Virginia's Lacrosse Scandal

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Virginia's Lacrosse Scandal

Post by captmojo » May 7th, 2010, 9:05 pm

The sport, I believe, doesn't breed the violence that translates to the crime of murder. I don't see a exceptional amount of players from one sport, as opposed to another, being reported as involved in this crime. Maybe our resident prosecutor has stats to offer.
Lacrosse, time was, was an activity for football players to keep in shape during the off-season. It has risen far above that status, deservedly so.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Virginia's Lacrosse Scandal

Post by lawgrad91 » May 7th, 2010, 9:41 pm

captmojo wrote:The sport, I believe, doesn't breed the violence that translates to the crime of murder. I don't see a exceptional amount of players from one sport, as opposed to another, being reported as involved in this crime. Maybe our resident prosecutor has stats to offer.
Lacrosse, time was, was an activity for football players to keep in shape during the off-season. It has risen far above that status, deservedly so.
We do have a few ex-football players involved in serious things from time to time, but it's usually a function of their upbringing, neighborhood, associates, etc. Sports isn't enough to pull some kids out of the muck, unfortunately.

I don't have any figures to offer at this point, but I'll mosey around the office on Monday and see if there are any stats on athletes and crimes.
Iron Duke #1471997.