I Can't Live, if Livin' is Without You (Flip the Script)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

I Can't Live, if Livin' is Without You (Flip the Script)

Post by EarlJam » August 31st, 2010, 9:20 pm

Here's how the meaning of that song can be completely flipped around.

Okay, let's say the person singing the song is a girl named Susan. Okay, her boyfriend, who she is morbidly sick of, is named Alex. Susan wants Alex completely out of her life. Susan now loathes Alex. After 14 break up and seven restraining order threats, Alex meets another girl. Her name is Jessica. Jessica Liven. Okay now. Alex can be just as much of a pain in the ass to Jessica as he was to Susan, but overall, so far so good, and when things are good, they are REALLY, REALLY good. During these periods, Alex (who still has feelings for Susan), leaves Susan alone. He's happy. He has Jessica. Jessica Liven. But on two occassions over the past six months, Jessica has thrown Alex out of the house after a very intense fight of words loaded with pain and ultimately, deep regret. During these times, when Alex is emotionally and physically "evicted," he runs to Susan. This drives Susan nearly insane for all the WRONG reasons. She just wants Alex to go away. She realizes that as long as Alex is with Jessica......Jessica Liven, he leaves HER alone and all is wonderful in life. She realizes with his constant hounding when Jessica kicks him out, she simply can not live her life.

With this in mind, she hears, "I can't live, if Liven' is without you," and thinks of the song in an entirely different light than most.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.