LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 8:01 pm

cl15876 wrote:By the way - I imagine it is quite beautiful right now where you are on the coast with the sun setting. I am visualizing you next to the ocean kicked back on the deck, in a padded deck lawn chair with wind blowing through your hair, your duke hoodie and a nice brew in a goblet next to you on the table while you have your laptop on your lap. Is Mrs. DD going to post any pictures of your sanctuary?
Not quite. I am currently in our loft with views of both the ocean and the sound with pink, orange and varying shades of blue (none pale and pasty) in the prolonged sunset this evening. I'm not wearing a stitch of clothing, oops, sorry, I was chanelling EarlJam there, and I have a glass of ice water right now. The 10 PM WooHoo celebratory brew is on the agenda, however. I am working at a PC as my wife has commandeered the laptop for the evening. And I have on a polo and khaki shorts, my favorite spring and summer outfit. The gentle ocean breezes wafted through our hair earlier as we walked on the beach for over an hour and I'll try to get my beloved to post some photos, though she has little interest in the DBR and I think she'll have little interest here. It is kind of a co-dependency however as she has her internet circles in which spends excessive periods of time also ;) :oops: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 8:08 pm

devildeac wrote: It is kind of a co-dependency however as she has her internet circles in which spends excessive periods of time also ;) :oops: .
Our circle can beat up her circle.
My sweetie pie is the same way. As long as she doesn't complain about me being online with my friends I won't complain about her being online with hers. The only thing is, I'm the only one who has proven my friends are real. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 8:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: My sweetie pie is the same way. As long as she doesn't complain about me being online with my friends I won't complain about her being online with hers. The only thing is, I'm the only one who has proven my friends are real. :D

I always find it tough trying to convince friends that I "know" someone who I've only ever interacted with on the interwebs.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 8:20 pm

I also just noticed that we're approaching 700 posts on this forum. Not bad when you consider that we've only been live since Wednesday night. Then again, we are likely one of the greatest collections of shameless PWs around.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 11th, 2009, 9:08 pm

devildeac wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Playing catch up

Question #1. Are Lavabe and Sue really brother and sister?
Question #2. Where have I been?
1. No, unless you'd consider them Old Testament/Torah "brother and sister."
No more than DukePA and CB&B are :o
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 9:17 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: No more than DukePA and CB&B are :o
Very true.
Hey Sis, we got a shout out!!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 9:21 pm

Nothing to say. I just wanted to post the 700th post in our little community.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2009, 11:23 pm

Unfortunately, we are not consanguinial brother and sister.

We are bro & sis in our pursuit of the ultimate knadl.

Having said that, turns out that Sis worked with ILJ's younger sister while at Duke. :)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Lavabe wrote: Having said that, turns out that Sis worked with ILJ's younger sister while at Duke. :)
Gotta love small worlds, especially when it comes with family from other mothers. I got broadsided by DukePA's bioligical family twice that way.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 2:26 am

devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote: Lighten up Francis. ;) You know I would kill for you Jewish Soul Food!!!
And don't call her "Francis" (reference to recent lemur discussion on the OTB ;)) .
Miles, Jewish Soul Food or BBQ? I'll believe it when I see it... :roll:

DD, Francis is my middle name. Ok, not really. :lol:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 2:27 am

Question #2. Where have I been?
1. Yes, of course. We're both from NJ and we're both Jewish. And he's only about a foot and a half or so taller than me.
2. Dunno.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 12th, 2009, 2:30 am

Lavabe wrote:
Having said that, turns out that Sis worked with ILJ's younger sister while at Duke. :)
I know! How funny is that!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2009, 8:16 am

Sue71 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote: Lighten up Francis. ;) You know I would kill for you Jewish Soul Food!!!
And don't call her "Francis" (reference to recent lemur discussion on the OTB ;)) .
Miles, Jewish Soul Food or BBQ? I'll believe it when I see it... :roll:

DD, Francis is my middle name. Ok, not really. :lol:
Then it would/should have to be FrancEs ;) :roll: .
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2009, 8:31 am

I am looking out over the ocean and sound on a very pretty day at the coast with barely a few wispy clouds in the sky. A large flock of pelicans has just flown by and is now out of view. It's time for a long walk on the beach and some more conversation with my beloved, some peaceful moments and relaxation. What a therapeutic weekend this has been so far.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 12th, 2009, 8:55 am

devildeac wrote:I am looking out over the ocean and sound on a very pretty day at the coast with barely a few wispy clouds in the sky. A large flock of pelicans has just flown by and is now out of view. It's time for a long walk on the beach and some more conversation with my beloved, some peaceful moments and relaxation. What a therapeutic weekend this has been so far.
Sounds beautiful! Exactly what I'd be doing with my partner also! I love the beach!!!! Enjoy your peace and tranquility! :)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 12th, 2009, 9:05 am

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:By the way - I imagine it is quite beautiful right now where you are on the coast with the sun setting. I am visualizing you next to the ocean kicked back on the deck, in a padded deck lawn chair with wind blowing through your hair, your duke hoodie and a nice brew in a goblet next to you on the table while you have your laptop on your lap. Is Mrs. DD going to post any pictures of your sanctuary?
Not quite. I am currently in our loft with views of both the ocean and the sound with pink, orange and varying shades of blue (none pale and pasty) in the prolonged sunset this evening. I'm not wearing a stitch of clothing, oops, sorry, I was chanelling EarlJam there, and I have a glass of ice water right now.
I was going to reply to this last night, but got caught up in preparing for the 10pm toast and couldn't find the post again to reply to! :oops:

Apparently my visual was not too far off with respect to the sunset as you described as I imagined. YOU then had me ROFLMAO with the abstract EJ thought .... :lol:, however, closed up nicely! Can't wait to see some shots! I bet Mrs. DD would let you upload also! :roll: :D

See you soon!...chris
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 12th, 2009, 10:01 am

devildeac wrote:I am looking out over the ocean and sound on a very pretty day at the coast with barely a few wispy clouds in the sky. A large flock of pelicans has just flown by and is now out of view. It's time for a long walk on the beach and some more conversation with my beloved, some peaceful moments and relaxation. What a therapeutic weekend this has been so far.
Great to hear DD.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 12th, 2009, 1:06 pm

Just got in and on. Looks great! I've a lot of reading to do here to get caught up with. Like some "other" place, I'm not too sure exactly what to make of those who would allow me to be included in any group. :lol: Right now, I'm dropping out to go get in the shower and come back later.

Since this is post #1, let me just say this, for now. DAMN!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 12th, 2009, 1:10 pm

captmojo wrote:Just got in and on. Looks great! I've a lot of reading to do here to get caught up with. Like some "other" place, I'm not too sure exactly what to make of those who would allow me to be included in any group. :lol: Right now, I'm dropping out to go get in the shower and come back later.

This is GREAT news. Mojo is here!!

Perhaps we can talk about Monty Python here. :mrgreen:

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Pillow cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 12th, 2009, 1:10 pm

captmojo wrote:Just got in and on. Looks great! I've a lot of reading to do here to get caught up with. Like some "other" place, I'm not too sure exactly what to make of those who would allow me to be included in any group. :lol: Right now, I'm dropping out to go get in the shower and come back later.

Yay captmojo and Ben63 have made their way over here. Woo hoo!!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!