HURRICANES!!!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

HURRICANES!!!

Post by CathyCA » May 14th, 2009, 11:39 pm

Woooooooooo-hooooooooooo!

Did you all stay up to see the end of Game 7? What an exciting finish! YAY, Canes!

(And I'm a Sharks fan!)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: HURRICANES!!!

Post by colchar » May 14th, 2009, 11:42 pm

As usual, after a great game it was a shitty goal that finished it. But it was a heck of a game.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 14th, 2009, 11:58 pm

colchar wrote:As usual, after a great game it was a shitty goal that finished it. But it was a heck of a game.
How was that a shitty goal? A rebound in front of the goal tender was knocked in over his outstretched leg!

Great win by the Raleigh Hurricanes!

Go Canes! Beat the Penguins!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 15th, 2009, 12:19 am

I'm a horrible person. I haven't watched a bit of the playoffs yet. I've done it before, it's the most stressful event I can pay attention to short of Duke in the FF. When you think a game is totally lopsided, no chance in hell won, hockey can be won in seconds. My poor heart. Watching the penguins and canes will be tough, I grew up a Pittsburgh fan because of my dad, and when I was in college got emotionally invested as Mario kicked ass (due to my pburgh dormie). But the 'Canes are the ones I'll be pulling for, if I can stand to watch. Reading the aftermath is sooo less stressfull.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 15th, 2009, 12:22 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:As usual, after a great game it was a shitty goal that finished it. But it was a heck of a game.
How was that a shitty goal? A rebound in front of the goal tender was knocked in over his outstretched leg!

That's it exactly - it was a cheap rebound that bounced in off the Carolina player. Bad goals happen all the time and I'm used to seeing it but, after a game like that (especially the OT), I would've liked to have seen a good goal - a breakaway, a great point shot - anything other than a rebound bouncing off a player's body.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 15th, 2009, 12:27 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm a horrible person. I haven't watched a bit of the playoffs yet. I've done it before, it's the most stressful event I can pay attention to short of Duke in the FF. When you think a game is totally lopsided, no chance in hell won, hockey can be won in seconds. My poor heart. Watching the penguins and canes will be tough, I grew up a Pittsburgh fan because of my dad, and when I was in college got emotionally invested as Mario kicked ass (due to my pburgh dormie). But the 'Canes are the ones I'll be pulling for, if I can stand to watch. Reading the aftermath is sooo less stressfull.

But also so much less exciting.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 15th, 2009, 6:11 am

Awesome. At least one of my teams advanced, unlike my Caps that just completely fell apart in Game 7. Boy was that a nightmare. :((

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 15th, 2009, 7:25 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Great win by the Raleigh Hurricanes!

I referred to the Canes and Panthers by their city name recently and my dad tried to correct me. He just doesn't get it, bless his heart.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 15th, 2009, 8:25 am

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Great win by the Raleigh Hurricanes!

I referred to the Canes and Panthers by their city name recently and my dad tried to correct me. He just doesn't get it, bless his heart.
Yeah, I root for the Charlotte Panthers too... 8-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 15th, 2009, 11:52 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Great win by the Raleigh Hurricanes!

I agree-a great goal. Somewhat of a fluke because he whacked it in out of the air but the 'Canes also hit the post and had a "sitter" on the goalline that could have made it 3-1 I think at some time in the 3rd.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.