LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by TillyGalore » April 27th, 2010, 3:25 pm

I'm beginning to think lawgrad91 is a long lost sister. We both like Duke, we both like the O's, we both like the law - though she practices it and I watch it. I swear, you MUST be my long lost sister.
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 27th, 2010, 3:33 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I'm beginning to think lawgrad91 is a long lost sister. We both like Duke, we both like the O's, we both like the law - though she practices it and I watch it. I swear, you MUST be my long lost sister.
I wondered where my sister was! I knew I must have one, somewhere.... :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 27th, 2010, 3:56 pm

EarlJam wrote:Blah.

Blah blah blah.

Blah blah.

Boonka boonka, ya ya, BLAH!

Back to top.

-EJ
:text-yeahthat:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 27th, 2010, 4:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I'm beginning to think lawgrad91 is a long lost sister. We both like Duke, we both like the O's, we both like the law - though she practices it and I watch it. I swear, you MUST be my long lost sister.
I wondered where my sister was! I knew I must have one, somewhere.... :ymhug:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 27th, 2010, 5:44 pm

So apparently Pyrex dishes exploding in ovens isn't the urban myth I had always thought it was as one exploded in our oven about half an hour ago. Fuck. So much for that roast beef dinner, it looks like we'll be having pizza now. Have I ever mentioned that I am not a huge fan of pizza? Double-fuck. And after that we'll have to clean the thousands of pieces of glass out of our oven. Triple-fuck. At least we have a couple of shop-vacs around here so that shouldn't be too tough to do. Downgrade to double-fuck.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 27th, 2010, 5:55 pm

colchar wrote:So apparently Pyrex dishes exploding in ovens isn't the urban myth I had always thought it was as one exploded in our oven about half an hour ago. Fuck. So much for that roast beef dinner, it looks like we'll be having pizza now. Have I ever mentioned that I am not a huge fan of pizza? Double-fuck. And after that we'll have to clean the thousands of pieces of glass out of our oven. Triple-fuck. At least we have a couple of shop-vacs around here so that shouldn't be too tough to do. Downgrade to double-fuck.
That totally stinks! Makes me glad my actual Pyrex is really old and the other is Anchor Hocking.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 27th, 2010, 6:02 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Some of you might have seen this link on DBR today and about a year ago: http://www.miracleleagueofthetriangle.c ... video.aspx

The Sam in the video is actually pictured on the DBR home page. At the beginning of the season, he told his dad (Moonpie23)"dad, brian's foot is ok now and you watch....he's going to be the best duke player this year and he's going to lead us to the championship !".......when brian had his break-out game against maryland, sam said "i told you dad, he's been hurt. Now you're going to see what he can do" when they won the title, he simple said "i told you!"...

A very wise young man.
Heart touching. Awesome. :ymhug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 27th, 2010, 6:26 pm

colchar wrote:So apparently Pyrex dishes exploding in ovens isn't the urban myth I had always thought it was as one exploded in our oven about half an hour ago. Fuck. So much for that roast beef dinner, it looks like we'll be having pizza now. Have I ever mentioned that I am not a huge fan of pizza? Double-fuck. And after that we'll have to clean the thousands of pieces of glass out of our oven. Triple-fuck. At least we have a couple of shop-vacs around here so that shouldn't be too tough to do. Downgrade to double-fuck.
Damn. What temp was it at? Did anything cold touch it?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 27th, 2010, 6:38 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
That totally stinks! Makes me glad my actual Pyrex is really old and the other is Anchor Hocking.

So was mine (older stuff my Mom had given me when she bought new Anchor Hocking stuff). This wasn't the new made in China stuff, it was made in the US. Hmmm, maybe that explains why it happened ;)
Last edited by colchar on April 27th, 2010, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 27th, 2010, 6:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

It was at 375 degrees and it hadn't touched anything cold. The roast was at room temperature as was the pyrex dish. It went into the oven and about ten minutes later we heard an almighty bang.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 27th, 2010, 6:52 pm

colchar wrote:

It was at 375 degrees and it hadn't touched anything cold. The roast was at room temperature as was the pyrex dish. It went into the oven and about ten minutes later we heard an almighty bang.
CB&B - see Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/pyrex.asp
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 27th, 2010, 7:39 pm

I'm trying to post a photo of the inside of our oven (from photobucket.com) but I keep getting an error message saying the photo can only be up to 700 pixels wide. I've downsized it to 350 pixels wide but am still getting that error. Anyone know what might be wrong?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2010, 7:42 pm

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning. ~O)
Not yet it ain't. :ymtongue:
I've had too many people piss me off in the span of 30 minutes.
I hope your day got better! I've had those days!!! :pray:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2010, 7:49 pm

OMG, thanks for that heads up! I never would have thought! :-? What do y'all put in your Roast Beef? NOTE to self, don't use that recipe! ;) Also, you may want to check your water for iron? WOW! :-o :-o :-o :-o Seriously, SOOOO sorry that happened! It must have been VERY scary! :ymhug:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2010, 7:53 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
colchar wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:"quote="colchar""So apparently Pyrex dishes exploding in ovens isn't the urban myth I had always thought it was as one exploded in our oven about half an hour ago. Fuck. So much for that roast beef dinner, it looks like we'll be having pizza now. Have I ever mentioned that I am not a huge fan of pizza? Double-fuck. And after that we'll have to clean the thousands of pieces of glass out of our oven. Triple-fuck. At least we have a couple of shop-vacs around here so that shouldn't be too tough to do. Downgrade to double-fuck."[/quote"

CB&B - see Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/pyrex.asp
Thanks for sharing that DinK! :-o :-o :-o :-o I might try Colchar's recipe now! :-s :-s :-s :-s
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2010, 7:54 pm

colchar wrote:I'm trying to post a photo of the inside of our oven (from photobucket.com) but I keep getting an error message saying the photo can only be up to 700 pixels wide. I've downsized it to 350 pixels wide but am still getting that error. Anyone know what might be wrong?
try a different format or just crop it down!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 27th, 2010, 8:07 pm

Shania Twain night on Idol tonight.
Lee is a bit pitchy. Sharp!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Lavabe wrote:Shania Twain night on Idol tonight.
Lee is a bit pitchy. Sharp!
I just posted in wrong thread and deleted it. So here is what I deleted:

He had pitch issues maybe at the beginning, BUT LEE did a FANTASTIC JOB with that song! I LIKED IT! Besides the fact I love Shania Twain and that SONG! :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2010, 8:22 pm

Michael HIT IT for ME! AWESOME!

I just hope someone fails miserably because it will be tougher to pick and let someone go if they keep this up!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 27th, 2010, 8:26 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OMG, thanks for that heads up! I never would have thought! :-? What do y'all put in your Roast Beef? NOTE to self, don't use that recipe! ;) Also, you may want to check your water for iron? WOW! :-o :-o :-o :-o Seriously, SOOOO sorry that happened! It must have been VERY scary! :ymhug:

Not scary, just a major piss-off.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------