Response to Inside Carolina

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Response to Inside Carolina

Post by EarlJam » July 1st, 2010, 2:49 pm

Went to Inside Carolina for some laughs. They were discussing how Duke not having a player selected in the NBA draft took the sting off a bit from the Blue Devils winning a national championship. They said it proved that Coach K is a dirty, cheating coach and the players suck. Yes, I laughed. I love it. I had to reply:

"Word! Clearly Coach K is a horrible coach and knows nothing about basketball. And Duke is a horrible basketball team with extremely limited skills. Thank GOD Coach K is an equally horrible man with horrible character, or else Duke fans would have no titles to celebrate.

Doesn't matter anyway, we Duke fans don't follow Duke to watch the team play. Like you UNC fans, we only watch to see how many players will make it to the NBA. In fact, for my money, NBA Draft night kicks the pants off of National Championship Night! I love it when the draftee puts on his new team's hat! Riveting!

But yes, this year's draft night was a nut-crunching disaster. I cried for hours and threw away my 2010 National Championship banner that my crappy team won. If ONLY Singler, Plumlee and Smith would have left Duke to enter the draft, it would have been perfect. Those mother flubbers! Oh well, I suppose I'll have to take solace in the fact that more Duke players are currently living the high life and fulfilling their dreams with a career in the NBA than UNC alums - though many UNC fans are ignorant to this fact.

Here's to next year.........and hopefully another shity season!"
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Response to Inside Carolina

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 1st, 2010, 5:46 pm

EarlJam wrote:Went to Inside Carolina for some laughs. They were discussing how Duke not having a player selected in the NBA draft took the sting off a bit from the Blue Devils winning a national championship. They said it proved that Coach K is a dirty, cheating coach and the players suck. Yes, I laughed. I love it. I had to reply:

"Word! Clearly Coach K is a horrible coach and knows nothing about basketball. And Duke is a horrible basketball team with extremely limited skills. Thank GOD Coach K is an equally horrible man with horrible character, or else Duke fans would have no titles to celebrate.

Doesn't matter anyway, we Duke fans don't follow Duke to watch the team play. Like you UNC fans, we only watch to see how many players will make it to the NBA. In fact, for my money, NBA Draft night kicks the pants off of National Championship Night! I love it when the draftee puts on his new team's hat! Riveting!

But yes, this year's draft night was a nut-crunching disaster. I cried for hours and threw away my 2010 National Championship banner that my crappy team won. If ONLY Singler, Plumlee and Smith would have left Duke to enter the draft, it would have been perfect. Those mother flubbers! Oh well, I suppose I'll have to take solace in the fact that more Duke players are currently living the high life and fulfilling their dreams with a career in the NBA than UNC alums - though many UNC fans are ignorant to this fact.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 1st, 2010, 6:19 pm

:ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =)) :ymdevil: =))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 1st, 2010, 10:59 pm

And, might I add, :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 2nd, 2010, 1:36 am

My bro ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » July 2nd, 2010, 5:43 am

My standard reply to such idiotic comments from a fan of the faded blue is this: At Duke we believe in QUALITY instead of QUANTITY. And I make that comparison based on the mug shots from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police blotter which shows the tee shirts of those arrested. Around "these parts," we get a lot of practice putting down the faded blue and standing up for the royal blue!!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 2nd, 2010, 7:54 am

EarlJam wrote:Went to Inside Carolina for some laughs. They were discussing how Duke not having a player selected in the NBA draft took the sting off a bit from the Blue Devils winning a national championship. They said it proved that Coach K is a dirty, cheating coach and the players suck. Yes, I laughed. I love it. I had to reply:

That would certainly justify a permanent ban at that site. But only if they understood sarcasm.

:)) =)) :)) =))

And BTW, it's shitTy (I think).

I still love lawgrad's sig: you can't spell underachieving without u n c

What a buncha cretins.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.