Welcome to lawgrad91

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Welcome to lawgrad91

Post by captmojo » April 15th, 2010, 7:24 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks for the kind words of welcome, everyone! CathyCA, my FB buddy, invited me here, and you've got a good thing going on.

Yes, Earl, your powers of ESPN haven't failed you. Duke Law Class of 1991, prosecuting attorney in a small Virginia county. Currently, I'm procrastinating. I should be writing a brief to the Court of Appeals, but I'm really spending my afternoon stressing over whether Kyle will stay or go....
Martinsville? You're in my neck o'the woods. But I didn't realize VA had many small counties. I'm south o'the border in NC's north star.
Welcome, belatedly.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Aaah, so that's what Brunchgate is all about....Does most everyone have season football tickets? After hearing Coach Cut in his first media tour, I was ready to strap on a helmet and hit somebody! Football was my first love and my first goal in life was to be a linebacker for the Steelers (during the heyday of the Steel Curtain). I would be honored to join you for beer, or Bud Light.

CaptMojo, I prosecute in Henry Co. You know, the place where the State Police arrested the Sheriff and the County Administrator made off with $880K of public money. I live near Walkertown, NC (Mr. Lawgrad, my handsomer half, works in Winston-Salem) and drive through the North Star daily.

Ozzie, it's EXTREMELY nice to know I can use all those words I use at work here without being a real wanker for saying it....
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 15th, 2010, 10:00 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:beer, or Bud Light.
Oh you'll fit right in. :D
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2010, 8:41 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Aaah, so that's what Brunchgate is all about....Does most everyone have season football tickets? After hearing Coach Cut in his first media tour, I was ready to strap on a helmet and hit somebody! Football was my first love and my first goal in life was to be a linebacker for the Steelers (during the heyday of the Steel Curtain). I would be honored to join you for beer, or Bud Light.

CaptMojo, I prosecute in Henry Co. You know, the place where the State Police arrested the Sheriff and the County Administrator made off with $880K of public money. I live near Walkertown, NC (Mr. Lawgrad, my handsomer half, works in Winston-Salem) and drive through the North Star daily.

Ozzie, it's EXTREMELY nice to know I can use all those words I use at work here without being a real wanker for saying it....
Most of us do have season tickets, as it's much cheaper than buying individual tickets for 2 or 3 games. And the Alabama game is going to be sold out (by the Alabama fans scooping them up, some even buying season tickets to attend just the one game). Hmm, I think I'll renew mine today! Regardless of game time, our "crew" arrives early in the a.m. to get set up and start the grill (we've had a couple of "all day cookers" for night games). TNTDevil, CB&B and Cowboy do a great job!

Sign up to join the Brunchgate will be soon - as soon as we get the official word from Duke to order the tent. Season long "membership" will be $75 this year, sharing in the cost of the tent and providing some funds for our guys listed above for all the food and supplies they bring. I'll post a separate thread when the time comes. Wankers are allowed! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Aaah, so that's what Brunchgate is all about....Does most everyone have season football tickets? After hearing Coach Cut in his first media tour, I was ready to strap on a helmet and hit somebody! Football was my first love and my first goal in life was to be a linebacker for the Steelers (during the heyday of the Steel Curtain). I would be honored to join you for beer, or Bud Light.

You're a girl and you wanted to be a professional athlete for a boy's team?!?! Yay for you!!! I would have loved to have played with a boys team too.

Course, if you are a guy, then please disregard my above statement. I was under the influence. Of what, I don't know, but that's my story and I'm sooooooo stickin' to it.
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 16th, 2010, 11:17 am

TillyGalore, I'm not a guy....My parents never said a word about my wanting to play football. None of that "ooh, little girls are cheerleaders, little boys play football" stuff. Mom actually used football to teach me the three and seven times tables! She grew up in an era where people told her it was a shame she was a girl because if she were a boy, she was smart enough to be a doctor, but everyone knew little girls grew up and became wives and mothers, not doctors. Maybe that's what kept her from saying anything to me about my early choices. (She did blow her stack when I told her I was switching from pre-med to pre-law, but that's another story.)

Just renewed my season football tickets. Bring on the beer! Or the Bud Light!
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 16th, 2010, 12:10 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:TillyGalore, I'm not a guy....My parents never said a word about my wanting to play football. None of that "ooh, little girls are cheerleaders, little boys play football" stuff. Mom actually used football to teach me the three and seven times tables! She grew up in an era where people told her it was a shame she was a girl because if she were a boy, she was smart enough to be a doctor, but everyone knew little girls grew up and became wives and mothers, not doctors. Maybe that's what kept her from saying anything to me about my early choices. (She did blow her stack when I told her I was switching from pre-med to pre-law, but that's another story.)

That's awesome!!! All of it.

By the time I was interested in sports, it was too late to get involved. So, I am a confirmed armchair quarterback, NASCAR driver, baseball manager, Duke basketball coach, and just about anything else, except NBA basketball. I'm not an expert in any of those areas, I just love watching those sports.

So glad to have more estrogen on the board. I used to get ribbed a lot in high school and college about enjoying sports because I was a girl, so it's nice to have a lot of other ladies here to share passions with.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2010, 12:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:TillyGalore, I'm not a guy....My parents never said a word about my wanting to play football. None of that "ooh, little girls are cheerleaders, little boys play football" stuff. Mom actually used football to teach me the three and seven times tables! She grew up in an era where people told her it was a shame she was a girl because if she were a boy, she was smart enough to be a doctor, but everyone knew little girls grew up and became wives and mothers, not doctors. Maybe that's what kept her from saying anything to me about my early choices. (She did blow her stack when I told her I was switching from pre-med to pre-law, but that's another story.)

1. I just renewed my season ticket this morning too!
2. Single game tickets for the Alabama game will be available to us on May 3rd.
3. I paid for my/our "program only" tickets this morning too. I have to pick them up at the willcall window between now and when we go to the program next Thursday.
4. Football season tickets must be renewed THIS MONTH or you will lose your seat. My, how times are changing! The person in the ticket office I spoke with said they mailed out a small card but no big renewal package this year. Glad I didn't wait!
5. I was a running back when I played high school and Duke club football. It was always fun to run into linebackers ;)
6. I will start chilling the Bud Lights soon!

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2010, 12:19 pm

3. I paid for my/our Men's Bball banquet "program only" tickets this morning too. I have to pick them up at the willcall window between now and when we go to the program next Thursday.
4. Football season tickets must be renewed THIS MONTH or you will lose your seat. My, how times are changing! The person in the ticket office I spoke with said they mailed out a small card but no big renewal package this year. Glad I didn't wait!
5. I was a running back when I played high school and Duke club football. It was always fun to run into linebackers ;)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 16th, 2010, 1:12 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

3. I paid for my/our Men's Bball banquet "program only" tickets this morning too. I have to pick them up at the willcall window between now and when we go to the program next Thursday.
Hmm, Ozzie must be getting close to a milestone. He's starting to duplicate posts here.

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2010, 2:38 pm

devildeac wrote: Hmm, Ozzie must be getting close to a milestone. He's starting to duplicate posts here.

Hmmm. Thanks for point that out! I didn't intentionally duplicate the post and am not quite sure how I did it. I also hadn't noticed that I was (now) only three posts away from 3,000 and an "elevation" in my status! Now I gotta figure out what to do about it! B-)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 17th, 2010, 1:05 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote: Hmm, Ozzie must be getting close to a milestone. He's starting to duplicate posts here.

Hmmm. Thanks for point that out! I didn't intentionally duplicate the post and am not quite sure how I did it. I also hadn't noticed that I was (now) only three posts away from 3,000 and an "elevation" in my status! Now I gotta figure out what to do about it! B-)
Get OzzieDaughter to have 2 more children. Quickly. Then you'd be 3 grand(children). Hey, it was worth a shot...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.