Capel Is New Coach At Appalachian

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Capel Is New Coach At Appalachian

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2010, 1:15 pm

EarlJam wrote: I had a strong feeling CB&B had shot the Archduke when he crowned Pinkbend the new Spelling Police.
:violence-instagib:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 21st, 2010, 2:06 pm

pinkbend wrote:Heck fire! Here I am your 100th member and that doesn't count for ....well, it doesn't count for....whatever.

All I can say is "Easy come, easy go"....and my professional skills shall once again go unheralded and unused and definitely unappreciated.

But I will lurk in the background while catching every misspelled word that comes across my screen!!! That's a threat AND a promise!!! Beware!
You should never, ever lurk in the background when it comes to compositional and orthographical missteps. In fact, as Grammar & Spelling Deputy, I expect you to do precisely the opposite and politely censure the guilty party (usually cl15876). It is only that I cannot surrender my role as top dog when it comes to the law around here. :ymcowboy: I've held it since the beginning.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 21st, 2010, 2:46 pm

If Tori Spelling ever married Kelsey Grammer, the wedding sign at the church would read:

Spelling/Grammer Wedding

And perhaps...

Join us in a sharing of the vowels.

-EarlJam

**Yes, I understand that "Grammer" is spelled differently from "grammar," but close enough.
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » April 22nd, 2010, 5:43 am

You should never, ever lurk in the background when it comes to compositional and orthographical missteps. In fact, as Grammar & Spelling Deputy, I expect you to do precisely the opposite and politely censure the guilty party (usually cl15876). It is only that I cannot surrender my role as top dog when it comes to the law around here. I've held it since the beginning.

Sigh....I guess it's Deputy or nothing. And this demotion came on the very day I was celebrating yet another birthday. Sigh...again.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 22nd, 2010, 8:14 am

pinkbend wrote:You should never, ever lurk in the background when it comes to compositional and orthographical missteps. In fact, as Grammar & Spelling Deputy, I expect you to do precisely the opposite and politely censure the guilty party (usually cl15876). It is only that I cannot surrender my role as top dog when it comes to the law around here. I've held it since the beginning.

Sigh....I guess it's Deputy or nothing. And this demotion came on the very day I was celebrating yet another birthday. Sigh...again.
Birthday?
You had/have a birthday?
Today? Yesterday?

Was it properly announced on the Main Page?

:o) :o) :ymparty: :ymparty:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 22nd, 2010, 9:36 am

devildeac wrote:
pinkbend wrote: And this demotion came on the very day I was celebrating yet another birthday. Sigh...again.
Birthday?
You had/have a birthday?
Today? Yesterday?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it a real birthday?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 22nd, 2010, 11:48 am

Pinky's b'day was yesterday, the 21st. :ymparty: She's officially too old to be a cheerleader now. Even getting a pony tail won't help, bless her heart.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » April 22nd, 2010, 4:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:
pinkbend wrote: And this demotion came on the very day I was celebrating yet another birthday. Sigh...again.
Birthday?
You had/have a birthday?
Today? Yesterday?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it a real birthday?
Well, it's about as real a birthday as one can have!!! I have had to reply on my parents' information which verifies a significant birth (to them, that is) in Charleston, SC at 7:31 a.m. on a beautiful April day. Queen Elizabeth and I were both born on April 21st but she celebrates hers in June when the weather in the UK is better. She's older and richer than I...and she didn't even send me a card this year. I celebrate mine for at least a week! But Ima is correct: No more cheerleading for me....just can't hack the long hair bit. Sigh....and more sighs.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » April 22nd, 2010, 6:42 pm

My very good friend's brother plays at App! Probably a 7th or 8th man, but it's cool to hear about the coaching changes from him. Apparently the old coach left for UNC-W without any warning.
Class of 2014
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 22nd, 2010, 7:39 pm

Rolvix wrote:My very good friend's brother plays at App! Probably a 7th or 8th man, but it's cool to hear about the coaching changes from him. Apparently the old coach left for UNC-W without any warning.
I heard a long interview on radio, during the tournament,on Westwood One Network, of Peterson. There, he told of how great it was to have a second time around at ASU and how much he loved the place.
I was fooled. What a tool! Hope he falls flat on both of his faces. B-)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"