Firefox Help Needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Firefox Help Needed

Post by colchar » August 15th, 2010, 5:11 pm

So javascript on my old version of Firefox stopped working this week and I finally decided to upgrade to a newer version. After having done so I remembered why I dislike them so much - the address bar keeps trying to autocomplete whenever I type something into it. In addition, it adds addresses to its list even when I haven't actually typed them in (like from my bookmarks) - one of the ones it added I hadn't even visited since installing this version of Firefox yet it still somehow ended up in there. I absolutely hate this feature.

On the older version I only ever typed three website addresses into the address bar and they would sit there in memory so that I could click on them for quick access when I needed them. Does anyone know how to get the address bar in newer versions of Firefox to behave the way the older ones did? I installed an add-on called 'old bar' or something like that but it hasn't solved this problem.

If I can't figure out how to resolve this I am simply going to delete the new version and go back to my trusty old version in which things worked as I wanted them to.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Firefox Help Needed

Post by indoor66 » August 15th, 2010, 5:29 pm

colchar wrote:So javascript on my old version of Firefox stopped working this week and I finally decided to upgrade to a newer version. After having done so I remembered why I dislike them so much - the address bar keeps trying to autocomplete whenever I type something into it. In addition, it adds addresses to its list even when I haven't actually typed them in (like from my bookmarks) - one of the ones it added I hadn't even visited since installing this version of Firefox yet it still somehow ended up in there. I absolutely hate this feature.

On the older version I only ever typed three website addresses into the address bar and they would sit there in memory so that I could click on them for quick access when I needed them. Does anyone know how to get the address bar in newer versions of Firefox to behave the way the older ones did? I installed an add-on called 'old bar' or something like that but it hasn't solved this problem.

If I can't figure out how to resolve this I am simply going to delete the new version and go back to my trusty old version in which things worked as I wanted them to.
oldversions.com - a savior in many instances.
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 15th, 2010, 6:01 pm

indoor66 wrote:
colchar wrote:So javascript on my old version of Firefox stopped working this week and I finally decided to upgrade to a newer version. After having done so I remembered why I dislike them so much - the address bar keeps trying to autocomplete whenever I type something into it. In addition, it adds addresses to its list even when I haven't actually typed them in (like from my bookmarks) - one of the ones it added I hadn't even visited since installing this version of Firefox yet it still somehow ended up in there. I absolutely hate this feature.

oldversions.com - a savior in many instances.

Thanks, that's where I got my older version in the first place. If I cannot resolve this I will simply go back there and download an older version that I like.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 15th, 2010, 11:20 pm

I got sick of the new version, said fuck it, and reverted to an older version.

I mainly needed javascript to make my NASCAR pool picks but I can do that in IE or Opera or whatever.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------