Vibes for OzzieDaughter

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Vibes for OzzieDaughter

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 14th, 2010, 9:55 am

Vibes to my daughter, whom I love dearly, as she enters a new phase of her life today - Working Mother! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :x

Her first day back teaching since Ruth was born. And Ruth's first day without her mother there to take care of her. But she has the best of care - her former apartment-mate who is a full time nanny for another family in the area, and takes Ruthie with her as she heads over to her regular gig! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes for OzzieDaughter

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 14th, 2010, 9:56 am

Mama vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 14th, 2010, 10:40 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Vibes to my daughter, whom I love dearly, as she enters a new phase of her life today - Working Mother! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :x

Her first day back teaching since Ruth was born. And Ruth's first day without her mother there to take care of her. But she has the best of care - her former apartment-mate who is a full time nanny for another family in the area, and takes Ruthie with her as she heads over to her regular gig! B-)
Sounds like a fine arrangement. Hope it continues happily for a LONG time.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 14th, 2010, 11:25 am

Love and prayers to OzzieDaughter and OzzieGranddaughter as they enter this new phase of their lives.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » April 14th, 2010, 11:48 am

An important transition is evolving for this young family, but I have confidence that it will continue to develop well.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 14th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Vibes, indeed.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Interesting story about me: When I was an infant, my mother was still a classroom teacher, teaching gifted students in grades 2-5. After her maternity leave ended, rather than get a nanny or send me to daycare, she took me to school with her. I spent an entire school year in a playpen in the corner of her classroom. She got to be with me all day long, and she incorporated me as a part of some lessons. She also credits this early experience with some of the academic talents I've been blessed with.
My feelings about it all? Meh. I slept through most of it. ;)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 14th, 2010, 12:55 pm

Many vibes and prays to Ozzie's daughter. I'm sure this will be much harder on her than Ruth but she will do just fine. :ymhug:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 14th, 2010, 12:57 pm

Vibes to all the Ozzie family as they make this transition. And a couple of hugs, too.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Life is good!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » April 14th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Well, by now she's made it through the first day. Continued good wishes for a painless transition. And although I'm sure she doesn't need this to appreciate her little miracle, perhaps OzzieDaughter's reunion with Ruth each day will make the time together that much sweeter.
:ymhug: :ymhug:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 14th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Vibes and prayers for her successful 1st day!!!! I know that must be hard for her, but having met your daughter, she is definitely up to the challenge!!!!! :-BD :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 14th, 2010, 7:01 pm

I've been derelict in my vibe duty of late, but here goes nothing:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

And one more for little Ruth! :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 14th, 2010, 8:08 pm

How did they do??? I remember the 1st day I took Josh to daycare. He was 6 weeks old.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 15th, 2010, 9:31 am

Let us know how they survived (baby probably did better than Momma!!!) I remember those days. It is a challenge.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Vibes for an easy transition.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 15th, 2010, 7:17 pm

wilson wrote:Vibes, indeed.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Interesting story about me: When I was an infant, my mother was still a classroom teacher, teaching gifted students in grades 2-5. After her maternity leave ended, rather than get a nanny or send me to daycare, she took me to school with her. I spent an entire school year in a playpen in the corner of her classroom. She got to be with me all day long, and she incorporated me as a part of some lessons. She also credits this early experience with some of the academic talents I've been blessed with.
My feelings about it all? Meh. I slept through most of it. ;)
I spent my first formative years in a playpen in the corner of a beauty shop. As I grew, it became various customer's laps.(the ones that had laps) :D
Never did develop a desire to style hair.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 15th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Oh yeah! I hope all went well. :((
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 16th, 2010, 7:06 am

Best vibes I've got are never ending for you guys. That's a truly tough thing to do.....leave that little one for those first whole days at a time.

When my daughter put her first one in day care, I was over at that place every single day taking him out for a walk or giving him his lunch or making sure he was able to sleep at nap time. I was the one with the problem! Finally, I just kept him myself! My friends all said I was nuts to give up all that tennis and bridge at the time in my life when I had earned a break. But, he's in college now and I'd never change a thing. I know. I'm just nuts. But, I bet Beth would do the same if she could! :ymhug:

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 16th, 2010, 7:08 am

:ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard:

Good luck.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2010, 8:32 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Best vibes I've got are never ending for you guys. That's a truly tough thing to do.....leave that little one for those first whole days at a time.

When my daughter put her first one in day care, I was over at that place every single day taking him out for a walk or giving him his lunch or making sure he was able to sleep at nap time. I was the one with the problem! Finally, I just kept him myself! My friends all said I was nuts to give up all that tennis and bridge at the time in my life when I had earned a break. But, he's in college now and I'd never change a thing. I know. I'm just nuts. But, I bet Beth would do the same if she could! :ymhug:

Love, Ima
Yeah, she hates being ~4 hours away. When OzzieDaughter was born, we were only 5 minutes away from Beth's mom (we still are), and the family friend that kept OzzieDaughter during the day for her first 4 years.

OzzieDaughter says the second day went fine too! :ymhug:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com