A Holy Sh*t Moment

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: A Holy Sh*t Moment

Post by TillyGalore » April 29th, 2010, 9:01 am

pinkbend wrote:End of championship game where Singler gets decked as Butler player gets
the potential game-winning shot away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByQZkn-DNwE

Moving screen? Legal/illegal?? (Watch the arms/elbow)

This view (fan cam) is even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdMUfuCfUB8

Had that ball gone in....... Should have been no shot/Duke ball at
half court? Foul would NEVER had been called, IMHO.
Based on the fan cam, it looks like not only was Singler screened, but even pushed.

Anyone hear the booing on the fan cam after Duke wins. Classy!
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 29th, 2010, 9:52 am

You'd think after all this practice, Hayward would hit that shot at least once. Glad he didn't so I could upgrade my wardrobe and brighten up the back end of my car with a nice magnet to balance out the :ymdevil: on the other side of the license plate. (shouldn't our smiley devil be blue?)

There was no way the refs would have ever called the foul on that last play, even had they been paying attention to Howard bringing up his elbow on the moving screen. (two fouls for the price of, well, none!)

Query: What if the situation was reversed? What if Jon Scheyer had been taking the last shot and Zoubek had set the same screen to spring Jon from Hayward? I realize this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but to paraphrase Freud, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 29th, 2010, 10:27 am

lawgrad91 wrote:You'd think after all this practice, Hayward would hit that shot at least once. Glad he didn't so I could upgrade my wardrobe and brighten up the back end of my car with a nice magnet to balance out the :ymdevil: on the other side of the license plate. (shouldn't our smiley devil be blue?)

There was no way the refs would have ever called the foul on that last play, even had they been paying attention to Howard bringing up his elbow on the moving screen. (two fouls for the price of, well, none!)

Query: What if the situation was reversed? What if Jon Scheyer had been taking the last shot and Zoubek had set the same screen to spring Jon from Hayward? I realize this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but to paraphrase Freud, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed.
I raised a similar question: what if Kyle had pushed him before he reached midcourt? No call or foul on Duke with Butler then shooting 2 FT? I'm glad I'm not losing sleep over this one like I did in 2004.
X( X(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.