What's wrong with this burger?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: What's wrong with this burger?

Post by indoor66 » August 7th, 2010, 12:28 pm

The only good burger has cheese, mustard, chili, slaw & onions. Anything else is putrid. :-ss :tease: :-BD :violence-axechase:
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » August 7th, 2010, 12:56 pm

captmojo wrote:Fungus
Those aren't mushrooms, they're fried onions.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 7th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Run, don't walk to "ONLY BURGER" in Derm. Truly amazing, freshly-ground-on-site burgers cooked any way you want 'em. And his fries are perfect! Home made pimento cheese on the bottom toasted bun is his recommendation.....mine, too.

His truck is found around campus or at the farmers' market on Saturday mornings (try his breakfast burger). Soon to open is the first brick and mortar location on Shannon Road.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 1:22 pm

devildeac wrote:
You eat mayo on a burger and don't like mustard?

We need wilson's communist smilie/flag.

I'll eat mayo on a burger (sometimes, but not always, depends on my mood) and I will not, under any circumstances, eat mustard. Ever.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 1:24 pm

indoor66 wrote:The only good burger has cheese, mustard, chili, slaw & onions. Anything else is putrid. :-ss :tease: :-BD :violence-axechase:

Slaw on a burger or on the side?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 1:26 pm

If that is a photo of the Steakhouse XT or whatever it is called (the burger with the fried onions on it) then do yourself a favour and avoid it like the plague as it is not good at all. Waaaay too salty, to the point of being gross, and not even close to being tasty. There are other things on the BK menu that are far better.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
indoor66

Post by indoor66 » August 7th, 2010, 1:32 pm

colchar wrote:
indoor66 wrote:The only good burger has cheese, mustard, chili, slaw & onions. Anything else is putrid. :-ss :tease: :-BD :violence-axechase:

ON THE BURGER, YOU IDIOT! :D :)) :tease: :wizard:

(nothing personal)
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » August 7th, 2010, 1:35 pm

I'll tell you one damn thing right now (the mustard and slaw comments brought this to mind), for my money, NOTHING beats a kick-ass BBQ sandwich, with Carolina mustard/vinegar-based sauce and a heaping pile of slaw between the buns.

Throw in a side of hush puppies, some corn on the cobb and and a sweet iced tea and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Damn that's culinary heaven!

I love all of you.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 7th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Wait a minute. Sounds like you're describing a hot dog 8-| .(sans cheese, though I'll throw a handful of grated cheddar on a hot dog if given the opportunity)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 7th, 2010, 1:46 pm

indoor66 wrote:
colchar wrote:

ON THE BURGER, YOU IDIOT! :D :)) :tease: :wizard:

(nothing personal)
You must forgive him, he is Canadian after all. :flags-canada: ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
indoor66

Post by indoor66 » August 7th, 2010, 2:10 pm

devildeac wrote:
Wait a minute. Sounds like you're describing a hot dog 8-| .(sans cheese, though I'll throw a handful of grated cheddar on a hot dog if given the opportunity)
No. In Durham (or Derm), what I described is a Cheesburger all the way. :drool: \:d/

Go to King's on Foster Street near the old DAP and order this and you will know what I'm sayin'. :happy-bouncyblue:
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 2:15 pm

EarlJam wrote:I'll tell you one damn thing right now (the mustard and slaw comments brought this to mind), for my money, NOTHING beats a kick-ass BBQ sandwich, with Carolina mustard/vinegar-based sauce and a heaping pile of slaw between the buns.

Throw in a side of hush puppies, some corn on the cobb and and a sweet iced tea and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Damn that's culinary heaven!

I love all of you.

-EarlJam
Whoa there doggy. I'm confused, do you want mustard or vinegar-based sauce? Mustard would belong to South Carolina, while the vinegar based sauces hail from North Carolina. I can do the mustard, it's a nice break from the norm, but I'm a much bigger fan of the vinegar-based sauces.
sMiles
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 7th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Miles wrote:
EarlJam wrote:I'll tell you one damn thing right now (the mustard and slaw comments brought this to mind), for my money, NOTHING beats a kick-ass BBQ sandwich, with Carolina mustard/vinegar-based sauce and a heaping pile of slaw between the buns.

I love all of you.

-EarlJam
Whoa there doggy. I'm confused, do you want mustard or vinegar-based sauce? Mustard would belong to South Carolina, while the vinegar based sauces hail from North Carolina. I can do the mustard, it's a nice break from the norm, but I'm a much bigger fan of the vinegar-based sauces.
Both, which is why I wrote "Carolina" vs. "North or South Carolina."

But pressed, I would MUCH prefer the vinegar-based sauces of North Cackalacki!

-EarlJam
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 2:28 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Domino's makes the faking of food appearance a theme in one of their commercials.
To be fair, I've done photo shoots for packaging companies and they all excel at faking the appearance of food. There is nothing worse than the smell of partially cooked turkey that's been sitting on a photo set for two hours.

Kelly and I really enjoy the new Domino's pizza. It's one of the few fast food places we'll go to in a pinch, that and Chick-Fil-A.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 2:32 pm

EarlJam wrote:
Miles wrote:

I love all of you.

-EarlJam
Both, which is why I wrote "Carolina" vs. "North or South Carolina."

But pressed, I would MUCH prefer the vinegar-based sauces of North Cackalacki!

-EarlJam
I gotcha, but I've always understood "Carolina BBQ Sauce" to be the vinegar based stuff and "Mustard BBQ Sauce" to be the mustard based stuff. I wouldn't ever think to say "Carolina Mustard Sauce".
sMiles
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 7th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Miles wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Domino's makes the faking of food appearance a theme in one of their commercials.
To be fair, I've done photo shoots for packaging companies and they all excel at faking the appearance of food. There is nothing worse than the smell of partially cooked turkey that's been sitting on a photo set for two hours.

Kelly and I really enjoy the new Domino's pizza. It's one of the few fast food places we'll go to in a pinch, that and Chick-Fil-A.
Chick-Fil-A is the gold standard of fast food. NOBODY does it better, from the food they serve and the service you get, to the values they stand by. What an outstanding organization.

:Clap: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

-EarlJam

P.S. How good is Chick-Fil-A? They make the only sandwich I don't need to doctor with condiments. A sandwich with extra pickles. DIVINE!
indoor66

Post by indoor66 » August 7th, 2010, 2:50 pm

EarlJam wrote:
Miles wrote:

Chick-Fil-A is the gold standard of fast food. NOBODY does it better, from the food they serve and the service you get, to the values they stand by. What an outstanding organization.

-EarlJam

P.S. How good is Chick-Fil-A? They make the only sandwich I don't need to doctor with condiments. A sandwich with extra pickles. DIVINE!

Have you ever been to Back Yard Burgers (http://backyardburgers.com/) in Boone, NC and other locations? They serve excellent food with excellent service. Worth a visit.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2010, 4:10 pm

EarlJam wrote:Chick-Fil-A is the gold standard of fast food. NOBODY does it better, from the food they serve and the service you get, to the values they stand by. What an outstanding organization.
Exactly, what ARE the values of which you speak?

Do these values REALLY make a difference in terms of you buying their product? Do you also live by those values? Do those values REALLY make their chicken any better?

In my case, their values mean I don't buy their product (on Sunday). I also loathe their use of spelling errors to sell their product (EAT MORE CHIKIN).

Although I like some of their healthful options, I would like to see those options be less expensive.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 4:14 pm

EarlJam wrote:
Miles wrote:

-EarlJam

Kelly's brother is an owner/operator of two Chick-Fil-As, and her mother does marketing for him now that she retired from Charlotte Mecklenburg school system. He started at the bottom in high school, and worked there all the way through college. It's a great company and they have great food. If you're ever in Carowinds, go eat at the free-standing Chick-Fil-A. It's easily the best food in the park and one of Michael's stores.
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2010, 4:22 pm

indoor66 wrote:Have you ever been to Back Yard Burgers (http://backyardburgers.com/) in Boone, NC and other locations? They serve excellent food with excellent service. Worth a visit.
No grillmarks on the side of the burger in that link... it MUST be good. :)) :)) =)) =)) :)) =))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.