Duke Vs the NCAA (Bracket Challenge)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Duke Vs the NCAA (Bracket Challenge)

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 19th, 2010, 9:50 pm

This game provided a great opportunity to a number of guys to get experience in this sort of tournament play. It was also a good transition into the NCAA's.
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 19th, 2010, 10:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow. We looked good.
No. We looked great. That was insane..this team is FF bound.
I think so too. While the critics will point out Duke "only" scored 73 points, I prefer to point to the fact UAPB only scored 44.

And we shot 6-13 from 3. Much better percentage wise then we have been recently, especially away from Cameron
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » March 20th, 2010, 7:59 pm

Never seen so many upsets in my life! Who's going to win it all? St. Mary's?

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 20th, 2010, 8:53 pm

The Butler did it! :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 20th, 2010, 8:54 pm

EarlJam wrote:Never seen so many upsets in my life! Who's going to win it all? St. Mary's?

-EarlJam
Washington?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 20th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Lavabe wrote:
EarlJam wrote:Never seen so many upsets in my life! Who's going to win it all? St. Mary's?

-EarlJam
Washington?
D U K E
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
pinkbend
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by pinkbend » March 21st, 2010, 5:55 am

Lean real close to your computers because I do NOT want this to "get out" beyond our elite group, but there are tarhole fans in this great hotbed of tarholeness in which I live who are now rooting for Duke to win the championship. That MAY be the "kiss of death," so let's keep this little secret among ourselves, okay?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 21st, 2010, 9:23 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

-EarlJam
Washington?
D U K E
This looks like a question for...

DEVILALUMNA!!
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 21st, 2010, 12:57 pm

pinkbend wrote:Lean real close to your computers because I do NOT want this to "get out" beyond our elite group, but there are tarhole fans in this great hotbed of tarholeness in which I live who are now rooting for Duke to win the championship. That MAY be the "kiss of death," so let's keep this little secret among ourselves, okay?
Are you sure they aren't just saying that to buffer the hurt should Duke win? Rule #3-C: Never, NEVER trust a Tarheel.
-EJ
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 21st, 2010, 7:43 pm

FUCKYEAH!!!!!!!!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
Big fatassed kudos to Kyle for being awesome, Nolan for being there when the other two eSses weren't, and to Zoubs, for just continuing to be amazing. If anyone forgot that steal he dug for early in the second half...lemme remind you. I've never seen a body that big dive for a steal. It was poetry in motion. E.E. Cummings, but it was poetry.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 21st, 2010, 8:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:FUCKYEAH!!!!!!!!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
Big fatassed kudos to Kyle for being awesome, Nolan for being there when the other two eSses weren't, and to Zoubs, for just continuing to be amazing. If anyone forgot that steal he dug for early in the second half...lemme remind you. I've never seen a body that big dive for a steal. It was poetry in motion. E.E. Cummings, but it was poetry.
Does that make Zoubs the taller sibling of e.e. cummings?
Life is good!
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » March 21st, 2010, 8:38 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:FUCKYEAH!!!!!!!!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
We had to back that up and watch it a few times. That. Was. Awesome. I'm feeling exZOUBerant! :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 24th, 2010, 7:19 pm

I talked basketball with an electrician today. He made some comment about Duke's team not being very good this year. My response, "Have you watched them?" His answer was no. Thanks to the talking heads of ESPN, people who don't follow us closely think that our team is over-rated. We are seriously flying under the radar screen in most of the country. That's okay with me. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 24th, 2010, 7:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I talked basketball with an electrician today. He made some comment about Duke's team not being very good this year. My response, "Have you watched them?" His answer was no. Thanks to the talking heads of ESPN, people who don't follow us closely think that our team is over-rated. We are seriously flying under the radar screen in most of the country. That's okay with me. :ymdevil:
That's all too common..and it happens with folks who are paid to know what's going on. You know why Fox's Jeff Goodman says Duke might not advance?
Lack of size — Although it shouldn't hurt Coach K against Purdue, the Blue Devils lack a consistent low-post presence. They go with a committee that has been inconsistent. It’s difficult to know what you’re going to get with the Plumlee brothers, Miles and Mason, as well as Zoubek and Lance Thomas.
I could think of lots of reasons why Duke could lose...but for the biggest Duke team in over a decade, lack of size is not one of them.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Why- ... has-a-shot
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 24th, 2010, 7:49 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I talked basketball with an electrician today. He made some comment about Duke's team not being very good this year. My response, "Have you watched them?" His answer was no. Thanks to the talking heads of ESPN, people who don't follow us closely think that our team is over-rated. We are seriously flying under the radar screen in most of the country. That's okay with me. :ymdevil:
That does it!! Don't pay the bill. :)) :)) :))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 24th, 2010, 9:48 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
That's all too common..and it happens with folks who are paid to know what's going on. You know why Fox's Jeff Goodman says Duke might not advance?
Lack of size — Although it shouldn't hurt Coach K against Purdue, the Blue Devils lack a consistent low-post presence. They go with a committee that has been inconsistent. It’s difficult to know what you’re going to get with the Plumlee brothers, Miles and Mason, as well as Zoubek and Lance Thomas.
I could think of lots of reasons why Duke could lose...but for the biggest Duke team in over a decade, lack of size is not one of them.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Why- ... has-a-shot
Wow. Jeff Goodman actually said that? Here's hoping that all our opponents take his word for it! What a maroon.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 25th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Not sure where to put this but here is Hitler's response to KU losing in the tournament. The link was sent to me by a KU fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuRbYVCacY
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 25th, 2010, 10:36 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Not sure where to put this but here is Hitler's response to KU losing in the tournament. The link was sent to me by a KU fan.

:)) :)) =)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 26th, 2010, 2:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Not sure where to put this but here is Hitler's response to KU losing in the tournament. The link was sent to me by a KU fan.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :D
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 26th, 2010, 3:04 pm

First of all, Goodman is indeed an ignoramous in the true sense of the word if he believes what he wrote.

As for the Hitler reaction, well, Gold. GOLD! Absolutely brilliant!
=)) =)) =))

-EarlJam