LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2009, 2:29 pm

Clbunchofnumbers is a great cook! He just prepared a lunch of shrimpcakes, broccoli and scallops wrapped in bacon. YUM! I am a happy camper!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 2:40 pm

CathyCA wrote:Clbunchofnumbers is a great cook! He just prepared a lunch of shrimpcakes, broccoli and scallops wrapped in bacon. YUM! I am a happy camper!
Ummmm..recipe thread. Damn that sounds good. Gotta figure a way for a brunchgate contribution.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 17th, 2009, 2:55 pm

colchar wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
iPhone: Really like it. I tend to have pretty gosh darn long nails and seem to manage. It was between the iPhone and the BB Bold for me. I really really liked the Bold (and the "keyboard"!) however given that they were the same price, I decided to go with the phone with more features. Email isn't a priority for me (I can get it on the iPhone whenever I want but I don't need to get work email the second it comes in, though I can get pretty darn close on the iPhone if I want to), so the keyboard lost out. Plus, the iPhone has a true web browser (not the BB version of the internet), and though BB is now letting developers do something akin to Apple's App Store, the Apple version wins hands down.

My main concern was how it would be as a phone since I don't have a landline. No complaints. :) I also dig that I've watched movies on it while flying (no, I wasn't the pilot, hahahaha =)) ). I still have my old iPod, which I could see using if I ever started, ahem, working out again because it's so small in comparison. But I have what seems like everything on the iPhone- pictures (all of them from my computer), everything from iTunes (movies, music, etc), my Apps, it's a phone, etc etc etc. And I really dig the way that voicemail works on the iPhone.

HOWEVER, if you decide to get one, I'd wait til late summer/early fall. Miles, if you're reading, chime in here... supposedly there's a new version of the iPhone coming out. I don't think it's really the physical machine itself, but some really cool software changes (yes there are some drawbacks to the iPhone, and they're being addressed in the new software. :-bd ) As I understand it, my phone will automatically download and update itself, but according to Miles, it's better to wait and go new. :-??

As cool as the iPhone sounds I just cannot bring myself to ever buy one. When I get a new phone in the fall, I'll grab a BB. Then again, I do live in Waterloo Ontario - RIM buildings are everywhere around here and their head office is three blocks from my house. Plus, Lazardis was attending my undergrad institution (the University of Waterloo) when he started RIM. So for me it's a local bias thing that prevents me from ever owning an iPhone.

As cool as the iPhone sounds I just cannot bring myself to ever buy one. When I get a new phone in the fall, I'll grab a BB. Then again, I do live in Waterloo Ontario - RIM buildings are everywhere around here and their head office is three blocks from my house. Plus, Lazardis was attending my undergrad institution (the University of Waterloo) when he started RIM. So for me it's a local bias thing that prevents me from ever owning an iPhone.
Well, Colchar, that's a first! You managed to quote yourself in your original post! :-o
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 17th, 2009, 3:25 pm

Some people call me the Space Cowboy, some call me the Gangster of Love
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2009, 3:51 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Some people call me the Space Cowboy, some call me the Gangster of Love
Can I call you Maurice?

:))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 17th, 2009, 4:32 pm

CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Some people call me the Space Cowboy, some call me the Gangster of Love
Can I call you Maurice?

Haha, sure. But we had a Maurice at Duke while I was there. Claimed to be one of the Rothschilds. Turned out he was from somewhere in Latin America.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 17th, 2009, 5:44 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Can I call you Maurice?

Haha, sure. But we had a Maurice at Duke while I was there. Claimed to be one of the Rothschilds. Turned out he was from somewhere in Latin America.
I bet he didn't speak of the pompitice of love. =((
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
I bet he didn't speak of the pompitice of love. =((
Bet he didn't love your peaches and shake your tree either.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 17th, 2009, 5:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: Bet he didn't love your tree and shake your peaches either.
Strike that; reverse it (movie quote...name the film?).
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 17th, 2009, 6:14 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: Bet he didn't love your tree and shake your peaches either.
Strike that; reverse it (movie quote...name the film?).
Willy Wonka and the Cholocalte Factory, Gene Wilder as Willy, , and I thought I fixed my stupid lyric quote. Grrrr. Damn peaches. (By the way I know that lyric simply because my wife LOATHES it...lol.)
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 17th, 2009, 6:15 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Well, Colchar, that's a first! You managed to quote yourself in your original post! :-o

Sure did. When I originally tried to reply, I accidentally hit the edit button without realizing it. After adding my two cents I realized what I had done and tried to fix it. That, obviously, didn't work so well :oops:
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2009, 6:24 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Can I call you Maurice?

I had forgotten about that! I was at Duke then as well.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Sue71 wrote:iPhone: Really like it. I tend to have pretty gosh darn long nails and seem to manage. It was between the iPhone and the BB Bold for me. I really really liked the Bold (and the "keyboard"!) however given that they were the same price, I decided to go with the phone with more features. Email isn't a priority for me (I can get it on the iPhone whenever I want but I don't need to get work email the second it comes in, though I can get pretty darn close on the iPhone if I want to), so the keyboard lost out. Plus, the iPhone has a true web browser (not the BB version of the internet), and though BB is now letting developers do something akin to Apple's App Store, the Apple version wins hands down.

My main concern was how it would be as a phone since I don't have a landline. No complaints. :) I also dig that I've watched movies on it while flying (no, I wasn't the pilot, hahahaha =)) ). I still have my old iPod, which I could see using if I ever started, ahem, working out again because it's so small in comparison. But I have what seems like everything on the iPhone- pictures (all of them from my computer), everything from iTunes (movies, music, etc), my Apps, it's a phone, etc etc etc. And I really dig the way that voicemail works on the iPhone.

HOWEVER, if you decide to get one, I'd wait til late summer/early fall. Miles, if you're reading, chime in here... supposedly there's a new version of the iPhone coming out. I don't think it's really the physical machine itself, but some really cool software changes (yes there are some drawbacks to the iPhone, and they're being addressed in the new software. :-bd ) As I understand it, my phone will automatically download and update itself, but according to Miles, it's better to wait and go new. :-??
Thanks for the tip, Sue! That gives me more motivation to wait. I'm not eligible for upgrade quite yet, so I'll just grit my teeth and deal with the Black Jack for a few more months.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 17th, 2009, 6:30 pm

Does anyone else here watch Grey's Anatomy? I fnally watched the last 2 episodes online (cable problems - long story). Holy cow! They really outdid themselves with the wedding and the season finale. I did correctly guess who would be getting married in place of Meredith and Derek, but the cliff-hanger was a surprise and was well done, I thought. It will be interesting to see how things get resolved in the fall.
-- Albert Einstein
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 7:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Sue! That gives me more motivation to wait. I'm not eligible for upgrade quite yet, so I'll just grit my teeth and deal with the Black Jack for a few more months.
Check out Mac Rumors. I get some interesting info there... they have buying guides that tell you if it's a good time to buy, etc because they know what's coming soon. When I bought mine, they said it was a good time. Same w/ my MacBook Pro. :ymsmug: I don't go all there all that often, but when I've been, it's been fairly accurate.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 17th, 2009, 7:41 pm

Sue71 wrote:Check out Mac Rumors. I get some interesting info there... they have buying guides that tell you if it's a good time to buy, etc because they know what's coming soon. When I bought mine, they said it was a good time. Same w/ my MacBook Pro. :ymsmug: I don't go all there all that often, but when I've been, it's been fairly accurate.
You better watch it, Sue. Mentioning Mac & Rumors in front of the pirate mod is not the wisest move. :))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 17th, 2009, 8:32 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Check out Mac Rumors. I get some interesting info there... they have buying guides that tell you if it's a good time to buy, etc because they know what's coming soon. When I bought mine, they said it was a good time. Same w/ my MacBook Pro. :ymsmug: I don't go all there all that often, but when I've been, it's been fairly accurate.
You better watch it, Sue. Mentioning Mac & Rumors in front of the pirate mod is not the wisest move. :))
Fleetwood. Fleetwood. Fleetwood.

(Is that akin to saying,"Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice."? 8-x
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 17th, 2009, 9:52 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Fleetwood. Fleetwood. Fleetwood.

(Is that akin to saying,"Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice."? 8-x
Walk the plank!
Walk the plank!
Walk the plank!

I feel the 1st infraction or banning coming up REEEAAAL soon for "provoking the mod" crime/offense... ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 17th, 2009, 9:54 pm

I've always had a special place in my heart for Fleetwood Mac.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 17th, 2009, 9:55 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I had forgotten about that! I was at Duke then as well.
It was really kind of sad in a way...