No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 16
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What's your favorite pudding?

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2010, 9:11 am

Any folks remember what the Crazies chanted when Bill Cosby was in the house quite a few years ago? :think:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2010, 9:49 am

devildeac wrote:Banananana cream, assuming you meant banananana pudding with real banananananas and 'Nilla wafers. I'm happy with whipped cream or meringue on top, slightly browned, please =p~ :D .
That is 'Nilla wafer abuse.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2010, 11:32 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Banananana cream, assuming you meant banananana pudding with real banananananas and 'Nilla wafers. I'm happy with whipped cream or meringue on top, slightly browned, please =p~ :D .
No, it's not. That's standard Southern fare before, during and after a BBQ plate dinner, along with a slice of pee-can pie.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2010, 8:18 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
No, it's not. That's standard Southern fare before, during and after a BBQ plate dinner, along with a slice of pee-can pie.
I'm with devildeac on this one. For those of you who don't know any better, homemade banana pudding consists of alternating layers of homemade vanilla pudding, bananas, and vanilla wafers. It's the best stuff ever. (mental note to myself: I need to make homemade banana pudding sometime)

Banana-flavored pudding is just nasty. If the banana/vanilla wafer version doesn't count, I'll have to go with tapioca.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2010, 8:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: That is 'Nilla wafer abuse.
I'm with devildeac on this one. For those of you who don't know any better, homemade banana pudding consists of alternating layers of homemade vanilla pudding, bananas, and vanilla wafers. It's the best stuff ever. (mental note to myself: I need to make homemade banana pudding sometime)

Banana-flavored pudding is just nasty. If the banana/vanilla wafer version doesn't count, I'll have to go with tapioca.
Does Ted Drewe's make a banana pudding concrete?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2010, 8:37 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:No, it's not. That's standard Southern fare before, during and after a BBQ plate dinner, along with a slice of pee-can pie.

Does Ted Drewe's make a banana pudding concrete?
I don't think they do, but that would be incredibly good. Maybe I should suggest it to them. I'll have to check the list of add-ins next time I'm there. Maybe bananas and vanilla wafers are an option.

It's almost fall, which is the time for my absolute favorite Ted Drewe's concoction: pumpkin pie concrete. Pumpkin pie (complete with the crust) mixed with vanilla frozen custard. :drool:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 9th, 2010, 10:55 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: quote="devildeac" Banananana cream, assuming you meant banananana pudding with real banananananas and 'Nilla wafers. I'm happy with whipped cream or meringue on top, slightly browned, please =p~ :D . /quote

Leave out the banana layer and I'd give it a try. In my book, the only good banana is a dancing banana: :banana-dreads: :banana-dance: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-linedance: :banana-rock: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench:
Life is good!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 9th, 2010, 10:56 pm

devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote:
I did not mean with real bananas and 'Nilla wafers. Just straight up, what is your favorite pudding?
Does rice pudding count?

How about bread pudding?

If neither of those, I'll just take chocolate then.
Rice pudding counts because it's pudding and pudding alone. Bread pudding doesn't count either because it wasn't the pudding to which I was referring. It sounded too lame to go with "creamy pudding" but that's what I was shooting for.

BTW, let me say that I do love a good banana pudding with all the fixins. Think I'm gonna have to whip up a batch soon!
sMiles
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » August 9th, 2010, 11:30 pm

Miles wrote: BTW, let me say that I do love a good banana pudding with all the fixins. Think I'm gonna have to whip up a batch soon!
It's one of the few things your Dad's other sister can make - you should put in a request
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 10th, 2010, 7:38 am

shereec wrote:
Miles wrote: BTW, let me say that I do love a good banana pudding with all the fixins. Think I'm gonna have to whip up a batch soon!
It's one of the few things your Dad's other sister can make - you should put in a request
:)) =))
Miles

Post by Miles » August 10th, 2010, 8:06 am

shereec wrote:
=))

How about for a brunchgate?
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 10th, 2010, 8:18 am

Miles wrote:
shereec wrote:
=))

How about for a brunchgate?
Mrs. DD makes a dee-licious rice pudding. That will definitely appear on a Brunchgate menu this season.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2010, 12:19 pm

devildeac wrote:Any folks remember what the Crazies chanted when Bill Cosby was in the house quite a few years ago? :think:
Umm... I forgot. What did they do? :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2010, 1:59 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Any folks remember what the Crazies chanted when Bill Cosby was in the house quite a few years ago? :think:
Umm... I forgot. What did they do? :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
Think about the title of this thread and what Cos used to advertise...

And also, clap/clap/clap,clap,clap... :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2010, 3:21 pm

2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2010, 3:35 pm

Figgy pudding.

...right now

:D