The new lady in my life...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: The new lady in my life...

Post by ArkieDukie » February 23rd, 2010, 7:03 pm

So sorry for your loss, YMo. :ymhug: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 23rd, 2010, 7:11 pm

Sorry about the loss Ymo! How are Grant et al. doing with all of this?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 23rd, 2010, 7:22 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I completley understand your loss. We lost our Jack (black lab) before Thanksgiving in 2008. Crazietalkers sent so much love and support. Our pets mean so much. They are our family. God bless Eva, you, Grant and Kelly. We're here for you. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2010, 7:26 pm

Very sorry for your loss Ymo, I was wondering what was up when I saw you posting on FB from the pet ER. Also, thanks for sharing your memories, cat's are awesome.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 7:56 pm

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, they mean so much to me.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 8:02 pm

Lavabe wrote:Sorry about the loss Ymo! How are Grant et al. doing with all of this?
I actually am taking her to be put down tomorrow morning. The final tests results weren't in until today and honestly I needed and am lucky to have a little time to say goodbye. It'll be a few days before I can judge their reaction.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 8:07 pm

Everyone is napping after dinner, I don't know what to do with myself...
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » February 23rd, 2010, 8:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a pet that's so close to you and is a part of your family.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 23rd, 2010, 8:53 pm

Ymo, I'm crying with you, or for you and Eva. I can completely relate in terms of not having children and doting on my animals as though they were my own children. I can't even imagine what you're going through tonight. Eva was a very lucky little girl to have such a great human dad in you. While her time with you was short, you gave her all the love you had, and she appreciated it.

I'm sorry you are going through this difficult time. As Wilson mentioned, you are among many animal lovers who also feel your pain.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » February 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm

Ymo, if you need to chat or just have an ear, I'm here for ya! I can PM my phone or you can find on info page of FB! You are in my prayers and I can remember my experiences like they were an hour ago! I carry my babies with me and I know they are looking out for me from above, just as your Eva will be doing for you!!!!! She loves you and knows that you loved her and will honor her and never forget her! I am with ya brother! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 23rd, 2010, 9:08 pm

Ymo, I am so sorry. I hope that you can provide much comfort to Eva in her last days, and I hope that she will provide you with lots of love and happy memories.

Please accept my sympathies. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 10:20 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I jotted these things down this weekend as I sat in the emergency room lobby...I post it here because I know I'll be able to find it again. I don't want to forget her.

All the things I love about Eva:

Scratching her right ear and neck for her
Her excitement every time I feed her
Yogurt at the "yogurt bar"
Morning play sessions
How every morning between 4 and 4:15 I find a little purring ball of fur crawling on my chest and then feeling her fall asleep there
The excitement she had the moment she figured out how to get up to the window ledge rest. A moment in my life I will never forget.
Her dragging everything she can into the garage to hide it.
She gets excited every time she goes out there.
Having to learn how to pet her without knocking her down.
She comes to me when I call her
Honestly, it was love at first sight
Her learning from Grant to hide under the bed covers when "strangers" stop by
She meets me at the door with her brother and sister every day I come home from work
To this, I need to add her hiding in the file cabinet drawer. It was quite an impressive feat for her to jump out of it.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 10:23 pm

Thank you for your sympathies and for the offer to talk. I've spent a quiet evening with them(mainly her) coaxing her to play and move about. She's more interested in sleeping at this point, so I'm not going to force the issue. I wake her up every once in a while to pet her and very quickly hear and feel her purring. Another thing I will miss.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » February 24th, 2010, 12:45 am

YBT, my heart, Kelly's and all of our critters' go out to you and yours. Thoughts and love are with you friend.
sMiles
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 24th, 2010, 6:44 am

Ymo - I'm so sorry to hear this and completely relate to losing a furry family member. When my cat-girl died (18 yrs old) a friend sent me this and it was such a lovely, helpful thought. Sending hugs your way.
Sheree

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 24th, 2010, 8:38 am

Once again this board comes straight into a member's heart and makes itself at home. I'm late to this thread, having been pre-occupied with more family traumas. Didn't want to ask for more vibes since we've had far more than our share already in the last two years.

But, this morning I was scanning the topics and trying to catch up on everybody's news. I find myself right there in your corner with you. Please feel the warm and fuzzy vibes I'm sending your way. They are heartfelt and sincere.

My own family is in the throes of real heartbreak right now, too. The hard thing about losing a beloved pet or someone you love is trying to figure out what to do with all that leftover love. The answer is to spread it around! Open your heart and let it pour! :ymhug:

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 24th, 2010, 9:04 am

I woke up this morning thinking of you and Eva. You both in my prayers. :YMPRAY:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 24th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Thanks to all for your continued thoughts. They are greatly appreciated.

It is definitely emptier around the apartment this afternoon. :(( :(( :((

To add to my anguish, I must now wait 3-6 months to see if my other cats caught it. :(( :(( :((
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 24th, 2010, 1:22 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Thanks to all for your continued thoughts. They are greatly appreciated.

It is definitely emptier around the apartment this afternoon. :(( :(( :((

To add to my anguish, I must now wait 3-6 months to see if my other cats caught it. :(( :(( :((
Vibes and prayers that Grant and Kelly don't have the same thing Eva had.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 24th, 2010, 1:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:As I bare my soul here on these forums, I wanted to mention the following thoughts from a couple weeks ago.

I was in a hotel lobby in Seattle with several co-workers. Several of us had been traveling together for a couple of weeks for business and it was finally winding down. I had a red-eye home that night, the rest were headed back the next day. Well, after a couple of rounds, one co-worker mentioned the thing that he was most proud of were his kids. Another younger and more recently married woman co-worker stated, "Well, what your wife really wants to hear is that she is what you are most proud of." I didn't chime in, but rather left some thoughts unsaid. At this time of my life I don't have a wife or children of my own yet, but what I am most proud of are my 3 great pets, Grant, Kelly, and Eva. They aren't show winning cats, they possess no special abilities, and anyone seeing them will wonder what I am talking about, but they are unique and special to me. Grant and Kelly are wonderful brother and sister, are always waiting for me, and quick to curl up nearby or jump on my lap. Eva was always excited to see me, loved to play with me feet and rub up against me. She got a rough start in life and I was hoping to make it a long and less troublesome one for her. Unfortunately, that chance has been taken away from me. One of the things I regret is that more people didn't get the chance to meet her and see what a wonderful little girl she was.
Thanks for sharing, Ymo. There are many special things in one's life and I am sad this will be missing from yours.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.