PWing School Endowed Professor

Men's Lacrosse Final Four

Post by YmoBeThere » May 18th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Anyone in the Boston area going?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Men's Lacrosse Final Four

Post by devildeac » May 18th, 2009, 10:30 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Anyone in the Boston area going?
You need to contact BD and Mr. BD.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » May 19th, 2009, 8:27 am

I've looked into it and you have to buy the whole ticket package (both semis and finals) at $93 a pop. Hmmm, hubby is out of town on Saturday so that makes me driving 4 kids to Foxborough at a cost of $465 plus gas and parking. Is it worth it? You tell me. I'll think about it.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 19th, 2009, 9:55 am

Bostondevil wrote:I've looked into it and you have to buy the whole ticket package (both semis and finals) at $93 a pop. Hmmm, hubby is out of town on Saturday so that makes me driving 4 kids to Foxborough at a cost of $465 plus gas and parking. Is it worth it? You tell me. I'll think about it.
I'd watch on TV. That's damned expensive.

Unless Ymo's buying...

BWAHAHAHA!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 19th, 2009, 10:05 am

I have strong concerns about Ymo and BD going to the game Saturday. The last time they both went to a Duke game, Duke lost. I love you guys and would do anything for you, but please don't go to this game. As Crash Davis would note, you don't mess with a streak.
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 19th, 2009, 11:18 am

TillyGalore wrote:I have strong concerns about Ymo and BD going to the game Saturday. The last time they both went to a Duke game, Duke lost. I love you guys and would do anything for you, but please don't go to this game. As Crash Davis would note, you don't mess with a streak.
I strongly concur. Plus, $31 per game for a sport that...let's be honest...none of us really knows that much about seems pretty steep, especially when you can stay home and see it in fabulous HD from your couch, with booze.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 19th, 2009, 4:00 pm

Wow, where is the confidence folks? I thought about going to last year's Final Four(also here in Foxboro)but didn't. And we lost...I recognize my own insigificance in determining the outcome of various sporting events. With that said, I have purchased my tickets via the Duke ticket office. $105 for some reason, not sure what the extra $12 was for. I didn't ask.

FWIW, booze has little to no impact on my decision making processes...shocking but true.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 19th, 2009, 4:14 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Hmmm, hubby is out of town on Saturday so that makes me driving 4 kids to Foxborough at a cost of $465 plus gas and parking. Is it worth it? You tell me. I'll think about it.
Parking is included in the ticket price according to the 2009 NCAA Lacrosse Final Four website.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 19th, 2009, 4:52 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Wow, where is the confidence folks? I thought about going to last year's Final Four(also here in Foxboro)but didn't. And we lost...I recognize my own insigificance in determining the outcome of various sporting events. With that said, I have purchased my tickets via the Duke ticket office. $105 for some reason, not sure what the extra $12 was for. I didn't ask.

FWIW, booze has little to no impact on my decision making processes...shocking but true.

Okay!!! But if they lose, guess who will be getting a kick in the shins? ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 19th, 2009, 6:23 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Wow, where is the confidence folks? I thought about going to last year's Final Four(also here in Foxboro)but didn't. And we lost...I recognize my own insigificance in determining the outcome of various sporting events. With that said, I have purchased my tickets via the Duke ticket office. $105 for some reason, not sure what the extra $12 was for. I didn't ask.

Thank you for your support!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 20th, 2009, 8:02 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Hmmm, hubby is out of town on Saturday so that makes me driving 4 kids to Foxborough at a cost of $465 plus gas and parking. Is it worth it? You tell me. I'll think about it.
Parking is included in the ticket price according to the 2009 NCAA Lacrosse Final Four website.

Not really selling it well, am I? But with the the women's tennis news, can you miss out on this opportunity?
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 20th, 2009, 11:00 am

SOOOO many places to be at once right now! Along with Boston how about the DBAP this weekend? We're meeting up with the Heels again. I sure hate to miss that! Anybody showing up there? The place will be swarming in light blue. Our guys will need the few, the proud. :ymapplause:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 20th, 2009, 11:46 am

If I lived closer, I'd go with you. Just can't swing it from Kansas right now. Cheer for me!

LGD!
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 20th, 2009, 4:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

If I lived closer, I'd go with you. Just can't swing it from Kansas right now. Cheer for me!

LGD!
I'd rather he cheer for the LAX team. :roll: ;)
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 22nd, 2009, 7:44 pm

Yes, I will be cheering for the LAX team.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 23rd, 2009, 1:11 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Thank you for your support!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Not looking too good right now...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 23rd, 2009, 4:27 pm

Kick away!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 23rd, 2009, 6:43 pm

FWIW, booze has little to no impact on my decision making processes...shocking but true.[/quote]

Okay!!! But if they lose, guess who will be getting a kick in the shins? ;) ;)[/quote]

Thank you for your support!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))[/quote]
Not looking too good right now...[/quote]

Bad luck/fan, Ymo, bad luck/fan... :roll: :oops:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 24th, 2009, 6:54 am

devildeac wrote:FWIW, booze has little to no impact on my decision making processes...shocking but true.

Okay!!! But if they lose, guess who will be getting a kick in the shins? ;) ;)[/quote]

Bad luck/fan, Ymo, bad luck/fan... :roll: :oops:[/quote]

Yes, it has kindly been requested that I no longer attend any Duke sporting events in the Boston area. I went to a couple ACC Championships while I lived in Greensboro and we were able to win those. I blame Boston and not myself.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 24th, 2009, 3:33 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:FWIW, booze has little to no impact on my decision making processes...shocking but true.

Bad luck/fan, Ymo, bad luck/fan... :roll: :oops:[/quote]

Yes, it has kindly been requested that I no longer attend any Duke sporting events in the Boston area. I went to a couple ACC Championships while I lived in Greensboro and we were able to win those. I blame Boston and not myself.[/quote]

BANNED! In Boston ;)