Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Sue71 is coming to town

Post by CathyCA » April 19th, 2010, 12:56 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:We are buying a townhome/condo with our older daughter and our closing is at 4PM Friday and we'll move her outta our house, empty her storage unit and move her into her new abode that evening and Saturday morning and afternoon. I can't imagine all the stuff we'll be doing on Thursday. Mrs. DD is counting the days... :whistle:
Closing at 4PM on Friday? I'll pray that your closing attorney encounters no problems with the bank or the new HUD forms, that the bank wires the funds in to your attorney's office on time, and that the docs get recorded before 5. How far is the closing attorney's office from the courthouse?
We've got Thursday 4/29 or Friday 4/30 as back-up dates. We shall see.
Fingers, arms, legs, toes and eyes crossed that all goes well!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
fordgrl00
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by fordgrl00 » April 19th, 2010, 8:31 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Tilly, Sue and I, along with Duke2narow and possibly Fordgrl, are going to the program part of Thursday night's Men's Bball banquet. We're going to dinner at Neo China (behind where the old South Square Mall was, now Sam's Club and Target). If any of y'all are going to the program and would like to join us, please let us know. If we grow any larger, we'll need to make a reservation to be sure to have a large table.

I am not sure I will make it for dinner but hope to catch y'all before the banquet starts. Are we gonna have a CTN meeting place at any specific time in or around CIS?? I do not yet know where my seat is until I pick up tickets from will call. Did someone say the doors open at 7:30?
~Shelly
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 19th, 2010, 8:44 pm

fordgrl00 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Tilly, Sue and I, along with Duke2narow and possibly Fordgrl, are going to the program part of Thursday night's Men's Bball banquet. We're going to dinner at Neo China (behind where the old South Square Mall was, now Sam's Club and Target). If any of y'all are going to the program and would like to join us, please let us know. If we grow any larger, we'll need to make a reservation to be sure to have a large table.

I am not sure I will make it for dinner but hope to catch y'all before the banquet starts. Are we gonna have a CTN meeting place at any specific time in or around CIS?? I do not yet know where my seat is until I pick up tickets from will call. Did someone say the doors open at 7:30?
A meeting place will be determined, my first thought is near the Hall of Fame room entrance in the Hall of Honor near section 13 before the ceremony starts. Meeting after could be late and folks would want to get home, depending on how long the seniors speak. Other suggestions are welcome, especially from those of you who are actually going to the banquet portion of the evening.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 19th, 2010, 9:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
fordgrl00 wrote:

A meeting place will be determined, my first thought is near the Hall of Fame room entrance in the Hall of Honor near section 13 before the ceremony starts. Meeting after could be late and folks would want to get home, depending on how long the seniors speak. Other suggestions are welcome, especially from those of you who are actually going to the banquet portion of the evening.
Although I wish I could be there.. be suspect at OZ... I am thinking he is ready to streak again! ;) :ymblushing: - Please don't share, although he is trying to STUD UP!( %-( %-( %-( %-( But I support his efforts! :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 19th, 2010, 9:51 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
fordgrl00 wrote:

Text me when you get there and tell me where you all are meeting AFTER the banquet. I probably have the longest drive home, but would love to see you guys to say "hey." I'm not sure where our table will be, but I'm fairly certain that it will be as far away from the team as possible since Mom, Miss Fran, my kid and I are peons in the world of Duke Basketball.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Parking and other information

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 20th, 2010, 9:56 am

Here is the official banquet/program info for Thursday night. Got this in an email this morning.
Parking is available in the Basset Drive parking lot, the Science Drive parking lot, and the Card Gym parking lot. Handicapped parking will be available in the Whitford Drive parking lot (located between Koskinen Stadium and Jack Coombs Baseball Field.) We will have a golf cart running from Whitford to the doors of Cameron for those who need assistance.

The Banquet is located in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Doors will open for the Program at 7:30pm. The Program will begin at 8:00pm. Please enter through the Ticket Office Lobby. Check in and Will Call will be located in the Ticket Office lobby.

We mailed tickets to those who requested it and ordered before Friday, April 16th. Tickets hit the mail on Friday, April 16th, and should arrive in your mailbox this week. If for some reason your tickets do not arrive before you get here on Thursday we will still have your name on a list at Will Call, and will give you the same seat location as is on your tickets. All others should check in at Will Call that evening to receive their tickets.

Attire for the evening is Business. The Banquet should end around 10pm on Thursday evening.

The Nike Store located in Card Gym will be open for customers from 5:00pm – 11:00pm on Thursday evening, April 22nd.

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 21st, 2010, 9:50 am

To confirm, no one is available to get together Friday, correct?
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 21st, 2010, 4:53 pm

TillyGalore wrote:To confirm, no one is available to get together Friday, correct?
Not I. This is Katie's b-day weekend and we have lots of family coming to town and other assorted merriements going on.
-- DukeUsul
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 21st, 2010, 11:29 pm

I'm pretty open. :D

Oh, and I received my ticket today.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2010, 11:32 pm

Sue71 wrote:I'm pretty open. :D

Fly safe! Land safer!!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 22nd, 2010, 6:20 am

Have fun tonight y'all!!! I'll be there in spirit!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 22nd, 2010, 12:37 pm

Sue said on her FB page that Ol' Roy was on her flight. Careful landing, he might throw a player on the tarmac.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 22nd, 2010, 2:37 pm

Sue71 wrote:I'm pretty open. :D

Did you know that April 21st (the date of your post) is also the anniversary of you receiving the Red Jacket?
sMiles
weezie

Post by weezie » April 23rd, 2010, 9:09 pm

OK, well, I certainly enjoyed having the honor of briefly meeting Ozinator, Tillster and the Sue-est. I'm sure I was merely a blip on their coolness meter but they were all first rate people enjoying one hell of a Duke themed evening last night.
Best to all of them and let's look forward to the Blue-White game next Oct/Nov...drinks on the husband-of-weezie!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2010, 9:38 pm

weezie wrote:OK, well, I certainly enjoyed having the honor of briefly meeting Ozinator, Tillster and the Sue-est. I'm sure I was merely a blip on their coolness meter but they were all first rate people enjoying one hell of a Duke themed evening last night.
Best to all of them and let's look forward to the Blue-White game next Oct/Nov...drinks on the husband-of-weezie!
Weez, you are way up on the coolness meter! B-) B-) B-) Great to meet you too. :D And if the Blue-White game coordinates with a football game, you'll have to come to the Brunchgate! You can even bring husband-of-weezie, especially if he's buying the drinks! ;)

And Mrs. Ozzie and I had the pleasure of hosting The Tillster (I LIKE that name!), her boytoy K68 and the Sue-est at the Friday Night Crash at CCJC here in Smithfield. Thanks for driving down! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 23rd, 2010, 10:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: And Mrs. Ozzie and I had the pleasure of hosting The Tillster (I LIKE that name!), her boytoy K68 and the Sue-est at the Friday Night Crash at CCJC here in Smithfield. Thanks for driving down! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
How cool, I bet y'all had a blast.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 23rd, 2010, 10:11 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: And Mrs. Ozzie and I had the pleasure of hosting The Tillster (I LIKE that name!), her boytoy K68 and the Sue-est at the Friday Night Crash at CCJC here in Smithfield. Thanks for driving down! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Sorry we didn't get to see Sue and the BBB. Maybe next year will be easier. I do hope Sue will get in for a football or basketball game this year. Sounds like you all had a great time. :)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 23rd, 2010, 11:12 pm

weezie wrote:OK, well, I certainly enjoyed having the honor of briefly meeting Ozinator, Tillster and the Sue-est. I'm sure I was merely a blip on their coolness meter but they were all first rate people enjoying one hell of a Duke themed evening last night.
I'm still peeved that the devildeac family never connected with the weezer and ricks68 while we were all in Indy. :(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2010, 11:19 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Sorry we didn't get to see Sue and the BBB. Maybe next year will be easier. I do hope Sue will get in for a football or basketball game this year. Sounds like you all had a great time. :)
Current plans are for Sue to attend the Alabama game. But, you know how life has a habit of changing things without consulting us.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 23rd, 2010, 11:22 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: How cool, I bet y'all had a blast.
Current plans are for Sue to attend the Alabama game. But, you know how life has a habit of changing things without consulting us.
That will be awesome! I'll see her in a few weeks, but it would be great to get some pics of real Sue at a game instead of flat Sue. I wonder if we can recreate any of those photos? We'll have to get GP to suit up for Syracuse again on TV for a couple of them.