Bostondevil returns to Durham!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Bostondevil returns to Durham!

Post by Bostondevil » May 28th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Next Friday I'm flying down to Durham. Friday night in Durham, Satuday night in Salisbury.

Here's the intenerary. Did I spell that right? Too lazy to check. Anyway, I'm taking Mom, Dad and brother Hal to Bullocks for dinner, it's been awhile, too long. After that, Hal and I are going to Champs at Southpoint to hang out. Any Durham area folks who want to join us there are welcome. I shooting for a 9pm arrival at Champs.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Re: Bostondevil returns to Durham!

Post by Bostondevil » May 28th, 2009, 2:17 pm

Oh, and Saturday, the current plan is to get to Salisbury on the early side. I want to give myself some 'getting lost' time. The show starts at 7:30pm. There are only 6 short plays on the bill. My prediction is that the theater portion of the evening will only last about 1 1/2 hours. My family had discussed staying over night but with a 9pm ending time, I'm against it. Now we are discussing whether to do dinner in Salisbury before or after the show.

I'm planning on getting some restaurant recommendations from the very nice folks at Lee Street.

I fly back Sunday afternoon.

OK, who thinks I should contact the Alumni Affairs office and suggest a performance of 'Almost Made in Heaven' at next year's reunion weekend?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 28th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Oh, and Saturday, the current plan is to get to Salisbury on the early side. I want to give myself some 'getting lost' time. The show starts at 7:30pm. There are only 6 short plays on the bill. My prediction is that the theater portion of the evening will only last about 1 1/2 hours. My family had discussed staying over night but with a 9pm ending time, I'm against it. Now we are discussing whether to do dinner in Salisbury before or after the show.

I'm planning on getting some restaurant recommendations from the very nice folks at Lee Street.

I fly back Sunday afternoon.

OK, who thinks I should contact the Alumni Affairs office and suggest a performance of 'Almost Made in Heaven' at next year's reunion weekend?

YES - you should contact them.
Life is good!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 28th, 2009, 3:14 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Next Friday I'm flying down to Durham. Friday night in Durham, Satuday night in Salisbury.

Here's the intenerary. Did I spell that right? Too lazy to check. Anyway, I'm taking Mom, Dad and brother Hal to Bullocks for dinner, it's been awhile, too long. After that, Hal and I are going to Champs at Southpoint to hang out. Any Durham area folks who want to join us there are welcome. I shooting for a 9pm arrival at Champs.
Is it proper to wish the author to "Break a leg"?

Whichever is the better, best wishes for the show's success. :-bd
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 28th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Next Friday I'm flying down to Durham. Friday night in Durham, Satuday night in Salisbury.

Here's the itinerary. Did I spell that right? Too lazy to check. Anyway, I'm taking Mom, Dad and brother Hal to Bullocks for dinner, it's been awhile, too long. After that, Hal and I are going to Champs at Southpoint to hang out. Any Durham area folks who want to join us there are welcome. I shooting for a 9pm arrival at Champs.
AS mentioned in the PM, I/we will be joining you for Saturday's performance. Champs at 9 pm on Friday night sounds pretty good too!

Note corrected spelling above for itinerary! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 28th, 2009, 4:46 pm

I wish I could make it BD, it sounds like you're set for a fun trip, but importantly I hope it's a successful trip. One day I will see one or your plays. Let us know when you get the movie rights sold. :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Bullock's!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.