Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Tropical Storm Earl (Jam) Develops

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2010, 5:01 pm

indoor66 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Apparently the storm is losing a bit of steam too.
It's still a category 3 storm. Even if it goes to a 2, NOT good for CB&B.

Vibes!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I think the scale goes the other way. It is worse if it goes to a 4. Better if it goes to a 2.
Both of you are correct, Lavabe was saying even if it drops to a cat 2, it ain't good. As long as it keeps to the west it's much better for us beach bums, the wind is significantly weaker on the western side. I've been in this trailer for a direct hit through a tropical storm, it wasn't too bad..but it's always iffy since I'm surrounded by pines. One of neighbors' houses was totalled in that storm with a tree right down the middle. The trailer I'm in now was a replacement for the one that was here before. All that's left of the tree that took that one out is a stump in my back yard.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
fordgrl00
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by fordgrl00 » September 1st, 2010, 5:54 pm

CB&B, will you be leaving before the storm is expected to be in your area? We hope so! Vibes for you and DukePA as you make your travels to Durham! Maybe the storm will continue to weaken as it gets closer.
~Shelly
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2010, 6:10 pm

fordgrl00 wrote:CB&B, will you be leaving before the storm is expected to be in your area? We hope so! Vibes for you and DukePA as you make your travels to Durham! Maybe the storm will continue to weaken as it gets closer.
I'm deciding tomorrow afternoon. DukePA will be safely holed up in her house, I'm sure. If I do take off, I'll be back Friday afteroon to load up the goodies!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 1st, 2010, 6:14 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
fordgrl00 wrote:CB&B, will you be leaving before the storm is expected to be in your area? We hope so! Vibes for you and DukePA as you make your travels to Durham! Maybe the storm will continue to weaken as it gets closer.
I'm deciding tomorrow afternoon. DukePA will be safely holed up in her house, I'm sure. If I do take off, I'll be back Friday afteroon to load up the goodies!
Please be careful, CB&B.
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » September 1st, 2010, 6:39 pm

Amen. Sis and Chris, be safe and know a ton of prayers and vibes are being sent out.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Next 24-36 hours are going to be crazy.

Be safe.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
indoor66

Post by indoor66 » September 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm

Be safe and be careful. We have both been through these before and they are not fun.
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 1st, 2010, 9:15 pm

Uggghhhh. Just got a call and was told there is a mandatory evacuation of the island starting tomorrow morning. I'm working in Morehead CIty and my last patient is scheduled for 3:00. I called the town and was told that they will close the bridges if the winds hit 40 mph. Seems a little low to me, but it's not my call.

I don't wanna evacuate :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2010, 9:18 pm

DukePA wrote:Uggghhhh. Just got a call and was told there is a mandatory evacuation of the island starting tomorrow morning. I'm working in Morehead CIty and my last patient is scheduled for 3:00. I called the town and was told that they will close the bridges if the winds hit 40 mph. Seems a little low to me, but it's not my call.

I doubt the bridges will have those winds until much later in the evening..closer to midnight. You'll be ok for getting back..just make sure you have your license so you can prove you are a resident.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2010, 9:20 pm

DukePA wrote:Uggghhhh. Just got a call and was told there is a mandatory evacuation of the island starting tomorrow morning. I'm working in Morehead CIty and my last patient is scheduled for 3:00. I called the town and was told that they will close the bridges if the winds hit 40 mph. Seems a little low to me, but it's not my call.

I doubt the bridges will have those winds until much later in the evening..closer to midnight. You'll be ok for getting back..just make sure you have your license so you can prove you are a resident.
PS...they close the bridge not to keep anyone out, but to keep a car from blowing off into the drink.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2010, 9:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Image

I do not like the yellow line. At all.
Yay! The yellow line has moved! And the others have moved. Alot! Yay! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 1st, 2010, 9:25 pm

No worries.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm

Their looking out for your safety. Embrace the love.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm

Yay! The yellow line has moved! And the others have moved. Alot! Yay! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
COOL! I just talked to Caroline. Can you say, "Hurricane Party?"
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » September 1st, 2010, 9:41 pm

DukePA wrote:

COOL! I just talked to Caroline. Can you say, "Hurricane Party?"
If the legacy of Hurricane EarlJam is to give the east coast of N.C. a good party, that would be the absolute best case scenario! Again, stay SAFE y'all! And if Earl (Jam) doesn't cause grief, and I hope and pray it doesn't, then may it cause a great and wonderful celebration! Cheers!

-EarlJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » September 1st, 2010, 9:54 pm

The hurricane always plays the villian. The hurricane always get all the headlines. How about the HERO? In this case, the hero is a rather simple cold front decending from the northwest U.S.

This front is the main reason Earl will turn north. Without this system, Earl would slam unopposed into the N.C. coast.

I petition that this cold front MUST be named, for hero's sake. Any ideas for names?

-EarlJam
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 1st, 2010, 9:57 pm

Zoubs!!!!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 1st, 2010, 10:22 pm

Be careful, DukePA! Enjoy the hurricane party, but be safe for the really big soiree on Saturday! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 1st, 2010, 10:23 pm

DukePA wrote:Zoubs!!!!!!
^:)^ :clap: :dance: :-BD
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2010, 10:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Be careful, DukePA! Enjoy the hurricane party, but be safe for the really big soiree on Saturday! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
The Carteret County Emergency Manager tells WITN those evacuations have been ordered for Pine Knoll Shores, Emerald Isle, Indian Beach, and Atlantic Beach.

The mandatory evacuations are set to start Thursday morning at 5a.m.

Beginning at 5:00 pm on Thursday, 2 September, access to these municipalities and Bogue Banks will be restricted to essential personnel only.
http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/102023163.html
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 1st, 2010, 11:03 pm

11 pm update: It's back to Cat 4 with 140 mph winds and a "perfect circle" eye. Not good for our coast.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com