Favorite Shampoo?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Favorite Shampoo?

Post by EarlJam » August 6th, 2010, 10:21 am

Mine is Prell, for no other reason than it's among the cheapest, and it has a green bottle. For some reason that I cannot fully explain, I like for my bathroom products to have green labels. I like Irish Spring soap, for instance.

-GreenJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Favorite Shampoo?

Post by Lavabe » August 6th, 2010, 10:25 am

EarlJam wrote:Mine is Prell, for no other reason than it's among the cheapest, and it has a green bottle. For some reason that I cannot fully explain, I like for my bathroom products to have green labels. I like Irish Spring soap, for instance.

-GreenJam
Blast... and here I thought you were doing a poll! :-w
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 6th, 2010, 10:37 am

EarlJam wrote:Mine is Prell, for no other reason than it's among the cheapest, and it has a green bottle. For some reason that I cannot fully explain, I like for my bathroom products to have green labels. I like Irish Spring soap, for instance.

-GreenJam
You couldn't have picked a worse shampoon for your hair if you tried. Switch to "i make a paste out of laundry detergent and rub it on my head" and you'll be better off....hell use the irish spring.

Prell is good for stripping bad dye jobs out of your hair. It is harsh as hell.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » August 6th, 2010, 11:17 am

I like whatever my wife buys me, but normally my hair isn't long enough for it to really matter. She normally coordinates my shampoo with my deodorant :D
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 6th, 2010, 11:21 am

I like green as well. I am also a lifelong Irish Spring user for my bod. I use the green Herbal Essences for my hair. Damn that shit smells good.
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 6th, 2010, 11:21 am

Treseme.
They are good and cheap, and have the coolest jingle. Ooh-la-la.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 6th, 2010, 11:25 am

Equate's version of Pantene Pro-V 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. Been using it for years. I like the way it leaves my hair, what there is of it, and it smells nice. And yeah, Herbal Essences smells great too! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 6th, 2010, 11:26 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Equate's version of Pantene Pro-V "2 in 1" shampoo and conditioner. Been using it for years. I like the way it leaves my hair, what there is of it, and it smells nice. And yeah, Herbal Essences smells great too! :D
Interesting. I play the Titleist Pro V1 golf ball, too!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 6th, 2010, 11:27 am

DukeUsul wrote:... Damn that shit smells good.

:)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))

-EarlJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 6th, 2010, 11:59 am

="windsor"

You couldn't have picked a worse shampoon for your hair if you tried. Switch to "i make a paste out of laundry detergent and rub it on my head" and you'll be better off....hell use the irish spring.

For real? Seriously, I did not know this. Is there a shampoo that is much better but close to the same price point? Ozzie's V1 Pantene?

-EarlJam
Miles

Post by Miles » August 6th, 2010, 1:08 pm

I use Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint shampoo. I like minty smells.
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 6th, 2010, 1:31 pm

EarlJam wrote:
="windsor"

For real? Seriously, I did not know this. Is there a shampoo that is much better but close to the same price point? Ozzie's V1 Pantene?

-EarlJam
Pantene is much better...so is herbal essence...Prell if very harsh. The only shampoo that might be worse is (no shit) baby shampoo. Baby shampoo is pH balanced to match the human eye's pH (that's why it doesn't sting) but that is all wrong for hair/scalp. Seriously.

Herbal Essence is better too (and it comes in green!). Suave is super cheap but less concentrated than the higher ticket brands, so you tend to use more.

If you wash your hair often (ie if you shower in the a.m. then might shower/shampoo again after a tennis match) look for one that has a conditioner as well.

Try a few different brands and see what you like.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by mph » August 6th, 2010, 1:33 pm

I use the giant bottles of the Suave knockoffs of other expensive brands. It doesn't really matter to me which brand they're knocking off as long as it's cheap and smells nice.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 6th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Garnier, I use Pantene and Vive too.

Nobody mentioned a product containing some shit called 'Awapuhi'. I tried it and therefore remembered what was on the ingredients label due to the fact that it might take a complete 55 gallon drum of this shit to raise a bubble. :Boo:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 9th, 2010, 12:47 pm

I use Aveda shampoo and conditioner. Right now I'm using the formula called "Shampure." It smells so good.

Seriously, you all should go in to the Aveda store at the mall and start smelling their shampoos. You will love them. You'll never buy drug store shampoo again (or if you do, you'll wish you were buying Aveda instead).
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 9th, 2010, 12:58 pm

We use Aveda products too. I used to use whatever was on sale, but Bruce is persnickety about his hair, even though he doesn't have a lot of it (maybe because he doesn't have a lot of it). We also have some orange-smelling stuff we bought at another hair salon, as a change of pace from the Aveda.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 9th, 2010, 2:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We use Aveda products too. I used to use whatever was on sale, but Bruce is persnickety about his hair, even though he doesn't have a lot of it (maybe because he doesn't have a lot of it). We also have some orange-smelling stuff we bought at another hair salon, as a change of pace from the Aveda.
My hairline is receding (I'm 32) and has been for a long time. I keep it shaved pretty close, around a 1 or 2 guard so I don't really need that much shampoo. Luckily, that means a bottle of shampoo lasts forever so I don't mind splurging on a nice bottle. I've found that most shampoos do a good job of cleaning my scalp and hair, so I buy according to scent. Aveda has great smelling stuff!
sMiles
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 9th, 2010, 3:45 pm

windsor wrote:

-GreenJam

I totally screwed up here. As I was showering this morning, and lathering down my toned pecs, washboard abs, firm rotund buttocks, and silky smooth skin, I looked at the shampoo bottle. It's not Prell, rather, PERT! I use PERT!

Goes to show how much I really pay attention.

So, with this new revelation, what's the scoop on PERT?

-EarlJam, who my also be a tad off about the state of his pecs, abs, buttocks and skin.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 9th, 2010, 3:55 pm

1. I wish to hear no more about your abs/pecs/buttocks or any other body part :D
2. Pert is much better than Prell for your hair. Still not top shelf, but not nearly as harsh.