WTF happened to over yonder?!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: WTF happened to over yonder?!

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 5:39 pm

Ooooooh... and Earl of the Jammeth is IN THE HOUSE!!
:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 1st, 2010, 5:52 pm

Dang, they took away the introduction thread. I was enjoying Jarhead and DD's smilie tutorial. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » August 1st, 2010, 5:52 pm

Wow. Oh Wow.

Much more on this later. But a couple of quick thoughts from JBDuke's post:

1. "...it's mostly formed by a small group of active posters..." (No, it exists as group of posters and Duke fans, a portion of which also post on DBR. We are not a sub-group of DBR.

2. "...we wouldn't tolerate," "...we will let it go," "...for the most part, you guys do a good job of restraining yourselves." Wow. The DBR Mods are proud of you little posters for behaving of late!

3. "Since then, things have been mostly copacetic..." I'd say they've been VERY copacetic. I still visit DBR. I'm not angry with them. The very fact he chose this word suggests there's been some harnoogany feelings on the mod's end. Why would things NOT be copacetic?

4. "...like EarlJam, (when he) moved to Crazietalk voluntarilly or not." Just to set the record straight. It was voluntarily. Too high maintenence for me! ;)

5. Thanks for the free publicity! Posters can either go through the multi-step process of expressing themselves on DBR, in hopes of not "getting their hands slapped" by the Mods (heck, they may even get a compliment like, "You've done a good job at restraining yourself!"), or, they can just join here and enjoy the freedom of stress-free posting!

This is family. This is home. CTN and all the CrazieTalkers ROCK! VIBES!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam

P.S. As to the "Us vs. Them" thing, yeah, it's there, but honestly, not nearly as much as when the site was first created. No ill will here (well, you know, not to a level of, well, you know) ;) Kind of like the U.S. and Soviets right after WWII. Yes, we are still Allies, but Truman's not exactly inviting Stalin to his Tupperware party.
Last edited by EarlJam on August 1st, 2010, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
indoor66
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by indoor66 » August 1st, 2010, 5:54 pm

I just looked and I have 100 points and two :tools-spork: :tools-spork:. That system really sucks.
If you give up your dream, YOU DIE.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 1st, 2010, 5:57 pm

indoor66 wrote:I just looked and I have 100 points and two :tools-spork: :tools-spork:. That system really sucks.
I (well, my alter ego OY, Merlindevildog91) just approved of your Salt review comment, so you should have a couple more points.

It's an idiotic system....Over here we give sapphires :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 5:57 pm

indoor66 wrote:I just looked and I have 100 points and two :tools-spork: :tools-spork:. That system really sucks.
Would you like some more points? I don't know how to give you sporks.
=)) :)) :)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 1st, 2010, 5:59 pm

Something to consider OY.
Over the past week, there have been a whopping total of 40 posts in the LTE. 4 of these were Sue posting pics from the USA Vegas game. 2 posts were from my demented brain.
This is a sad lack of contribution from a group that has built the most followed thread outside of anything having to do with the recruitment of some dude named 'John Wall'.
Are they on a decline of readership? I'm thinking about their motivations.
Ideas? :-?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 6:01 pm

EarlJam wrote:Wow. Oh Wow.

Much more on this later. But a couple of quick thoughts from JBDuke's post:

1. "...it's mostly formed by a small group of active posters..." (No, it exists as group of posters and Duke fans, a portion of which also post on DBR. We are not a sub-group of DBR.

2. "...we wouldn't tolerate," "...we will let it go," "...for the most part, you guys do a good job of restraining yourselves." Wow. The DBR Mods are proud of you little posters for behaving of late!

3. "Since then, things have been mostly copacetic..." I'd say they've been VERY copacetic. I still visit DBR. I'm not angry with them. The very fact he chose this word suggests there's been some harnoogany feelings on the mod's end. Why would things NOT be copacetic?

4. "...like EarlJam, (when he) moved to Crazietalk voluntarilly or not." Just to set the record straight. It was voluntarily. Too high maintenence for me! ;)

5. Thanks for the free publicity! Posters can either go through the multi-step process of expressing themselves on DBR, in hopes of not "getting their hands slapped" by the Mods (heck, they may even get a compliment like, "You've done a good job at restraining yourself!"), or, they can just join here and enjoy the freedom of stress-free posting!

This is family. This is home. CTN and all the CrazieTalkers ROCK! VIBES!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
BTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARNOOGANY?!?! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The Atlanta Mafia lives!!
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 1st, 2010, 6:01 pm

captmojo wrote:Are they on a decline of readership? I'm thinking about their motivations.
Gotta be.

-EJ
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 6:02 pm

captmojo wrote:Something to consider OY.
Over the past week, there have been a whopping total of 40 posts in the LTE. 4 of these were Sue posting pics from the USA Vegas game. 2 posts were from my demented brain.
This is a sad lack of contribution from a group that has built the most followed thread outside of anything having to do with the recruitment of some dude named 'John Wall'.
Are they on a decline of readership? I'm thinking about their motivations.
Who is John Wall? Has he been banned from OY? Does he have any reputation points?
;)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 1st, 2010, 6:02 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe, when I went from 98 to 104 reputation points, I went from one :spork: to two :spork: :spork:

I guess it's a :spork: added for every 100 points. But who knows. ~X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 6:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe, when I went from 98 to 104 reputation points, I went from one :spork: to two :spork: :spork:

I guess it's a :spork: added for every 100 points. But who knows. ~X(
I make it a practice of mine not to spork anybody, nor do I give anyone a case of the sporks.

But I'll be glad to give points to people! :happy-bouncyblue:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 1st, 2010, 6:07 pm

I don't know how many points JW has....but I've got 80 without much trying. Only one spork. L-)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 1st, 2010, 6:14 pm

Compared to some folks, :tools-spork: :tools-spork: is an embarrasment of riches. :)) I think it's interesting how some mods have a billion and others only have two.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 1st, 2010, 6:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Dang, they took away the introduction thread. I was enjoying Jarhead and DD's smilie tutorial. =))
Heck, I missed it. Dang. Wonder why the thread was taken away? :)) :)) =)) =))
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 1st, 2010, 6:23 pm

And just to be clear, OY would (according to the post), have you think that CrazieTalk.net was formed so that adults could have a place to talk about farting, dinner, shoes, sex, shaving of private areas, favorite color of panties, and sensless inquiries and polls about when was the last time you vomited, bled, peed yourself, got decked, got decked out, french-kissed a canteloupe and so on.

Don't get me wrong, we, or at least I, AM about that too. ;)

But this place, as anyone who has been here a while will attest to, is about much, much, MUCH more than that. We are a commuinity who is always there for each other, offering support for each other. We are the bar down on the corner. "Cheers, or 'Cheerio!' by the way."

We could have a seperate thread on how the "Vibes" and prayers and so forth have helped us through some pretty damned tough personal times.

Also, during football and basketball seasons especially, the chats, the posts, the CHATS and the chats.....and posts during games are TOP QUALITY WIZZLEGONGLING FUN! And yes, this includes the tailgating at football games. This entire winter was a blast. We KNOW Duke and Duke sports. There is a lot of good information to be gained here as well.

It goes beyond the silly, but the silly, comical, and humorous is definitely a welcome part here. We like to think of laughter as generally a good thing. As long as it is does not purposely offend to the extreme (e.g., jokes about race.........or racing (we have NASCAR fans here).

Anyway, just had to say that. Well, write that. I did it in a hurry so forgive any gramar errors. I'm out to head back home (been away for the last 1.5 days).

With deep and passionate love,

-EarlJam
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 1st, 2010, 6:31 pm

EarlJam wrote:...french-kissed a canteloupe and so on.
Dang...I missed out on that thread.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 1st, 2010, 6:47 pm

This is for you EJ: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :-BD :-BD :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: and more :ymhug: :duke: and, as Ima would say,

Love, Nancy

ps: more :ymhug:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2010, 6:51 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
EarlJam wrote:...french-kissed a canteloupe and so on.
Dang...I missed out on that thread.
We could start that one up if you really miss it. :D :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 1st, 2010, 8:26 pm

captmojo wrote:Everyone has their times that they must vent in one fashion or another,
I, for one, am glad there's a place where EJ can go,(as well as the rest of us) in order to turn loose such a demon of worry as shitting at the dinner table. We all know how painful that can be. :twitch:
:spork: :spork: + :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: