Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » September 2nd, 2010, 7:36 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Shameless plug - my niece Michelle will be on David Letterman tonight.

I guess I'll have to watch Letterman.
Cool! Thanks for the heads up. Is she coming to the 'bama game??? :happy-bouncyblue:
She did great! Beautiful, smart, funny, engaging, very at ease handling Letterman.

Is she coming to Brunchgate with you?
I saw Michelle on Letterman! She did a great job.

And she is beautiful--a gorgeous smile and legs that go all the way up to her shoulders.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by indoor66 » September 2nd, 2010, 8:50 am

Michelle who?
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 2nd, 2010, 9:21 am

indoor66 wrote:Michelle who?
Michelle Beadle, my niece, is the host of SportsNation on ESPN from 4-5 EST M-F. Of course, Colin Cowherd may say she is the co-host. ;)
Life is good!
indoor66

Post by indoor66 » September 2nd, 2010, 9:34 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Michelle Beadle, my niece, is the host of SportsNation on ESPN from 4-5 EST M-F. Of course, Colin Cowherd may say she is the co-host. ;)
Thanks for the info and clarification.
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2010, 10:18 am

indoor66 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Thanks for the info and clarification.
It's a fun show and Michelle does a great job, plus, as Cathy so eloquently said, she's very easy on the eyes.

Is she coming to the Alabama game DinK? (I'm hoping if I ask you often enough, you'll talk her into it just to shut me up!)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2010, 10:36 am

What a fucking crock of shit. The DBR's software now filters out "ass" when quoted from the HPR.
1) Koaching Koncerns
a) Krzyzewski’s management of the rotation will bite us/has bitten us in the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

1) a) I don't need to read this thread, 'cause the HPR says it all.
OH MY GOD! I can't believe the friggin filter on this &#@$%* software actually wankers out the HPR now. Very disappointing.
Now the HPR doesn't say it all. It's a wanker.

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2010, 10:54 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:What a fucking crock of shit. The DBR's software now filters out "ass" when quoted from the HPR.
1) Koaching Koncerns
a) Krzyzewski’s management of the rotation will bite us/has bitten us in the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

OH MY GOD! I can't believe the friggin filter on this &#@$%* software actually wankers out the HPR now. Very disappointing.
Who fucking cares what's going on OY?
I worship the Blue Devil!
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » September 2nd, 2010, 10:58 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Wow, COOL! I had no idea!

I like Beadle a lot. But Cowherd? Can you give us any inside scoop on him? I simply can't listen to the man's show. Wayyyyyyyyy to negative and hysterical (not in a funny sense). He's just seems like a crumudgin (no, I cannot spell "crumudgin").

-Earl Jam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 2nd, 2010, 11:07 am

EarlJam wrote:

I like Beadle a lot. But Cowherd? Can you give us any inside scoop on him? I simply can't listen to the man's show. Wayyyyyyyyy to negative and hysterical (not in a funny sense). He's just seems like a crumudgin (no, I cannot spell "crumudgin").

-Earl Jam
Curmudgeon.

Your assessment of Cowherd seems spot-on. I can't listen to him for more than a couple of minutes before I want to pull my eardrums out and stomp on them. %-(
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 2nd, 2010, 11:18 am

From the "no good deed goes unpunished" department:

I had a preliminary hearing last week for a kid whose mother had passed away earlier in the week. The boy was in jail, under no bond. Prior to the preliminary, the defense attorney called and asked if I would sign off on him being released to go to his mother's funeral, and provided me the funeral information. I said yes, and signed the form so he could go to the funeral.

He turned himself back in to the jail the evening after the funeral, late and drunk.

I guess I should be pleased he turned himself in at all. But I'm not. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » September 2nd, 2010, 11:30 am

lawgrad91 wrote:From the "no good deed goes unpunished" department:

I had a preliminary hearing last week for a kid whose mother had passed away earlier in the week. The boy was in jail, under no bond. Prior to the preliminary, the defense attorney called and asked if I would sign off on him being released to go to his mother's funeral, and provided me the funeral information. I said yes, and signed the form so he could go to the funeral.

He turned himself back in to the jail the evening after the funeral, late and drunk.

Though irresponsible as Hades, I wonder if he got drunk out of grief for his mom and everything else going on in his life right now? Certainly doesn't excuse it, but maybe explains it? Is he just broken? On the other hand, I don't know him at all so for all I know, he just got out and partied?

-EJ

P.S. You DID do a wonderful thing, and for that, you rule. :)
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2010, 11:33 am

You did the right, compassionate thing. He got drunk because he could. Next time his "mother" dies, he won't be allowed to go to the funeral.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 2nd, 2010, 12:17 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:From the "no good deed goes unpunished" department:

That is such an Otis thing to do.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2010, 1:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:What a fucking crock of shit. The DBR's software now filters out "ass" when quoted from the HPR.
1) Koaching Koncerns

I just looked at the HPR and "ass" is still there. I didn't try to copy/paste it though and try to put it into a post though. :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2010, 1:04 pm

devildeac wrote:
1) Koaching Koncerns

I just looked at the HPR and "ass" is still there. I didn't try to copy/paste it though and try to put it into a post though. :ymdevil:
It's in the HPR, but that opens as a pdf file, so I guess the filter can't touch it. But I copied the text for my post, and the rest is, well, what it was.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2010, 1:06 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:Now the HPR doesn't say it all. It's a wanker.
It's in the HPR, but that opens as a pdf file, so I guess the filter can't touch it. But I copied the text for my post, and the rest is, well, what it was.[/quote]
That's what I figgered.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2010, 1:16 pm

A bit of news over on the "heels/magnifying glass" thread over on The Stadium.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 2nd, 2010, 1:49 pm

1) Koaching Koncerns

Ass isn't allowed but wanker is OK? Typical DBR hypocrisy.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 2nd, 2010, 2:00 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-Earl Jam
Curmudgeon.

Your assessment of Cowherd seems spot-on. I can't listen to him for more than a couple of minutes before I want to pull my eardrums out and stomp on them. %-(
Cowherd drives me nuts. He spent all last year talking about how Duke has fallen off and hasn't done anything in the last several years. Now that we win the championship, he says it's cause it was such a weak field this season. Make up your mind, dopey.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2010, 2:18 pm

colchar wrote:
1) Koaching Koncerns

Ass isn't allowed but wanker is OK? Typical DBR hypocrisy.
Well, with your inspiration I just used "wanker" in a post OY.
Does anyone know if this game will be televised? Maybe Espn 8, the ocho?

My reply:
You're in Durham. Get your wanker over to Wallace Wade Stadium and watch the game in person!
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))