National Championship +14 Days

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: National Championship +14 Days

Post by wilson » April 21st, 2010, 11:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm hanging with EJ on this for at least another month. Then football starts tugging.
Atlanta Braves. Though for now, I'm still wearing Braves shirt-Duke hat to the games instead of Braves shirt-Braves hat.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 22nd, 2010, 8:10 am

I'm still watching the Duke Shining Moment, playing Every Time We Touch and Devil with the Blue Dress.
Oh, and still pinching myself ;) :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 22nd, 2010, 9:47 am

I'm still smiling! And flying my Duke flag - which is a bit tattered and will have to be replaced. I'll leave it up through lacrosse season.
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 22nd, 2010, 12:11 pm

I'm still marveling at how few people here on the dump have even mentioned it....oh, and am very much looking forward to Cameron this beautiful evening! The mother ship will be in all her glory.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 23rd, 2010, 5:26 pm

A new happy. Yesterday I was driving through a grocery store parking lot when a couple walked in front of me toward their truck. I noticed the lady had on a blue T-shirt but didn't pay a lot of attention at first. I parked my car not too far from them, and when I turned, she was pointing at my car and waving. I realized that she had on a National Champions shirt, and she was pointing at my "Duke Alumni" sticker. Needless to say, we had a nice conversation in the parking lot.
Iron Duke #1471997.
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » April 24th, 2010, 6:43 am

captmojo wrote:When ever, where ever I see people dressed in the proper shade o'blue or clothing marked 'DUKE', I compliment them on their taste with a "Nice shirt" or"Nice cap".I'm seeing many more people dressed in this fashion lately, every where. :)
Saw a guy ...BIG guy (but I wasn't intimidated!) wearing a faded blue shirt that said, "BEAT DOOK." I, of course, was wearing the latest in tee shirt attire (a.k.a. National Championship 2010 shirt). I caught his eye...and much to my shame, I LAUGHED at his shirt. I will repent of my "sin" later, but, for now, I am enjoying a smirk here and there.