LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » May 19th, 2009, 11:37 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: There is a lot to be said for trusting your gut. I usually spend more time thinking about a big purchase than I do in the actually looking to buying phase. I like the floor plan.
Me, I just ask fellow crazietalkers which t-shirt I should buy.
Place looks great, Sue. Congrats!
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » May 19th, 2009, 11:37 pm

Speaking of big purchases, had my piano guy out for a tuning today. He's helping me nurse the piano along and we can probably get another 3-5 years out of it, but it's not in good shape. I'm starting to look at used baby grands.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 19th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Speaking of big purchases, had my piano guy out for a tuning today. He's helping me nurse the piano along and we can probably get another 3-5 years out of it, but it's not in good shape. I'm starting to look at used baby grands.
That's pretty darned cool.
What does one do with a no longer functional piano? Just junk it?
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 19th, 2009, 11:41 pm

wilson wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Speaking of big purchases, had my piano guy out for a tuning today. He's helping me nurse the piano along and we can probably get another 3-5 years out of it, but it's not in good shape. I'm starting to look at used baby grands.
Can it be donated to a school or something like that, provided it's still functional (but maybe not in great shape, in tune exactly, etc)?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 19th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Sue71 wrote:
wilson wrote:
Can it be donated to a school or something like that, provided it's still functional (but maybe not in great shape, in tune exactly, etc)?
I think we should find an out-of-work cartoon character and pool some funds to let us drop it on him.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 19th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Anything new today?

Anyone walk the plank today? :ymparty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 20th, 2009, 12:00 am

Lavabe wrote:Anything new today?

Anyone walk the plank today? :ymparty:
Dude...we have a lemur thread! Get on it!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 20th, 2009, 12:19 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Proud Aunt here - needing to brag about some of the nieces & nephews.

Alex was elected Prom King last night. I can't wait to see pictures of him in his tux with his "boot" on the broken foot. He also has received 2 scholarships for college in the fall. And after taking pictures with dates etc for the prom, he came up to his mom and wanted a picture with her.

Sam was elected to the National Honor Society.

Alex, Sam, & Elizabeth all want me to come for more than just a few days for graduation - way to suck up to the spinster aunt in the family. I love my family.
Congratulations, Auntie! Your nieces and nephews sound like they're wonderful kids.
Thanks. Yes, they are wonderful. As are the 7 other, older, nieces and nephews. No kids of my own but I make up for it by bragging on the nieces and nephews.
And continuing the theme of bragging on my nieces and nephews, my oldest niece, Michelle, is getting a new gig: http://www.espnmediazone.com/press_rele ... eases.html
The show debuts on 7/6/09 at 4pm. \:D/
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 20th, 2009, 12:39 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
And continuing the theme of bragging on my nieces and nephews, my oldest niece, Michelle, is getting a new gig: http://www.espnmediazone.com/press_rele ... eases.html
That's really cool. I'd like to think I'll be a sports journalist in my next life. Plus, she kind of looks like Heather Locklear.
Yes, I am sketchy enough to have Googled her. :?
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 20th, 2009, 12:43 am

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
That's really cool. I'd like to think I'll be a sports journalist in my next life. Plus, she kind of looks like Heather Locklear.
Yes, I am sketchy enough to have Googled her. :?
She is a beautiful young lady - but I'm just a tad bit biased.

CrazieTalkers in the NY area may have already seen her as she does work for YES (Yankee Entertainment Sports network).
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 20th, 2009, 12:51 am

DukieInKansas wrote:

CrazieTalkers in the NY area may have already seen her as she does work for YES (Yankee Entertainment Sports network).
I'm not sure I'd really chalk your assessment up to bias...I think most people would agree that Heather Locklear is empirically attractive.
Anyway, that's quite an accomplishment for her and cause for celebration for your family.
Biggest news like that around here is that my bro just might be buying a house. And don't tell him I told you this, but I think his girlfriend is very much in on this endeavor, with a mutual eye toward making her more than just his girlfriend.
I told them tonight that if they got that house, I was going to change my name to Dupree and move into the basement (for the uninitiated: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463034/plotsummary ).
I think they thought I was kidding.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 20th, 2009, 1:04 am

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

I'm not sure I'd really chalk your assessment up to bias...I think most people would agree that Heather Locklear is empirically attractive.
Anyway, that's quite an accomplishment for her and cause for celebration for your family.
Biggest news like that around here is that my bro just might be buying a house. And don't tell him I told you this, but I think his girlfriend is very much in on this endeavor, with a mutual eye toward making her more than just his girlfriend.
I told them tonight that if they got that house, I was going to change my name to Dupree and move into the basement (for the uninitiated: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463034/plotsummary ).
I think they thought I was kidding.
I hope the girl friend passes the pirate inspection before they take the next step. Better to make her walk the plank now rather than after they make a more formal agreement. If she passes the pirate inspection, they need to be looking for a place with brother-in-law quarters.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 20th, 2009, 6:15 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Proud Aunt here - needing to brag about some of the nieces & nephews.

Alex was elected Prom King last night. I can't wait to see pictures of him in his tux with his "boot" on the broken foot. He also has received 2 scholarships for college in the fall. And after taking pictures with dates etc for the prom, he came up to his mom and wanted a picture with her.

Sam was elected to the National Honor Society.

Alex, Sam, & Elizabeth all want me to come for more than just a few days for graduation - way to suck up to the spinster aunt in the family. I love my family.
Congratulations, Auntie! Your nieces and nephews sound like they're wonderful kids.
Thanks. Yes, they are wonderful. As are the 7 other, older, nieces and nephews. No kids of my own but I make up for it by bragging on the nieces and nephews.

Congratulations, Auntie DinK! I Googled Michelle and she is a beautiful young woman. I'm surprised that Shammrog hasn't started a thread about her yet.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 20th, 2009, 6:24 am

CathyCA wrote:
Congratulations, Auntie DinK! I Googled Michelle and she is a beautiful young woman. I'm surprised that Shammrog hasn't started a thread about her yet.
You peeled the thoughts right off my brain. ;)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 20th, 2009, 6:34 am

DukieInKansas wrote:And continuing the theme of bragging on my nieces and nephews, my oldest niece, Michelle, is getting a new gig: http://www.espnmediazone.com/press_rele ... eases.html
Congratulations to Michelle! I did not google her, not enough time this a.m.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 20th, 2009, 7:45 am

CathyCA wrote:Congratulations, Auntie DinK! I Googled Michelle and she is a beautiful young woman. I'm surprised that Shammrog hasn't started a thread about her yet.
I'm surprise Colchar hasn't started one, since his intended seems to have escaped and run off on him. Either that or she's not posting cause she's tied up in his closet. :-o Have you checked on her lately, Windsor? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 20th, 2009, 8:48 am

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:And continuing the theme of bragging on my nieces and nephews, my oldest niece, Michelle, is getting a new gig: http://www.espnmediazone.com/press_rele ... eases.html
Congratulations to Michelle! I did not google her, not enough time this a.m.
I just googled her. Yes, she is beautiful but, I was blown away by how much she has accomplished. You go girl!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 20th, 2009, 8:52 am

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Congratulations, Auntie DinK! I Googled Michelle and she is a beautiful young woman. I'm surprised that Shammrog hasn't started a thread about her yet.
I'm surprise Colchar hasn't started one, since his intended seems to have escaped and run off on him. Either that or she's not posting cause she's tied up in his closet. :-o Have you checked on her lately, Windsor? ;)

%%-
She finished her exams and promptly took to Grandfather Mountain camping. I received two text messages within 60 seconds of each other:

The first:
We're here - looking for the campsite

The second:
WE SAW A BROWN BEAR!!!

She neglected to mention the bear was in captivity. I about had a heart attack.

This mother thing never ends does it?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » May 20th, 2009, 9:03 am

captmojo wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
You peeled the thoughts right off my brain. ;)
I almost didn't post it because I didn't want to lure anyone away from Windor's Daughter.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 20th, 2009, 9:03 am

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
She finished her exams and promptly took to Grandfather Mountain camping. I received two text messages within 60 seconds of each other:

The first:
We're here - looking for the campsite

The second:
WE SAW A BROWN BEAR!!!

She neglected to mention the bear was in captivity. I about had a heart attack.

This mother thing never ends does it?
Heh, heh, heh. I would have done the same thing to my mother. In fact, when I was in college (graduated 20 years ago today) I called my mother one morning after a night of partying and told her I'd had Sex on the Beach. Purposely neglected to put an "a" in front of sex on the beach, thus receiving the mother response. Then told her it was a drink. I'm such a bad daughter, heh heh heh.