Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Welcome to lawgrad91

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Welcome!

Have a seat.
Have an ale or two. Or chardonnay/cabernet. Or scotch/bourbon.
Enjoy yourself.

Post a lot.

Hang a banner!

:ymdevil: :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Welcome to lawgrad91

Post by wilson » April 14th, 2010, 10:19 pm

devildeac wrote:Welcome!

Have a seat.
Have an ale or two. Or chardonnay/cabernet. Or scotch/bourbon.
Enjoy yourself.

Post a lot.

Hang a banner!

:ymdevil: :ymdevil:
And be sure to proofread.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 14th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Thank you! Will rum and Coke be an appropriate libation? (until I return to Weight Watchers on Monday, and then it's back to water, water, and more water for 25 more pounds. :( )

I was invited over by a FB friend. Tonight's my first visit. Nice to be welcomed!

Go Duke!
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2010, 10:36 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thank you! Will rum and Coke be an appropriate libation? (until I return to Weight Watchers on Monday, and then it's back to water, water, and more water for 25 more pounds. :( )

I was invited over by a FB friend. Tonight's my first visit. Nice to be welcomed!

Go Duke!
Rum and coke would be fine.

Add a few walking/running laps around the track with the Weight Watcher's program and you'll be fine.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 14th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Welcome aboard! Capt. Morgan spicey is just fine! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 14th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Welcome to Crazietalk!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 14th, 2010, 11:20 pm

Welcome! Use lots of smilies. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 14th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Welcome to CrazieTalk!

I am going to use my infamous psychic abilities to guess......ohhmmmmmmmm!......that you are a lawyer (or once was) and that you went to graduate school at Duke in 1991????

-Earl O' the Jam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 15th, 2010, 12:24 am

Have fun and stuff.
sMiles
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 15th, 2010, 8:23 am

Welcome!!!

And feel free to ignore the grammar police.
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 15th, 2010, 8:30 am

Welcome to the best Duke site. Need I say more? :)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2010, 3:25 pm

Thanks for the kind words of welcome, everyone! CathyCA, my FB buddy, invited me here, and you've got a good thing going on.

Yes, Earl, your powers of ESPN haven't failed you. Duke Law Class of 1991, prosecuting attorney in a small Virginia county. Currently, I'm procrastinating. I should be writing a brief to the Court of Appeals, but I'm really spending my afternoon stressing over whether Kyle will stay or go....
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 15th, 2010, 3:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Thanks for the kind words of welcome, everyone! CathyCA, my FB buddy, invited me here, and you've got a good thing going on.

Yes, Earl, your powers of ESPN haven't failed you. Duke Law Class of 1991, prosecuting attorney in a small Virginia county. Currently, I'm procrastinating. I should be writing a brief to the Court of Appeals, but I'm really spending my afternoon stressing over whether Kyle will stay or go....
Glad CathyCA invited you! Not as many lawyers here as at DBR #:-s :D

Don't stress over Kyle. Nothing we can do about it one way or the other. Great for us if he stays, but we'll be fine if he goes - just means that Ryan Kelly (and Josh Hairston) will have to grow up faster! We can live with that.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 15th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Ozzie, this might be the time to mention that reading your posts kept me sane through the NCAA tournament on the, um, other location. This year and this team, for some reason, affected me like no other Duke team. I lived and died with them more than I can remember ever doing before. Thanks for keeping me from jumping out a window! #:-s

If Kyle goes, I wish him well and certainly understand why he would pass on his senior season. And it's not like the cupboard is bare....We have talent remaining and talent on its way, and the best coach around, for my money.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 15th, 2010, 4:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Ozzie, this might be the time to mention that reading your posts kept me sane through the NCAA tournament on the, um, other location. This year and this team, for some reason, affected me like no other Duke team. I lived and died with them more than I can remember ever doing before. Thanks for keeping me from jumping out a window! #:-s

If Kyle goes, I wish him well and certainly understand why he would pass on his senior season. And it's not like the cupboard is bare....We have talent remaining and talent on its way, and the best coach around, for my money.
You're welcome, sir! Glad to be of service. I might add that I don't read 99% of what's posted on the EK board. When a thread is new and I can zip through 10 or 15 posts and put something up, great. When a thread grows to several pages long, especially when the mods combine threads as topics get old, I typically ignore them. It's like starting to read the LTE (either 1.0 or 2.0) from the beginning - I ain't gonna do it! =)) Most of the recruiting threads are drivel anyway. If there is some truly new news, like when Austin Rivers actually decommitted from UF last week, I did click on the last page and read that, but again, after a few posts, it's all repetitive drivel. I'd rather read, and post, my drivel here :D , where we are all friends and don't get into pissing matches. And for that matter, we can say pissing, or shit, or fuck, and not raise the ire of wanker of a filter, or moderator, or board owner...

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and welcome aboard. You going to join us for Brunchgates this fall at the football games? We have a lot of fun!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 15th, 2010, 5:05 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: When a thread grows to several pages long, especially when the mods combine threads as topics get old, I typically ignore them.
There's a lot of basketball talk in this thread. Maybe we should merge it with something in the stadium.. :-?

=))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 15th, 2010, 5:08 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: When a thread grows to several pages long, especially when the mods combine threads as topics get old, I typically ignore them.
There's a lot of basketball talk in this thread. Maybe we should merge it with something in the stadium.. :-?

=))
Oh yeah? You and who else? Want to make something of it!? =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » April 15th, 2010, 5:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Ozzie, this might be the time to mention that reading your posts kept me sane through the NCAA tournament on the, um, other location. This year and this team, for some reason, affected me like no other Duke team. I lived and died with them more than I can remember ever doing before. Thanks for keeping me from jumping out a window! #:-s

You're welcome, sir! Glad to be of service. I might add that I don't read 99% of what's posted on the EK board. When a thread is new and I can zip through 10 or 15 posts and put something up, great. When a thread grows to several pages long, especially when the mods combine threads as topics get old, I typically ignore them. It's like starting to read the LTE (either 1.0 or 2.0) from the beginning - I ain't gonna do it! =)) Most of the recruiting threads are drivel anyway. If there is some truly new news, like when Austin Rivers actually decommitted from UF last week, I did click on the last page and read that, but again, after a few posts, it's all repetitive drivel. I'd rather read, and post, my drivel here :D , where we are all friends and don't get into pissing matches. And for that matter, we can say pissing, or shit, or fuck, and not raise the ire of wanker of a filter, or moderator, or board owner...

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and welcome aboard. You going to join us for Brunchgates this fall at the football games? We have a lot of fun!
I think around here the only time we'll get into a pissing match is at a brunchgate after everyone has had a few too many beers (or Bud Lights).

:D
-- DukeUsul
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » April 15th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Welcome! Now that we're in the official off season for football and basketball, many of us are sitting out on the screened porch while we sip and snack and discuss the recruiting.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 15th, 2010, 5:29 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

I think around here the only time we'll get into a pissing match is at a brunchgate after everyone has had a few too many beers (or Bud Lights).

:D
Nice play! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: