NASCAR 2010

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: NASCAR 2010

Post by colchar » August 1st, 2010, 2:13 pm

I have to run out for a little while but, when I come home, I think I am going to grab my new baby and play with her while watching the race.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 2:25 pm

colchar wrote:I have to run out for a little while but, when I come home, I think I am going to grab my new baby and play with her while watching the race.
According to the ad they just showed, M&M's now has a new pretzel flavor.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 1st, 2010, 2:28 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:I have to run out for a little while but, when I come home, I think I am going to grab my new baby and play with her while watching the race.
According to the ad they just showed, M&M's now has a new pretzel flavor.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

That sounds absolutely freakin' disgusting.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 3:18 pm

JJ & JG have command of this race. Bowyer has slowly gained a LOT of places. Logano having trouble.

No crashes/cautions yet. Lots of green flag stops. 300 miles to go.

Hamlin in 3rd, Burton 4th, Montoya 5th.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 1st, 2010, 3:48 pm

I am so thrilled that I put JJ on the bench so that I could start Hamlin.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

colchar wrote:I am so thrilled that I put JJ on the bench so that I could start Hamlin.
We both have Hamlin.
And Hamlin is doing fine. There should be a rain stoppage sometime in the next 20 minutes, some 300 miles into the race. If they go through a caution, JG and Hamlin will make a serious charge at JJ.
In fact, JG is starting to challenge JJ for the lead.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 3:52 pm

Update: JG has the lead, and FINALLY a yellow (debris on the track).
Folks... we have ourselves a race!!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 4:15 pm

Hamlin in 1st since the restart.
Meanwhile, there is EXCITING racing going on behind him. HARVICK is on the prowl in 4th, looking like he'll take over 3rd from JJ. JG is safe for now in 2nd. Burton lost positions in the last stop.
3-wide racing in many corners, as everyone is racing hard to beat the rain. It looks like the sky is about to open up.

Colchar... I for one want the rain to fall, with Hamlin in the lead. And Harvick looks like he's in a good place too.

MAD PROPS to Bowyer in this race. His position after starting 40th or so is AMAZING.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 4:39 pm

After another caution, JPM & Jr (2-tire change) took the lead, but JG charged and took the lead with 45 laps to go. Edwards is now in 3rd, with a mad battle among Smoke, JJ, Burton, Harvick, and Hamlin. FURIOUS action throughout the top 10.
Bowyer is in 9th... he started 40th.
No rain yet.
nOW another caution, as Jr got loose and slid. 2-tires turned out NOT to be a wise move.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 1st, 2010, 4:47 pm

I keep expecting JG to break out and have a good run but I've avoided picking him too much this year because, for some reason, he just doesn't seem to have it this year.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 5:05 pm

36 laps to go. Crash.
Kurt Busch got into some bumping with JJ. Busch loses. He's out. JJ on radio thinks it's his fault, as all three were racing for 10th. JJ was bump drafting, and got Busch loose, causing Busch to go into the wall, then slows down and Bowyer taps Busch as Busch goes down to the infield. Busch stated flat out that JJ caused it.

And somehow, Elliot Sadler got the worst of it. BEHIND the Busch crash. Someone behind him ran up on his tail while he was slowing down to avoid the Busch accident. He slid into the infield and slammed head on to a barrier. WHY ON EARTH is there an unbuffered wall there?

RED FLAG because of Sadler. He just got out of the car, and then lied down. He's been released from the med center. Thankfully, the HANS device was there... I don't know how he survived, because the front of his car was just destroyed.

His ENGINE wound up far away from his car.

I am SO glad he was able to be interviewed. WOW. I can't believe he's alive. ^:)^
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 1st, 2010, 5:18 pm

I was rather worried about Sadler for a while there but, thankfully, he sounded just fine in the interview.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 5:22 pm

RED FLAG continues (25 minutes right now), as NASCAR repairs damage to barriers. Also, there's been some rain. JG's crew chief, Steve Letarte, says he has to come in at least at some point because he doesn't have enough gas to make it without pitting. JG and JPM are in front, with Smoke, Biff, and Harvick next. Hamlin is in 6th, followed by Martin, Edwards, Burton, and JJ. JJ should be DQ'd for what he did to Busch. Seriously. Lots of tough racing coming up.

Cars are rolling now. Yellow caution is now up. 35 laps to go.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 5:36 pm

WACKY pit stops under yellow just after the caution. Hamlin and Harvick fall back to like 12th & 13th, as some drivers (e.g., Newman) go with NO tire changes, and some (e.g., Menard) go with 2 tires changed. Hornish stayed out and is now IN THE LEAD!! WTF!! JG fell back NINE spots.

AND NOW, the rain has started up again. Oh man. This is crazy.

Double-file restart coming up again. Hamlin is behind JG on the restart, with Harvick to JG's right. We've seen 3 and 4-wide racing today. This is going to be CRAZY!!

JPM is fighting with his crew chief on the radio.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 6:07 pm

22 laps to go, and they have restarted after the rain.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 6:42 pm

Biffle dominated after the restart.
1-5: Biffle, Smoke, Edwards, Harvick, Hamlin.
6-10: JG, MM, Burton, Truex, JJ
11-15:Hornish, Rocketman, Menard, Ragan, Bowyer
16-20: JPM, Reutimann, Kenseth, Kahne, Kes

Personally, JJ deserves a penalty or a dq or some combination thereof.

Did colchar win yet again?
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by mph » August 1st, 2010, 7:03 pm

I hate I missed CTN fantasy NASCAR. Count me in for next year if there's space available.

Even though we only got a glimpse of the Sadler wreck, that's one of the hardest hits I can remember. The combination of the weird wall angle, lack of safer barrier, and grass mound reinforcing the wall, could easily have been deadly. Glad he was able to walk away.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 7:11 pm

mph wrote:I hate I missed CTN fantasy NASCAR. Count me in for next year if there's space available.

Even though we only got a glimpse of the Sadler wreck, that's one of the hardest hits I can remember. The combination of the weird wall angle, lack of safer barrier, and grass mound reinforcing the wall, could easily have been deadly. Glad he was able to walk away.
I STRONGLY suggest you join, even for the last half of the season. You'll get used to the system, so that when you join in the beginning of next season, you'll be all prepared and ready to dominate. Also, there's not only a full season points race, but one for the summer and one for the fall.

PM Ymo for all the details, but it's over at yahoosports.com. Our league is CTN '10.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 1st, 2010, 7:16 pm

I agree wholeheartedly - get thee signed up!

We're about halfway through the summer session (there are spring, summer, and fall sessions) so this would be a good chance to get used to things with no pressure. Plus, you'd have all drivers available for their full nine allowable races whereas the rest of us have used up a lot of chances with many of the drivers. Come the fall you would be in a great position to compete in that session. I won the spring, the summer is still up for grabs, and the fall isn't even on the radar yet. Plus, a few good races could put you in the middle of the pack for the overall season. Any experience you gain now will only help come next year when you'd be able to hit the ground running right along with the rest of us rather than learning as the season began and perhaps falling behind a bit because of that.

Once again, get thee signed up!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by mph » August 1st, 2010, 7:20 pm

Awesome!!!! \:d/ \:d/ Count me in!