Post by bjornolf » May 2nd, 2010, 6:09 pm

:wizard: and :YMPRAY: and :ymhug: .

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Vibes for WindsorDaughter

Post by Lavabe » May 2nd, 2010, 7:54 pm

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Vibes are a flowin'!

FWIW, we're getting the storm train that Nashville got, but fortunately no tornadoes. I think we are 5+ inches of rain in 24 hours, but that will go up as the night moves on.
Antioch got almost 13" yesterday - schools in that area are closed tomorrow - the part of the interstate that they show pictures of the house (actually its a portable bldg from a church) floating down was her exit.

I'm just relieve that good sense and experience get her from trying to drive or walk through high water.
Just saw scenes from Antioch on the Weather Channel. Loads of vibes!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 2nd, 2010, 9:02 pm

Vibes that WindsorDaughter gets back to her place safe sound. Many, many, many thanks for the friends who rescued her. What a blessing they both are.
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 2nd, 2010, 9:29 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Vibes that WindsorDaughter gets back to her place safe sound. Many, many, many thanks for the friends who rescued her. What a blessing they both are.

I found out the friend (Grant) who rescued her drafted a friend of his to drive - that friend owes a towing company and they brought is flatbed (it was the highest of his trucks) so they got her and her car...safe/sound and keeping his kids entertained

He is good people. Finest kind.

She'll probably try to find her way home tomorrow afternoon.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 2nd, 2010, 9:41 pm

Good to hear that she is safe. I still have several friends in the area who have also escaped harm.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 2nd, 2010, 10:24 pm

I'm so glad your daughters safe. What an awful experience.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 2nd, 2010, 11:43 pm

Vibes and prayers to WindsorDaughter and huge hugs and thanks to the friend and his friend.
Life is good!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » May 3rd, 2010, 6:27 am

Also sending good vibes to your daughter and hope she ends up with an uneventful drive home soon. I'm so glad she's safe and with good friends. And here are hugs for you when it's time to let the shakes set in :ymhug:
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 3rd, 2010, 9:21 am

windsor wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Vibes that WindsorDaughter gets back to her place safe sound. Many, many, many thanks for the friends who rescued her. What a blessing they both are.

I found out the friend (Grant) who rescued her drafted a friend of his to drive - that friend owes a towing company and they brought is flatbed (it was the highest of his trucks) so they got her and her car...safe/sound and keeping his kids entertained

He is good people. Finest kind.

She'll probably try to find her way home tomorrow afternoon.
Isn't it great to have friends in the right places at the right time! Good for you saving up some karma! :ymhug:
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 3rd, 2010, 12:14 pm

I'm late to the thread but I am glad to hear that my wife-to-be is safe and sound despite the nasty weather. Hopefully her place of residence wasn't flooded and she can return to it asap.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 3rd, 2010, 12:17 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Vibes for her to stay safe and dry. Looks like the area is still getting pounded, or is about to be.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/s ... irect=true

Where is SuperColchar B-) when you need him for a rescue?
Now that you've posted, WHERE WERE YOU when she needed you? ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 3rd, 2010, 12:35 pm

colchar wrote:I'm late to the thread but I am glad to hear that my wife-to-be is safe and sound despite the nasty weather. Hopefully her place of residence wasn't flooded and she can return to it asap.

Her place of residence is high and dry...I believe the power is back on and she'll be headed back there today. Her place of employment however is on the river....with at least a foot of water (and sewage) in it...she'll be out of work at least a week which when you are a 22 and have just moved to a new town is NOT a good thing. Poor baby....she's having a little meltdown at the moment.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 3rd, 2010, 1:15 pm

To have a friend is to be one! I have a feeling you're good people yourself to warrant good buddies like you have. Keep us posted some more. I know you are breathing a little easier.
Love, Ima
PS I was actually just thinking how calamities like this often build friendships in a way that uneventful living doesn't. I hope your kid made a bunch of new friends quickly while they were all in such a pickle! In a strange way, this could have been a blessing, bringing folks together sooner than later after her arrival.
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 3rd, 2010, 3:07 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:To have a friend is to be one! I have a feeling you're good people yourself to warrant good buddies like you have. Keep us posted some more. I know you are breathing a little easier.
Love, Ima
PS I was actually just thinking how calamities like this often build friendships in a way that uneventful living doesn't. I hope your kid made a bunch of new friends quickly while they were all in such a pickle! In a strange way, this could have been a blessing, bringing folks together sooner than later after her arrival.

Having been through some ugly weather in FL it does bring out the best in most people...the worst in a handful.

I'm breathing much easier - she's headed back to her apt. she's worried about her job...stopping there on her way home. Hopefully she won't be out of work too long....she thinks it is the end of life as she knows it...but she'll survive, and have some stories to tell.

Ima, hows your family in Franklin? I hear the water is starting to recede there...all well?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 3rd, 2010, 6:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Vibes for her to stay safe and dry. Looks like the area is still getting pounded, or is about to be.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/s ... irect=true

Where is SuperColchar B-) when you need him for a rescue?
Now that you've posted, WHERE WERE YOU when she needed you? ;)

In a word? Hungover.

My bad.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 3rd, 2010, 6:28 pm

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:I'm late to the thread but I am glad to hear that my wife-to-be is safe and sound despite the nasty weather. Hopefully her place of residence wasn't flooded and she can return to it asap.

Her place of residence is high and dry...I believe the power is back on and she'll be headed back there today. Her place of employment however is on the river....with at least a foot of water (and sewage) in it...she'll be out of work at least a week which when you are a 22 and have just moved to a new town is NOT a good thing. Poor baby....she's having a little meltdown at the moment.

I'll swing down there to comfort her ;)
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 5th, 2010, 11:31 am

She's back in her apartment, no damage at all at the complex she lives in..power is on and all is well on that front. She reports a LOT of damage nearby....she will be without a paycheck for at least a month while they put downtown back together...she's unglued over that but in the grand scheme of things, well any problem that can be totally fixed by throwing $$ at it isn't too bad (especially when the $ is in the hundreds not thousands/millions/billions)

She does tell me there is a real sense of 'nobody gives a crap' in Nashville - there has been virtually no coverage here in FL - and very little in the national media. Here is the headline I wish we would see....

Nashville Downtown Flooded - Power Out - NO REPORTS OF LOOTING

No looting...no violence...just lots of people helping other people. Wish that would get some air play. Perhaps they should hire some actors to break some windows and roll TVs down the street...perhaps then they would get some attention. WTF.

(stomps foot...steps off soap box...)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 5th, 2010, 11:36 am

Glad to hear she is well and had no damage. Sorry about no paycheck for a month, but in the grand scheme of things, it could be much, much worse.

You are right, the news coverage on this has been minimal. I guess there needs to be a few people toting off electronics for the flooding to hit the news radar.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 5th, 2010, 6:57 pm

windsor wrote:She's back in her apartment, no damage at all at the complex she lives in..power is on and all is well on that front. She reports a LOT of damage nearby....she will be without a paycheck for at least a month while they put downtown back together...she's unglued over that but in the grand scheme of things, well any problem that can be totally fixed by throwing $$ at it isn't too bad (especially when the $ is in the hundreds not thousands/millions/billions)

She does tell me there is a real sense of 'nobody gives a crap' in Nashville - there has been virtually no coverage here in FL - and very little in the national media. Here is the headline I wish we would see....

Nashville Downtown Flooded - Power Out - NO REPORTS OF LOOTING

No looting...no violence...just lots of people helping other people. Wish that would get some air play. Perhaps they should hire some actors to break some windows and roll TVs down the street...perhaps then they would get some attention. WTF.

(stomps foot...steps off soap box...)
There has only been a little coverage that I've noticed here in Cincinnati, the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill is getting a lot more air time.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 5th, 2010, 6:58 pm

colchar wrote:In a word? Hungover.

My bad.
Wrong answer ;)