they wouldn't need you." :(( :)) =)) :ymdevil:
Very true. We had a girl charged with assault for trying to stab another girl with a knife. She came to court and cried that she was sorry, she was really a pacifist. Imagine her surprise when we pulled up her MySpace page that had one avatar chasing another with a clearver!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 5th, 2010, 8:47 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
indoor66 wrote:

Just sayin' . . .
Very true. We had a girl charged with assault for trying to stab another girl with a knife. She came to court and cried that she was sorry, she was really a pacifist. Imagine her surprise when we pulled up her MySpace page that had one avatar chasing another with a clearver!
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 5th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Oops, that should have been "cleaver."
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 5th, 2010, 9:08 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Oops, that should have been "cleaver."
Now your comment is clearer. :D
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 5th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Does anyone know why the nuns stood behind the gate at Maria's wedding to Captain von Trapp? Why couldn't the nuns enter the sanctuary with all of the other wedding guests?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 5th, 2010, 10:19 pm

CathyCA wrote:Does anyone know why the nuns stood behind the gate at Maria's wedding to Captain von Trapp? Why couldn't the nuns enter the sanctuary with all of the other wedding guests?
I thought it was because they were a cloistered order. Did a google search and here is what I found: They are Benedictine nuns and therefore must stay "seperate"
Benedictine nuns live in cloister. In cloistered monasteries and convents, every way to separate the religious (the term for both monks and nuns) from the laity is taken. If you watch the movie "Agnes of God," you'll see what Benedictine convents and monasteries used to do (some still do) in their parlors for one on one conversation; they put up a grille between themselves and their guests, to maintain the enclosure of the cloister. In the movie, then, the nuns are in the church, but are separated from the rest of the congregation by the gate which marks the enclosure of the cloister.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 5th, 2010, 10:31 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Does anyone know why the nuns stood behind the gate at Maria's wedding to Captain von Trapp? Why couldn't the nuns enter the sanctuary with all of the other wedding guests?
I thought it was because they were a cloistered order. Did a google search and here is what I found: They are Benedictine nuns and therefore must stay "seperate"
Benedictine nuns live in cloister. In cloistered monasteries and convents, every way to separate the religious (the term for both monks and nuns) from the laity is taken. If you watch the movie "Agnes of God," you'll see what Benedictine convents and monasteries used to do (some still do) in their parlors for one on one conversation; they put up a grille between themselves and their guests, to maintain the enclosure of the cloister. In the movie, then, the nuns are in the church, but are separated from the rest of the congregation by the gate which marks the enclosure of the cloister.
Thank you!

I had thought that since they were nuns, maybe they would be up near the front, even in the choir loft since they were "more churchy" than the wedding guests.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 5th, 2010, 10:40 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Thank you!

I had thought that since they were nuns, maybe they would be up near the front, even in the choir loft since they were "more churchy" than the wedding guests.
Glad I could help.

My mother would be proud to know that some of her Catholicism rubbed off on me over the years. Not sure what my pop up from the Presbyterian years. I do use this background as an excuse when a new hymn pops up in the Methodist church I now attend. :D
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 5th, 2010, 10:58 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DinK, thanks from me, too, for clarifying that. I've always wondered why the nuns stayed behind the gate. I thought maybe they weren't allowed at wedding ceremonies or something.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 6th, 2010, 6:49 am

DukieInKansas wrote: Not sure what my pop up from the Presbyterian years.
Terrorism, perhaps? :))
I've been known to use this sarcasm. :twitch:

The better question is, "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" :whistle:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 6th, 2010, 7:02 am

Contrary to popular belief, Labor day has nothing to do with childbirth. :-B :-$ :-o

Not that childbirth should not be a cause of celebration. :ymparty: :ymapplause:

:twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2010, 11:41 am

I was laboring while washing my car earlier today. It is nice and clean now though.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Not much posting here today. Of course I can't really compare to a normal weekday as I don't ever make it here during work.
YmoBeThere

YmoBeThere wrote:Not much posting here today. Of course I can't really compare to a normal weekday as I don't ever make it here during work.
Yes, I'm trying to get my post count up...
YmoBeThere

YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Not much posting here today. Of course I can't really compare to a normal weekday as I don't ever make it here during work.
This is sometime known as PW'ing
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2010, 12:26 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
This is sometime known as PW'ing
I'll admit, I'm guilty as charged.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 6th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Do it one word per post and your post count will increase in no time.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------