LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 2:46 pm

cl15876 wrote:
The new ones aren't too bad, but I still want the 65, 66, or 67! That was the real car (aka vehicle)! :D
My first car was a '65 hardtop. Metallic blue, dangerously close to carolina blue actually. :o
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 22nd, 2009, 4:47 pm

My first car was boring. '88 Camry, light blue, but not Carolina blue. It was a good college car though. My dad bought it new, then gave it to me in '93 when I went to college, so it was in really good shape. My second car, which I bought new as a graduation present to myself when I graduated from Duke in '97, is my british racing green with tan interior '97 BMW Z3, which I still have. It's got about 45K miles on it, and it's in pretty good shape. I love that car.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 22nd, 2009, 4:50 pm

OK, I thought about this earlier. We need a "What was your first car?" thread. I'll start it momentarily!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 22nd, 2009, 6:44 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:OK, I thought about this earlier. We need a "What was your first car?" thread. I'll start it momentarily!
A man true to his word...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 8:57 pm

Slow night. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was Friday night or something...
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 22nd, 2009, 9:08 pm

wilson wrote:Slow night. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was Friday night or something...

On a holiday weekend.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 22nd, 2009, 9:10 pm

Sue71 wrote:
wilson wrote:Slow night. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was Friday night or something...

On a holiday weekend.
Or both! =)) =)) =))

wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 9:19 pm

And yet, here we are. I'm actually rather enjoying a quiet night at home. I got pretty rowdy last night, and my brother is out of town at a wedding, so the house, television, and La-Z-Boy are mine.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 22nd, 2009, 9:22 pm

wilson wrote:And yet, here we are. I'm actually rather enjoying a quiet night at home. I got pretty rowdy last night, and my brother is out of town at a wedding, so the house, television, and La-Z-Boy are mine.
Well, ok...the La-Z-Boy is half Walter's at the moment. I'm pretty well certain that there is no more perfect person + dog chair in the world than this one.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 22nd, 2009, 9:25 pm

I had a full day. I was in court for 2 hours this morning, and then went back at 1:30. We didn't get out until 7:30 tonight. I'm exhausted, and all I was doing was observing and listening to a case similar to one I'm handling.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 22nd, 2009, 9:51 pm

CathyCA wrote:I had a full day. I was in court for 2 hours this morning, and then went back at 1:30. We didn't get out until 7:30 tonight. I'm exhausted, and all I was doing was observing and listening to a case similar to one I'm handling.
Did/will it help your case any?

Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 22nd, 2009, 10:00 pm

So get this. My cell rings this afternoon. I don't know the # but it's a 626 area code so I think maybe it's the new apartment complex, so I answer it. Turns out it's the woman who's a friend of a friend telling me the sale of her condo fell through and am I still interested in renting it... ugh.

I decided to stick with my original gut instinct and go with the one I posted earlier. I for once went with my gut, plus I'd be out $199 for the now non-refundable deposit if I'd changed my mind anyway. Also, she is looking to move back to LA County in a few years, so I don't want to have to go through this again if she winds up moving back.

(Honestly, if I could take the kitchen & bed & baths from the one I posted and the living & dining from her place, that would be awesome. LOL)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 22nd, 2009, 10:38 pm

I am glad OZ picked up on that "1st Car" Opportunity, Wilson Nice play, Oz - you are so damn quick!

I have got my little man bathed and he is out and put my daughter to sleep also! Both out by 930pm! Tomorrow is a big day, cutting down and trimming trees, my girl is coming :-), planting squash and zucchini plants after I till up a little area I have allotted for them, my girl is coming :-), then some lunch, then meeting bjornolf to play at the playground and then some supper, then some swimming and hopefully the kids will be worn out by then...... and I think the adults will also be! :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 23rd, 2009, 7:57 am

cl15876 wrote:I am glad OZ picked up on that "1st Car" Opportunity, Wilson Nice play, Oz - you are so damn quick!

I have got my little man bathed and he is out and put my daughter to sleep also! Both out by 930pm! Tomorrow is a big day, cutting down and trimming trees, my girl is coming :-), planting squash and zucchini plants after I till up a little area I have allotted for them, my girl is coming :-), then some lunch, then meeting bjornolf to play at the playground and then some supper, then some swimming and hopefully the kids will be worn out by then...... and I think the adults will also be! :D
Even on this board, I self redacted my entire post in asking a question about the above post! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Hope y'all have fun!

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2009, 8:36 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I had a full day. I was in court for 2 hours this morning, and then went back at 1:30. We didn't get out until 7:30 tonight. I'm exhausted, and all I was doing was observing and listening to a case similar to one I'm handling.
Did/will it help your case any?
YES! It was extremely helpful. I'm hoping that these people win their case, and then if I don't get my case settled, I plan on setting my case in front of this judge.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do if these people lose their case. :(( I'll have to come up with some novel theory.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 23rd, 2009, 8:45 am

I meant to ask, Cathy, what type of lawyer are you and what kind of cases do you specialize in? Are you kind of a lone wolf, or do you work for a big firm? If so, are you a partner or close to it in said firm yet? I'm always fascinated by how all that stuff works. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 23rd, 2009, 11:52 am

K68 and I are painting the ceiling the living room, then we'll paint the walls. Hopefully by tomorrow night, my living room will be done (painting, furniture arranging, and decorating). :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 23rd, 2009, 11:59 am

Painting (house painting) sucks. I loathe it with a passion.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 23rd, 2009, 12:12 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Painting (house painting) sucks. I loathe it with a passion.
Maybe you should just use a smaller brush. ;)
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 23rd, 2009, 12:30 pm

Sue71 wrote:

On a holiday weekend.
I was out showing off the new wheels. :D :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

The auto salvage folks called my home number on Friday so I the outgoing wheels are sitting in the work parking lot. There is a bit of sadness in seeing it w/o plates ready to go off to the great parking lot in the sky. :( Maybe even a few :(( . But then I'll get in the new wheels and be :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: again.
Life is good!