LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » May 23rd, 2009, 12:31 pm

Car has a little over 90 miles and averaging 35.4mpg. :D
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 23rd, 2009, 12:34 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
Shammrog wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I'm ready to pass the big head on today, who wants it?

Suddenly I'm thinking it's a shame Shammrog doesn't post in this thread, does he read it? I guess we will find out.
Did someone around here say "head?"...
Oh Shammrog, what would I do without you? You do not disappoint.

DinK - Congrats! Road trip to Boston?
Probably not in the car. During girls weekend in Chicago last November, we talked about repeating in 2009 and Boston was mentioned. If we do it, I'll be asking for suggestions for things to do and places to eat.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 23rd, 2009, 2:02 pm

TillyGalore wrote:K68 and I are painting the ceiling the living room, then we'll paint the walls. Hopefully by tomorrow night, my living room will be done (painting, furniture arranging, and decorating). :D :D
Ceiling is done. We are now going to work on the walls.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 23rd, 2009, 2:16 pm

Toasted english muffin w/ peanut butter rocked for breakfast today. \m/
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 23rd, 2009, 5:19 pm

TillyGalore wrote:K68 and I are painting the ceiling the living room, then we'll paint the walls. Hopefully by tomorrow night, my living room will be done (painting, furniture arranging, and decorating). :D :D
I hope the advice I was able to offer on your "problem" got you started on the way to a solution.

Hint to others: don't try to put latex paint over oil based paint. It blisters. :o
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 23rd, 2009, 6:12 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I hope the advice I was able to offer on your "problem" got you started on the way to a solution.

Hint to others: don't try to put latex paint over oil based paint. It blisters. :o
Yes, your advice worked. Thank you for answering your phone and helping.

I called Home Depot and they told me Sherwin Williams makes an oil based paint. Went to Sherwin Williams and they sold me 2 gallons of paint the same color as I was using. The living room is half done. We are in a rhythm, K68 is doing a wall then I go behind him and do the parts at the top and bottom. We should be done within a few hours. The previous walls we did did not have an oil based paint, thus thought I was okay. Oh well. Thank God it was an easy, though costly fix. The nice think is that I got a discount on the paints. Oh, and am wearing my Duke football shirt which may helped in that department. Guess it does pay to love Duke and live in Durham. ;)
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 23rd, 2009, 6:18 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

I called Home Depot and they told me Sherwin Williams makes an oil based paint. Went to Sherwin Williams and they sold me 2 gallons of paint the same color as I was using. The living room is half done. We are in a rhythm, K68 is doing a wall then I go behind him and do the parts at the top and bottom. We should be done within a few hours. The previous walls we did did not have an oil based paint, thus thought I was okay. Oh well. Thank God it was an easy, though costly fix. The nice think is that I got a discount on the paints. Oh, and am wearing my Duke football shirt which may helped in that department. Guess it does pay to love Duke and live in Durham. ;)
Was primer involved? Does it make a difference?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 23rd, 2009, 7:23 pm

Sue71 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Was primer involved? Does it make a difference?
When Tilly called this afternoon asking if I knew why her paint was blistering/bubbling, I had no idea, but I asked my friends whom I was having lunch with and they did! Sort of like asking the OT (or CrazieTalk) board folks for advice - somebody here knows the right answer! Can't put larex over oil based paint. They did say that using the right primer first might solve the problem, so ask your paint store for advice, and try a small sample spot FIRST if you have any doubts! I take it that the new apartment will be painted soon?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 23rd, 2009, 7:48 pm

I'm sure it will be once the current folks move out. I get to have an accent wall painted, as long as I provide the paint. Have to figure out furniture placement, etc, then see if I want to do it and then what color. Ah, stuff to be decided later on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 23rd, 2009, 10:43 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

The living room is done!! I don't even have the energy for a woo hoo. Tomorrow, I will be putting the room back together and decorating. Next up, the dining room. That is much smaller thus will be easier to do.

Kitties were locked up all day and were not happy about it. Though they have run of the house again, I think they are back in the bedroom.

Sue, no primer was involved as the walls were already white.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 10:55 pm

Denver's professional basketball team should get a sponsorship from Nestle or somebody and rename themselves the Nougats.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 10:58 pm

And Chris Andersen's tattoos are quite interesting to look at in HD.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 10:59 pm

Also, I prepared some delicious sliders today. I will be having sliders for approximately the next four to six meals.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 10:59 pm

Anybody got any recommendations for good breakfast slider recipes?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 11:00 pm

I bought "Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga" on Wii the other day, but I'm scared to start playing it, because I figure it will captivate me for several days.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 11:01 pm

So I'll just try to hold off on that for a little longer.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 11:01 pm

I may or may not make it to church in the morning.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 11:03 pm

Walter looks awfully snuggly and cute on the couch right now.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 11:03 pm

I'll probably let him sleep with me tonight, since I got nice new A/C today. And because he's sweet.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 11:04 pm

This makes ten.