Crayon on HDTV...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Crayon on HDTV...

Post by cl15876 » May 13th, 2009, 6:58 pm

bjornolf wrote:Considering the, um, "deposit" I just found in the potty in his room after his nap, I'd go for that. :ymsick: I was really proud of him for putting it in the potty. However, he didn't put his overnight back on, so his bedsheets were completely soaked. He HATES his diapers, but he hasn't quite mastered staying dry when sleeping, so I will often find a dry diaper laying next to a soaked bed in the morning or after naps. Ah, well, 'tis life I guess.

%%-
Awe, it will happen! Give it another year! :D Then no more accidents! Whenever my kiddos would say "Daddy, I have to go.... screech, priorities changed immediately and it was time to find a deposit bucket! My X would do that too me (wait to the last minute, then crisis), OMG, her problem was then MY PROBLEM! I should have let her wet herself! Maybe she would have planned better! :D But I am not EVIL!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =))
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 13th, 2009, 10:40 pm

bjornolf wrote:Considering the, um, "deposit" I just found in the potty in his room after his nap, I'd go for that. :ymsick: I was really proud of him for putting it in the potty. However, he didn't put his overnight back on, so his bedsheets were completely soaked. He HATES his diapers, but he hasn't quite mastered staying dry when sleeping, so I will often find a dry diaper laying next to a soaked bed in the morning or after naps. Ah, well, 'tis life I guess.

%%-
We sure doo learn a lot about your kids' excrement around here.
And yes, I'm aware that "do" is misspelled in the preceding sentence. It came out that way (heh) by accident (heh), and then I decided to just leave it there for (hopefully) obvious reasons.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 14th, 2009, 10:46 am

I love hearing about your kids. Since you and your wife are only children - per the sibling thread, if your kids ever need an aunt just let me know. I have 10 nieces & nephews with the youngest being 13 so more little ones in the group would be fun.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 14th, 2009, 2:46 pm

Well, thank you. They can always use another aunt. If you're ever in DC, you'll have to stop by for lunch to see the little monkeys. I'll make carnitas with cornbread, or Zuppa Toscano with garlic bread. Your choice.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 14th, 2009, 4:05 pm

bjornolf wrote:Well, thank you. They can always use another aunt. If you're ever in DC, you'll have to stop by for lunch to see the little monkeys. I'll make carnitas with cornbread, or Zuppa Toscano with garlic bread. Your choice.

%%-
I haven't been to DC in a while so I just may have to take you up on that.
Life is good!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 14th, 2009, 5:33 pm

wilson wrote:

%%-
And yes, I'm aware that "do" is misspelled in the preceding sentence. It came out that way (heh) by accident (heh), and then I decided to just leave it there for (hopefully) obvious reasons.
Well, you did take that creative writing course. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 14th, 2009, 5:42 pm

captmojo wrote:
wilson wrote:

%%-
Well, you did take that creative writing course. :D
I mean, seriously...I pretty much can't look at your avatar and sig pic without noticing the little smile on the face of your youngest and thinking that, somehow, it's just a little mischievous. Then I start thinking about raisins and hot garbage and, well...anyway. :-??
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 14th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Sorry about that. I'll try to stop. He does have a pretty mischievous smile, though. He's the younger brother, but the middle child. He's the one I always talk about. He's not the youngest. The youngest is the girl. She's a sweetiepie 99% of the time. I'm sure that's what you meant, but just wanted to make sure. ;) Or maybe you did mean she had the mischievous smile. I never really thought of her's as mischievous, though.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 14th, 2009, 7:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:Sorry about that. I'll try to stop. He does have a pretty mischievous smile, though. He's the younger brother, but the middle child. He's the one I always talk about. He's not the youngest. The youngest is the girl. She's a sweetiepie 99% of the time. I'm sure that's what you meant, but just wanted to make sure. ;) Or maybe you did mean she had the mischievous smile. I never really thought of her's as mischievous, though.

%%-
Well, I kind of assumed that hers was the raisiny, hot-garbage diaper, so yes, she's the one I meant. Perhaps I was mistaken, though.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 14th, 2009, 7:16 pm

But come to think of it, I guess she can't yet eat raisins without teeth? Now I have no idea whose poop it was, and I'm just kind of confused.
In case you hadn't noticed yet, I know less than nothing about babies.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 14th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Oh, yes, the one full of raisins. Yes, that would be her. They ARE raisiny cause she can't chew them too well yet. They're mostly whole raisins that have partially re-hydrated in her intestines, so they're kind of round again. It's kinda weird. We get a lot of corny ones too. If she'd just stop sticking her hands and feet in it when I'm trying to change her! :ymsick: Sorry, I promised I'd stop. Last one. Long story short (:!! I know), you were right, that was her. And you're also right, it's TMI. :-t

She DID say "How are you?" today, which was REALLY cute. Is that better?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 14th, 2009, 7:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:Oh, yes, the one full of raisins. Yes, that would be her. They ARE raisiny cause she can't chew them too well yet. They're mostly whole raisins that have partially re-hydrated in her intestines, so they're kind of round again. It's kinda weird. We get a lot of corny ones too. If she'd just stop sticking her hands and feet in it when I'm trying to change her! :ymsick: Sorry, I promised I'd stop. Last one. Long story short (:!! I know), you were right, that was her. And you're also right, it's TMI. :-t

She DID say "How are you?" today, which was REALLY cute. Is that better?

%%-
The poop stories really don't bother me at all. I sort of forgot to outgrow that.
But yes, that comment from her is quite cute.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 14th, 2009, 9:37 pm

Sonny boy keeps it up, he could be walking in this guy's footsteps. His name is Don Marco. This picture is done in crayon. Google him. (I don't think that's him in the picture)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 15th, 2009, 1:05 am

bjornolf wrote:Any other good cleaning tips out there?

%%-

Hairspray takes liquid paper out of dress pants.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 15th, 2009, 9:38 am

colchar wrote:

%%-

Hairspray (the cheaper, the better) is also the secret to getting ink (ball point only) out of your clothes. Spray it on there as soon as possible after you get the stain, let it sit for just a minute, and then wash normally. Repeat if necessary.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 15th, 2009, 11:36 am

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:

%%-

Hairspray (the cheaper, the better) is also the secret to getting ink (ball point only) out of your clothes. Spray it on there as soon as possible after you get the stain, let it sit for just a minute, and then wash normally. Repeat if necessary.
Hairspray is also a preferred propellent for potato guns.
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 15th, 2009, 11:54 am

wilson wrote:

Really? I had no idea. But it makes sense that it would work for both liquid paper and ink. This is a waaay better tip than mine because getting ink on your clothes is far more common a problem.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » May 15th, 2009, 4:18 pm

bjornolf wrote:My 3 year old just painted my 61" Toshiba with crayon. Almost TOTAL coverage!

I freaked. I checked online and found an article about a woman using warm peanut oil, followed by windex to get up the oil. I thought "yea right" but I was desperate. I didn't have peanut oil, so I nuked a small bowl of olive oil for about 45 seconds, then used corners of a cloth (new corner for each section of crayon) to wipe it in circular motion. Worked like a charm! Came out in about two minutes!! I was amazed. Cleaned it up with a little windex on a cloth. It was AWESOME!!

Anyway, just thought parents might enjoy the tip.

%%-
And what was the time-out for that? :o) 8-}[/quote]
FTR, Olive oil is excellent for many things, cleaning and cooking being just two. (Get that dirty thought out of your heads! Cochar, CB&B- I'm looking at you! :lol: )

The stuff will clean damn near anything.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 15th, 2009, 4:24 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
bjornolf wrote:My 3 year old just painted my 61" Toshiba with crayon. Almost TOTAL coverage!

I freaked. I checked online and found an article about a woman using warm peanut oil, followed by windex to get up the oil. I thought "yea right" but I was desperate. I didn't have peanut oil, so I nuked a small bowl of olive oil for about 45 seconds, then used corners of a cloth (new corner for each section of crayon) to wipe it in circular motion. Worked like a charm! Came out in about two minutes!! I was amazed. Cleaned it up with a little windex on a cloth. It was AWESOME!!

Anyway, just thought parents might enjoy the tip.

%%-
And what was the time-out for that? :o) 8-}
FTR, Olive oil is excellent for many things, cleaning and cooking being just two. (Get that dirty thought out of your heads! Cochar, CB&B- I'm looking at you! :lol: )

The stuff will clean damn near anything.[/quote]

Will it clean up nail polish on cloths?
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 17th, 2009, 2:23 pm

colchar wrote:

%%-

Will it take liquid paper off of my leg?

Clbunchofnumbers and I were at the outlet mall in Leesburg yesterday. He ran around the car to open my door for me (for which he scored gentleman points!), and when I stepped out of the car, he said, "Ewww, what is that pink thing on the back of your leg?"

It was pink colored white-out. I ran out of time before taking my kid to school on Tuesday morning, so I just stuffed my stockings in my purse and put them on when I got to the office. I punched my thumbnail through them as I was pulling them over my thighs. Not having another pair of stockings available at the office, I reached into my drawer and painted the only thing similar to nail polish that I could find on to my stockings to stop any runs from happening.

I've showered 5 times since then. The pink liquid paper won't come off my leg. Maybe I should see my dermatologist about this?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith