The official "this morning sucks" thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The official "this morning sucks" thread

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 3rd, 2010, 10:06 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My morning will super suck. I'm working literally all night tonight, it will be nice if I finish by 8am.
We can see how hard and diligently you've been working... ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 3rd, 2010, 10:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My morning will super suck. I'm working literally all night tonight, it will be nice if I finish by 8am.
:ymhug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 3rd, 2010, 11:38 pm

Yay..the server restore is going so slow that I won't have to do anything to it until sometime mid morning tomorrow. I'm glad I'm not the company responsible for getting these folks back up and running, I'm basically just a subcontractor. The guys who ARE responsible definitely will not be having a good morning. Mine however, is looking much better. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 3rd, 2010, 11:48 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Not trying to turn this into a contest either, but I'm having an ocular migraine this morning. It started just as I turned onto the road to the office, but I got to work okay. At least I don't have headaches with them, and it's beginning to pass. I've only ever had 4; two were about six years ago, and one back in March.

Tilly, I hope you can get your tooth looked at, and get things squared away with your dental appliance.

DukeUsul, sorry about the gallstones. When is your surgery? You'll feel so much better afterward.

Vibes to both of you! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ouch! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. ARe the migraines linked to something in particular? I know someone who got ocular migraines any time he ate/drank anything containing aspartame (NutraSweet). I get headaches after ingesting aspartame, too.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » June 4th, 2010, 5:47 am

so sorry I didn't see any of this yesterday, but I'm sending vibes to all of you. Here's hoping that today is a MUCH better day for everybody!
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 4th, 2010, 5:54 am

You may or may not be able to get a free donut today at Dunkin' or Krispy Kreme. At least that is what the web is saying. That should improve the morning a bit...
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 4th, 2010, 9:51 am

shereec wrote:so sorry I didn't see any of this yesterday, but I'm sending vibes to all of you. Here's hoping that today is a MUCH better day for everybody!
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Me either/too.
I get to meet a roofer today, coming over to contract a job for the other dude that did a screwed up job last year and doesn't want to return to set it right. I'm certain this guy will want to rip it all off and re-do. Hot damn!

I gotta go fishin'. :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 4th, 2010, 9:58 am

If there are any vibes left over after having gone to work on the migraines, and teeth and computers, I could use some for getting my blood pressure down. I guess all the stress has finally broken down this old battle axe. It's registering over 150 and holding. I've always been proud of a 110 reading. Boo. I guess mediCAtion's in my future.But, first I'm heading in for mediTAtion. @-) Breathe, breathe, breathe.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 4th, 2010, 10:03 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:If there are any vibes left over after having gone to work on the migraines, and teeth and computers, I could use some for getting my blood pressure down. I guess all the stress has finally broken down this old battle axe. It's registering over 150 and holding. I've always been proud of a 110 reading. Boo. I guess mediCAtion's in my future.But, first I'm heading in for mediTAtion. @-) Breathe, breathe, breathe.
Love, Ima
Just keep watching the game-winng goal from the LAX champeenship game. It'll calm things down.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 4th, 2010, 10:04 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:If there are any vibes left over after having gone to work on the migraines, and teeth and computers, I could use some for getting my blood pressure down. I guess all the stress has finally broken down this old battle axe. It's registering over 150 and holding. I've always been proud of a 110 reading. Boo. I guess mediCAtion's in my future.But, first I'm heading in for mediTAtion. @-) Breathe, breathe, breathe.
Love, Ima
Sending major ass vibes to you that your BP goes down.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Could your BP be up due to all the renovations going on in your home?
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 4th, 2010, 10:18 am

Love, Ima
Big time vibes to get your BP down. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 4th, 2010, 10:22 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Not trying to turn this into a contest either, but I'm having an ocular migraine this morning. It started just as I turned onto the road to the office, but I got to work okay. At least I don't have headaches with them, and it's beginning to pass. I've only ever had 4; two were about six years ago, and one back in March.

Tilly, I hope you can get your tooth looked at, and get things squared away with your dental appliance.

DukeUsul, sorry about the gallstones. When is your surgery? You'll feel so much better afterward.

Vibes to both of you! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ouch! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. ARe the migraines linked to something in particular? I know someone who got ocular migraines any time he ate/drank anything containing aspartame (NutraSweet). I get headaches after ingesting aspartame, too.
Thanks, AD. I get headaches if I ingest massive quantities of Diet Coke, but the migraines are probably just stress-related. The first two came about the time my first marriage went in the tank; yesterday was a highly stressful day at the salt mine. I went to the doctor after the first two, but I haven't been this time. Doubt I'll go unless I have them more often than every 3 months or unless they start interfering with my quality of life. It's weird; my head never hurts. I just see strange lights in patterns or a small light spot that blots out everything behind it.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 4th, 2010, 9:21 pm

It's the weekend. Lets hope we all can chill, relax, recuperate and be our usual perky, albeit obnoxious, selves by Monday! Actually, I think we may all just be in withdrawal. We need games on the gridiron or the hardwood or the LAX field to keep us at peak performance!
Love, Ima
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » June 5th, 2010, 7:22 am

Many vibes for relaxing, healing, calm and everyone finding their happy places.
I'm going to go buy lax NC shirts today. It makes me very happy to wear Duke NC stuff (or any Duke stuff) and watch people not comment on them, except for other Duke fans. There's one lady who works at my Kroger who hollers "Duke is in the house!" every time I come in. Happy.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 6th, 2010, 9:42 am

shereec wrote: There's one lady who works at my Kroger who hollers "Duke is in the house!" every time I come in. Happy.
I love it! :D B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 6th, 2010, 10:08 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
shereec wrote: There's one lady who works at my Kroger who hollers "Duke is in the house!" every time I come in. Happy.
I love it! :D B-)
That would NEVER happen in ANY establishment here on the dump hump! We're lucky they don't throw their rotten eggs at us!
Love, Ima