Legacy Lady's a Blue Devil now!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Legacy Lady's a Blue Devil now!

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 5th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Well, not a True DUKE Blue Devil, but at least she gets to wear the Blue Devil name with a similar looking devil face and a close-enough shade of Duke blue!! Let's go Devils!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
Attachments
DSC03300.JPG
LL is a Blue Devil now!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: Legacy Lady's a Blue Devil now!

Post by TillyGalore » August 5th, 2010, 6:33 pm

Woo hoo!! Congratulations, Legacy Lady.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 5th, 2010, 6:41 pm

:D :duke: :duke: :D :duke: :duke: :D :duke: :duke: :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 5th, 2010, 8:01 pm

A really good start!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 5th, 2010, 9:42 pm

And if we had stayed in Georgia, the high school she would have attended has that awful shade of blue. L-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 5th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Congratulations, Legacy Lady!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 6th, 2010, 8:42 am

ILoveJimmy wrote:Well, not a True DUKE Blue Devil, but at least she gets to wear the Blue Devil name with a similar looking devil face and a close-enough shade of Duke blue!! Let's go Devils!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
In Kin-tucky, too.

:)) =)) :)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 6th, 2010, 8:45 am

Right on! Congrats!
sMiles
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

What's wrong with this picture?

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 11th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Well, nothing is wrong with this picture actually - it's a lovely shot of LL! But today was her first day of high school. YIKES!! :-o :-o She is ready for it though. I hope she has had a good day. She'll be home soon to regale us with her first day tales!!
Attachments
Anna 1st day high school.jpg
First day of high school
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2010, 3:07 pm

She is beautiful!

School starts very early in Kentucky. We have 2 weeks to go before our kids head back to school in NC.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 11th, 2010, 3:07 pm

For those of you who did not see my post on Facebook from earlier in the day, I thought I'd save Lavabe the trouble of writing his comment again. Below is his comment to my post of LL's first day photo. Incidentally, where are you Tilly and CB&B??!! You're usually the first to respond to these types of posts on Facebook. ;)

Lavabe: Her first essay in science class was a response paper to a Scientific American cover story on South African paleoanthropology. HAPPY father!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2010, 3:08 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:For those of you who did not see my post on Facebook from earlier in the day, I thought I'd save Lavabe the trouble of writing his comment again. Below is his comment to my post of LL's first day photo. Incidentally, where are you Tilly and CB&B??!! You're usually the first to respond to these types of posts on Facebook. ;)

Lavabe: Her first essay in science class was a response paper to a Scientific American cover story on South African paleoanthropology. HAPPY father!!
I've actually been doing real work today...it feel very strange.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 11th, 2010, 3:09 pm

CathyCA wrote:She is beautiful!

School starts very early in Kentucky. We have 2 weeks to go before our kids head back to school in NC.
It starts even earlier in Cobb County/Atlanta. They started last week!
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » August 11th, 2010, 3:14 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ILoveJimmy wrote:For those of you who did not see my post on Facebook from earlier in the day, I thought I'd save Lavabe the trouble of writing his comment again. Below is his comment to my post of LL's first day photo. Incidentally, where are you Tilly and CB&B??!! You're usually the first to respond to these types of posts on Facebook. ;)

I've actually been doing real work today...it feel very strange.
I know what you mean about doing real work. That is mostly why I didn't get on CrazieTalk this summer. During the work day, I have been really slammed every day. After the work day, the last thing I wanted to do was stay on the computer!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Completely missed it.

Does LL, and thereby you her parents, already know what her homework is? It's been a long time since I was in high school, but I do remember getting homework the first day.

Is "HAPPY father" going to give her any guidance on this paper?
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 3:24 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

Completely missed it.

Does LL, and thereby you her parents, already know what her homework is? It's been a long time since I was in high school, but I do remember getting homework the first day.

My response should have been "lemur guess what she's going to write". :)) :)) I suppose it isn't too late to put that up.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2010, 3:33 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

Completely missed it.

Happy father didn't guide, so much as pose questions... which brought out beautiful responses.

She was given a list of assignments going into the summer.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 3:35 pm

Lavabe wrote:She was given a list of assignments going into the summer.
Was the paper due today?

Man, I am so glad I am not a high school student. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2010, 3:37 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Was the paper due today?

Man, I am so glad I am not a high school student. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Yes, it was due today. She also had a test in the same course today.

And I don't know what was going to happen in English. She had to read the Iliad (and write about it) this summer.

And then there was the response paper (about the oil spill) she had to do.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 3:45 pm

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Was the paper due today?

Yes, it was due today. She also had a test in the same course today.

And I don't know what was going to happen in English. She had to read the Iliad (and write about it) this summer.

And then there was the response paper (about the oil spill) she had to do.
My dad made me read 5 books a summer, and the all had to come from the AP or Honors English class list. Thank God I didn't have to write a paper for him. Although I do recall writing a paper for English class about a book I'd read.