LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » April 28th, 2010, 4:28 pm

Taking the moral high road (away from Michael Jackson's manhood and Shania's headlights)....

Memo to defendant's mama:

Do not tell me that your son "doesn't use no drugs" when he's been convicted of distributing cocaine, and then tell me he didn't use the stuff, he just sold it. It does not tend to reflect well in the eyes of the prosecutor or the judge.... L-)
Iron Duke #1471997.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2010, 6:09 pm

I called the eye place (Hour Eyes) to see if my transition lenses had finally arrived (5 days turned into over 2 weeks) because these temporary lenses have been driving me crazie! I can't see anything up close and I have to keep taking them on and off every 5 seconds and my eyes don't adjust for a while, but they work great for long distance. So the person looks up my name and says we've been trying to call you for over a week? What number I ask and she says some number I've never heard of. No, I respond, this is my number, so she changes it in the computer and says Yes, they're in!

So I head up to Tysons to pick them up and also talk to the Dr. to explain what has been happening. He now says, you don't need to wear them all the time, use them to drive and take them off for up close stuff. I said that is what I've been doing because I'm finding my eyes are doing all kinds of weird things, but I used to be able to wear them all the time for distance and close up and he starts shaking his head and says your old :-o , that's what happens (as he smiles from ear to ear)! :D (Thanks a lot, I think to myself! that was pretty discrete and it echoed all over the store :ymblushing: ) So if the on and off every 5 seconds bothers you, then you can get multifocal lenses (ka-ching $$$) and you'll be able to see up close out of the bottom, errrr.... (great that is what I'm doing now). So I get those for my 2nd pair, but since the girl handling the order seemingly was having problems figuring out how to charge me for the difference, she just gave up and gave them to me for FREE as they were supposed to be. #:-s :-B

As I am leaving, I look at the receipt and it's my name but NOT my home address so I asked about this and the girl looks at me like I am a moron, "what do you mean you've never lived there?" she says. :-o :-o :-o I beg your pardon? :-o :-o :-o No, I have never lived there, my birthday is not that either.... Oh, we have your file under a different patient with same name, oops sorry :-o, but we'll transfer it and everything will be okay. OMG, I am thinking did they give me his prescription, did they put my CC info in his electronic file, med insurance info, SSN, etc. what else is in this personal e-file that got crossed up as a result of this slight oversight, Ya know there are all kinds of security laws and regulations in place for a reason I'm thinking, but you sure can't stop human error. At least I caught it and got it fixed! #:-s Sloppy, Sloppy, Sloppy! Scary also, but it got me thinking about just how easy ID theft can occur without YOU even knowing it unless you are proactive or attentive. Just a thought! I sure hope I don't start getting this guy's phone calls! ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2010, 8:22 pm

This morning and again now, my MSN homepage is in Spanish. This happened to one of my clients last week. You can't make it come up in English. Very strange.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2010, 8:52 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:This morning and again now, my MSN homepage is in Spanish. This happened to one of my clients last week. You can't make it come up in English. Very strange.
Something is going on out there (comms provider, DNS, OEMs), my computers have been acting up for a little over two weeks now. I haven't had enough time to dig into it to do all the analysis yet. There are some nasty things out there as you know!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2010, 9:24 pm

WOW - lavabe! Nice job! Jeez, if we had to pick 3 instead of 2, I am not sure that I would have included their 3rd pick!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2010, 9:26 pm

cl15876 wrote:WOW - lavabe! Nice job! Jeez, if we had to pick 3 instead of 2, I am not sure that I would have included their 3rd pick!
Yeah, so Casey, Mike, and Siobhan in the bottom three.

I hope I just exhausted my bad picks for the week.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Frank Sinatra week next week, with mentoring from Harry Connick Jr.

What should be weird is tonight's pairing of Rascal Flats and Shakira.

OOOOOOOh, my hips don't lie gone country! :-s
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Lavabe wrote:
cl15876 wrote:WOW - lavabe! Nice job! Jeez, if we had to pick 3 instead of 2, I am not sure that I would have included their 3rd pick!
Yeah, so Casey, Mike, and Siobhan in the bottom three.

I hope I just exhausted my bad picks for the week.
=)) =)) =)) I won't be going with Mark Martin now! ;) :ymhug:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2010, 9:40 pm

I love this song!!!!! The lyrics, the tune, the singers.... Lady Antebellum!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2010, 9:41 pm

cl15876 wrote:I love this song!!!!! The lyrics, the tune, the singers.... Lady Antebellum!
Yes, more LA, less Shakira.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Yay! Mike is staying! I knew it! I loved his performance last night amongst the many others! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Big Mike is safe.

UGH!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2010, 9:55 pm

The Screamer is GONE!!

bye bye, Siobhan!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Lavabe wrote:Big Mike is safe.

UGH!
Well WE called that final outcome! I am sorry for the sadness she must be feeling, but ... the others were much better last night! :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2010, 10:03 pm

Someone needs to show Siobhan how to stand on stage when she's wearing a short dress. (Model T stance) My goodness! The folks sitting on the first three rows could see all the way to London, France the way Siobhan had positioned her legs.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh-SEE YA!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2010, 10:31 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote: I'm really close to that also.
Is tomorrow pastrami day??????? :x :x :x :x :x
Old news ;) :D =p~ .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2010, 10:38 pm

colchar wrote:
bjornolf wrote: Man, what video was THAT? I must have missed that one. :-o

%%-

I Ain't No Quitter.

Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8bI17_AAc

She does it at the 1:52 mark.
Oh my. @-)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 29th, 2010, 2:24 am

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:This morning and again now, my MSN homepage is in Spanish. This happened to one of my clients last week. You can't make it come up in English. Very strange.
Something is going on out there (comms provider, DNS, OEMs), my computers have been acting up for a little over two weeks now. I haven't had enough time to dig into it to do all the analysis yet. There are some nasty things out there as you know!

My laptop has been acting up the last couple of days too.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 29th, 2010, 5:11 am

Good news on the way for those who fly! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =126371905
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 29th, 2010, 6:57 am

Good Morning. ~O)

Well, now that the season's over for the Caps, the Nats, and the O's, I can start concentrating on football! Who wants to talk about the Redskins, or Duke football? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage