O Madagascar: Sacred Beach Lemurs 2010

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: O Madagascar: Sacred Beach Lemurs 2010

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 25th, 2010, 8:21 am

Lavabe wrote:I'm in my hotel room, catching up on a few items, hoping to interview a few more folks.

Anyway, the French TF1 channel is on, and I am now stumped by the following questions:
Why do the French like Jennifer Love Hewitt?
Why do the French like Johnny Hallyday?
Cleavage. B-) :-BD \:d/ Same reason I like her!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2010, 9:55 am

TF1 is now showing the French version of Candid Camera.
:Boo:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 25th, 2010, 10:05 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:I'm in my hotel room, catching up on a few items, hoping to interview a few more folks.

Anyway, the French TF1 channel is on, and I am now stumped by the following questions:
Why do the French like Jennifer Love Hewitt?
Why do the French like Johnny Hallyday?
Cleavage. B-) :-BD \:d/ Same reason I like her!
Jerry Lewis doesn't have cleavage.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2010, 11:09 am

Oh yeah... CSI: Miami, only in France, it's called LES EXPERTS: MIAMI!!

And the French dub for Caruso in the opening has Caruso's timing and inflection down perfectly.

"It wasn't a SHARK that killed her. It was... a MAN..."
[Cut to the Roger Daltrey scream, and opening credits]

You can't make up this stuff!

And after LES EXPERTS comes the French equivalent of BIG BROTHER, called "SECRET STORY."
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymparty: %-(
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2010, 11:23 am

So yes, I've decided to change my avatar, as I've been working on photos this afternoon. I have loads of Sanford's lemur photos to parse through, but I decided to make this Sanford's male my avatar.

The crowned lemur avatar will be put in storage for a little bit.
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » July 27th, 2010, 10:49 pm

devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote: I think I need a good 20 hour sleep.
Cheers,
Lavabe
"I think I need a good 20 hour sleep."

Who do you think you are, ILJ?

:)) =))
HAHAHAHA. Ok, now, I resent -I mean resemble- that remark. :)) :)) i-) i-) i-)

ILJ
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » July 27th, 2010, 11:04 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Lavabe wrote:oH YEAH... I'm down to 224 pounds. Would have been under my target had I been at the last site another week. Beans. lentils, and rice. Ymm.
Sign me up for this trip. I need the Madagascar diet!
When I came back from my 7-months in Mad-land with Ben in 1991, one of my friends said "Well, that was the most expensive diet you have ever been on!". Believe me, it only works if you actually go there.
ILJ
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » July 27th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Dear friends,
I'm so sorry I never got on CrazieTalk this summer. Once I leave my office at the end of the day, I rarely go back upstairs. Since that is where the computers are, I don't get back on that day. The iPhone is what I use downstairs and it would take way too long to get onto this site and try to read through it on that small screen.

I have enjoyed reading through the 2010 Madagascar thread and seeing all your comments and various conversations. I loved everyone standing up for me getting the sapphires. Ben had me pegged on that one though. I really didn't want him to spend the money. My only hesitation came when he told me that each one was a carat though. That started me thinking... But in the end, we said no. Heck, my ears are currently closed up anyhow as I stopped wearing earrings because they made my ears itch - even the 24K gold post ones!

My favorite response for the "what to bring ILJ" posts was DevilDeac's vote for THB. You are hilarious!! :D

So, it's the night before Lavabe gets home tomorrow. I've been out filling up his car, getting some veggies and fruits at his favorite stand, buying his favorite high-fiber cereals, and getting his lovely pooch bathed and all ready for her master. Now, I have to balance the checkbook. LL and I are excited that he is coming home. She's trying to finish her summer reading book for High School - The Iliad. Georgia is downstairs sleeping, resting up for all the playing and walking she'll start having tomorrow.

I've not heard from Lavabe tonight, so that means he was not able to get bumped. Let's hope he was at least able to get an improved seat. He arrives in Atlanta tomorrow morning at 6:45. I'm guessing I'll be awakened soon after that. He gets to Lexington at 12:15.

And finally in my one true post on Lavabe's site this summer, I will leave a special wish for my husband in the form of emoticons. :-* :-* :x :x

ILJ
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 28th, 2010, 12:34 am

ILoveJimmy wrote:Dear friends,
I'm so sorry I never got on CrazieTalk this summer. Once I leave my office at the end of the day, I rarely go back upstairs. Since that is where the computers are, I don't get back on that day. The iPhone is what I use downstairs and it would take way too long to get onto this site and try to read through it on that small screen.

I have enjoyed reading through the 2010 Madagascar thread and seeing all your comments and various conversations. I loved everyone standing up for me getting the sapphires. Ben had me pegged on that one though. I really didn't want him to spend the money. My only hesitation came when he told me that each one was a carat though. That started me thinking... But in the end, we said no. Heck, my ears are currently closed up anyhow as I stopped wearing earrings because they made my ears itch - even the 24K gold post ones!

My favorite response for the "what to bring ILJ" posts was DevilDeac's vote for THB. You are hilarious!! :D

So, it's the night before Lavabe gets home tomorrow. I've been out filling up his car, getting some veggies and fruits at his favorite stand, buying his favorite high-fiber cereals, and getting his lovely pooch bathed and all ready for her master. Now, I have to balance the checkbook. LL and I are excited that he is coming home. She's trying to finish her summer reading book for High School - The Iliad. Georgia is downstairs sleeping, resting up for all the playing and walking she'll start having tomorrow.

I've not heard from Lavabe tonight, so that means he was not able to get bumped. Let's hope he was at least able to get an improved seat. He arrives in Atlanta tomorrow morning at 6:45. I'm guessing I'll be awakened soon after that. He gets to Lexington at 12:15.

And finally in my one true post on Lavabe's site this summer, I will leave a special wish for my husband in the form of emoticons. :-* :-* :x :x

ILJ
Great post ILJ. Thanks for sharing...safe travels home for Lavabe! :wizard: :wizard:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 28th, 2010, 5:27 am

ILJ, I love your post. Safe travels for everyone as Lavabe comes home to his girls.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 28th, 2010, 7:01 am

I know that you're so excited to see your beloved Lavabe. Safe travels to him!

Have fun celebrating his homecoming!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 28th, 2010, 7:37 am

ILJ, thanks for posting this. Vibes and prayers for safe travel for Lavabe!
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 28th, 2010, 7:57 am

ILoveJimmy wrote:Dear friends,

ILJ
:Clap: ^:)^

PS-If he ends up bringing home the sapphires and you don't want them, I have a check or cash waiting ;;) . And if you accept the sapphires, congratulations, and, can I have the Three Horses Beer as a consolation prize? :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » July 28th, 2010, 8:23 am

Ben is back safely on American soil. He called me from Atlanta at 7:50 this morning.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 28th, 2010, 8:28 am

ILoveJimmy wrote:Ben is back safely on American soil. He called me from Atlanta at 7:50 this morning.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 28th, 2010, 8:55 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ILoveJimmy wrote:Ben is back safely on American soil. He called me from Atlanta at 7:50 this morning.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause:
:ymparty: \:d/
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 28th, 2010, 9:03 am

Ya, Ben is almost home. :) I loved your post. Hope we get to met this year at one of the Brunchgates.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 28th, 2010, 9:42 am

B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 28th, 2010, 10:24 am

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 28th, 2010, 11:09 am

captmojo wrote:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
ditto
I worship the Blue Devil!